Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Matt McLain - Fast Mover?

Re: Matt McLain - Fast Mover?

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    McLain is showing more power and speed than India at this point. India never ops'd .800 in the minors, and McLain is at .939 and rising. McLain also is 16 for 18 in SB in 54 games. McLain could end up as a similar player in the bigs to India, but I think he has a little more upside with the power/speed combo. The strike outs are a little high now which you can live with when the slg% in near .700.
    Iím glad McLainís doing well, but I donít think thereís much of any insight to be gained from Indiaís crappy, injury riddled minor league career.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Longenhagen of fangraphs responding to a question in the chat:
    Have you seen anything different from Matt McLain to explain the power surge, or is he just on a heater?
    Nothing new about the swing, nothing obviously different about his physicality. I'm inclined to believe it's just a weird stretch. His line is very strange for a guy who's been a contact-over-power type his whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Longenhagen of fangraphs responding to a question in the chat:
    One thing I’ve learned over the years is prospect “experts” refuse to admit when they are wrong. My favorite was after Todd Frazier had like 10 years of success at MLB level, Law was called out by Frazier on Twitter and Law STILL refused to admit he was wrong.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    One thing I’ve learned over the years is prospect “experts” refuse to admit when they are wrong. My favorite was after Todd Frazier had like 10 years of success at MLB level, Law was called out by Frazier on Twitter and Law STILL refused to admit he was wrong.
    Joey Votto's slow bat agrees.

So does Nick Senzel's average speed.

Turn Off Ads?