Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: 8-14-21 Reds @ Phillies 4:05pm

Re: 8-14-21 Reds @ Phillies 4:05pm

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Of course, this is what you get in baseball when the industry standard for starting pitchers becomes 85 to 100 pitches or 5-6 innings -- whichever comes first. 3 or 4 innings every game have to be covered by the bullpen. Compound that with the new industry standard for relief pitchers being 1 inning only, and not pitching in back-to-back games. Clubs need to carry nine pitchers in their bullpen under those parameters.

When starting pitchers pitched 7+ innings more regularly (not all the time, but more often than they do now), and bullpens had one or two guys capable of pitching multiple innings (including one guy who might even be a long man or spot starter type who could go 4+ innings now and then), then you didn't have to carry extra "bad pitchers" to cover garbage innings.

TRUTH! I wish I could like this post 1,000 times.

2. Turn Off Ads?

just win tomorrow. this one was a lost cause as soon as a washed-up scrub like matt moore was throwing a no-no through 6 innings. just an anomaly.
    Last edited by JFLegal; 08-14-2021 at 06:56 PM.

I don't think the boys slept well in Philly last night.

No hit through most of the game

Aquino looked half asleep taking his time to throw home and then followed that up with watching a belt high fastball on the outside corner with 2 strikes

Votto did take a nap in the 8th inning

Stephenson left home plate unattended

Doolittle, Didlittle to help on that play. On the mound he looked normal.

Gotta wake up and get Nola tomorrow

5. Likes:

Roy Tucker (08-14-2021),Tom Servo (08-14-2021),wally post (08-14-2021)

first win for matt moore as a starter since 2018.

Doolittle hahaha. Only thing you can do is just laugh at this point

- - - Updated - - -

2-4 trip would be dissapointing. Need tommorrow

They call me "chef"

If the Reds lose on all the days the Brewers lose and win on some of the days that the Brewers win and we have faith, it’ll all work out in the end. Go Reds. #GoWishboneC #NeverDoubtersClub

Just one of those days.
    The best you can do now is put it behind you and move on. Come back tomorrow and win the series.

10. Likes:

DocRed (08-15-2021)

Padres lose on a no-hitter by Tyler Gilbert in his 4th MLB game. Up until tonight, his first MLB start, he had pitched 3.2 innings and had one loss and one save, and had given up no earned runs and 2 hits. Tonight it took him 102 pitches to get 27 outs, only facing 28 batters in 25 ABs. Only one person reached base, lead-off hitter Tommy Pham, as he walked leading off the 1st, 4th, and 7th innings using 20 pitches. The first two times Pham was erased on double plays. He was the last batter of the game and lined out on the first pitch to him that ended the game. I wonder if this is the first time a MLB complete game no hitter was achieved. The answer is no, it has happened 4 times!

When they announce Doolittle - which is what he does - is warming up?

I'm just changing the channel, and not wasting my time. Pathetic in any position. Let alone close games that count even more as the season progresses. That 1.55 WHIP alone is enough.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

13. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (08-15-2021)

Turn Off Ads?