Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who Would You Rather See the Reds Face--Giants or Dodgers?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Giants

27 42.19%
  • Dodgers

22 34.38%
  • No Real Preference

8 12.50%
  • Playoffs? Don't Talk About...Playoffs? You Kidding Me? Playoffs?

7 10.94%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who Would You Rather See the Reds Face in the WC Game-- Dodgers or Giants?

Re: Who Would You Rather See the Reds Face in the WC Game-- Dodgers or Giants?

Dodgers. Giants flat out have our number.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I live in LA so easy decision for me. I would love to see the Reds beat the Dodgers one more time this year at Dodger Stadium
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I think I'd rather face any of the Giants' starters over Buehler. And I'd like to see the Reds advance to an actual playoff series, so my pick is the Giants.

I still think the Dodgers sneak into the lead out west in the last week of the season, and it'll be Reds @ Giants in the WC game.
    I was of this opinion too. Dodgers are 9-1 in their last 10 and have only gained 1 game and they only have 3 left head-to-head with Giants. It’s going to be close.

Interesting who the Dodgers finish with: The Brewers in LA. That could be a huge series to determine not just the 1 seed, but whether the Dodgers win the division or get the WC. Maybe we’ll get a tie and SF and LA will have to play an extra game?

I think of our goal is to maximize our Reds October baseball, we want SF in a 1 gamer. Scherzer or Beuhler in LA is going to be a tall order.

But you never know how the pitching will set up. In the Dodgers case, if they are tied with SF going into the last series, I’d think they will use Scherzer and Bueler to clinch the West and avoid the WC. Setting up an interesting dynamic. Lets just hope our boys are in the mix!

Giants

Can't believe anyone who just watched Mad Max last night would want the Reds to face LA. Its' basically a guaranteed go home.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

If Kershaw is healthy, that's who LA should start in a one-game playoff. The Dodgers would be foolish to (A) not throw a lefty vs. the Reds; and (B) not have Scherzer for potentially two games in the ensuing series.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Giants,better chance of facing a righthander!
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    If Kershaw is healthy, that's who LA should start in a one-game playoff. The Dodgers would be foolish to (A) not throw a lefty vs. the Reds; and (B) not have Scherzer for potentially two games in the ensuing series.
    This is a logical argument about facing the Reds.

But it will all come down to how things look between the Dodgers and Giants going into the final weekend. IMO, I don’t think it will be decided before then, and both teams will do whatever it takes to win the division.

Turn Off Ads?