Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we appreciating Vlad enough?

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: Are we appreciating Vlad enough?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post
    So other teams don't pay attention to FIP and other metrics?
    Detroit didn’t when they traded for Simon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Thank you for the pedantry. But the point is: The Cardinals get huge lifts from nobodies in their farm, every single season. For decades in a row. This is the first time the Reds have hit on every single luck cylinder in—22 years?—1999 being the most recent. They have been ridiculously healthy (Moose being the only real absence), Votto is putting up MVP numbers at 37, India is both a ROY and a top ten MVP contender, Winker has gone from 6 hole hitter to MVP candidate, Vlad has become the most successful bottom of the rotation starter for the team since….Steve Parris in 99. The stars have absolutely aligned for this club. Finally.
    Antone, , Lorenzen Gray, and Sims disagree with the ridiculously healthy statement.

As do Votto, Cast, Senzel and Moose.

Winker is basically the same player as last year.

Thank you for the pedantry. But the point is: The Cardinals get huge lifts from nobodies in their farm, every single season. For decades in a row. This is the first time the Reds have hit on every single luck cylinder in—22 years?—1999 being the most recent. They have been ridiculously healthy (Moose being the only real absence), Votto is putting up MVP numbers at 37, India is both a ROY and a top ten MVP contender, Winker has gone from 6 hole hitter to MVP candidate, Vlad has become the most successful bottom of the rotation starter for the team since….Steve Parris in 99. The stars have absolutely aligned for this club. Finally.
    It’s killing you isn’t it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Antone, , Lorenzen Gray, and Sims disagree with the ridiculously healthy statement.

As do Votto, Cast, Senzel and Moose.

Winker is basically the same player as last year.

Votto and Cast have been healthy. So has Gray. It’s all comparative. And the Reds have been blessed with health this season.

Winker is OPS over .100 over his pre-2021 career numbers. And he’s stayed on the field. It’s a huge breakout year for him.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 08-08-2021 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    It’s killing you isn’t it

Why would it be? It’s an incredible run. For once the baseball gods aren’t taking a dump on us.

Votto and Cast have been healthy. So has Gray. It’s all comparative. And the Reds have been blessed with health this season.

Winker is OPS over .100 over his pre-2021 career numbers. And he’s stayed on the field. It’s a huge breakout year for him.
    Votto and cast have missed about 100 plate plate appearances each, Moose 300..senzel most of season…. 3 key relievers injured most of the time…
    Gray missed 6 starts

Insanely healthy is a big stretch… there have been key elements missing at various points.

Why would it be? It’s an incredible run. For once the baseball gods aren’t taking a dump on us.
    I don’t know why it would…. Just watching you find every way imaginable to keep the narrative at fluke, luck, and limiting any credit that may be due, dodging any blame if the myriad of predictions you e got wrong.

It’s just kind of funny to watch while everyone else is enjoying the run without justifying reasons why it shouldn’t be happening. It sticks out.

If they could package him, along with Tucker and Moustakas to a team like Anaheim for Jo Adell I’d do that all day.

In the meantime, I’m both surprised and appreciative of the value Gutierrez has brought to this club.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    If they could package him, along with Tucker and Moustakas to a team like Anaheim for Jo Adell I’d do that all day.

In the meantime, I’m both surprised and appreciative of the value Gutierrez has brought to this club.
    Jo Adell? What? They could spend the salary similar or better in free agency, they aren’t giving up their top prospect for mediocre contracts and a fluke run from vlad.

I get the point, if we could swap vlad and shed some salary in the process it’s not a bad idea, I just wouldn’t expect much of anything in return.

Watching the broadcast he looks good enough for a 5th starter, and so far he has more than exceeded expectations.

But find me a pitcher along the lines of 52 K/73 IP with a 1.34 WHIP who has succeeded long term. That’s a pretty scary line going forward.

As of today Votto wasn’t even qualified to compete for batting stats. He missed a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    I don’t know why it would…. Just watching you find every way imaginable to keep the narrative at fluke, luck, and limiting any credit that may be due, dodging any blame if the myriad of predictions you e got wrong.

It’s just kind of funny to watch while everyone else is enjoying the run without justifying reasons why it shouldn’t be happening. It sticks out.

I think we should have Cardinals-esque luck every season (because let’s be honest, unless you’re the Yankees or Dodgers, you have to tap in to serious wellsprings of luck). We’ve been crawling through eight years of sewage and finally. Everything is clicking at once. Let’s do this for ten years straight.

I think we should have Cardinals-esque luck every season (because let’s be honest, unless you’re the Yankees or Dodgers, you have to tap in to serious wellsprings of luck). We’ve been crawling through eight years of sewage and finally. Everything is clicking at once. Let’s do this for ten years straight.
    I’d be fine with saying we’ve been pretty lucky this year.

Cardinals-style luck would be like 2010? or 2012? where we had no starter (pitcher) miss a game.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    As of today Votto wasn’t even qualified to compete for batting stats. He missed a lot.
    If he misses no more time this season, he can match his 2019 PA numbers. The dude’s 37. I’d say he’s been a solid presence in the lineup for his age.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I’d be fine with saying we’ve been pretty lucky this year.

Cardinals-style luck would be like 2010? or 2012? where we had no starter (pitcher) miss a game.
    Yet in 2012 we REALLY lost a lot of Votto.

Turn Off Ads?