Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
Yes and this is where they need Moose to be. Naquin was huge in Apr along with Winker and Castellanos. Castellanos went down Votto and Farmer stepped up.
Winker goes down Naquin steps up. Hoffman went down Vlad stepped up, Antone goes down Brach and Hembree stepped up.
Guys have picked each other up all season. What a winning team does.
Which is why they have to give Moose more time to get right. Will he? I think he will. Of course what I think means nothing and he may not hit at all. He was a huge part of those Royal postseason teams.
Now I do agree you can't wait till the end of the season for him to get going. But he needs to be given more ABs. I still think Barrero would be best in AAA playing everyday. Lopez or Schrock can fill his spot as a PH. You don't wanna let him sit on the bench and get stale. But there really isn't a starting spot for him. Had Senzel been healthy he would have took Winker's spot. But they probably wanna keep Barrero up here as Moose insurance and he needs to be up on Aug 31 to be postseason eligible. Sounds like Winker won't be back till at least Sept 1 anyway. If Barrero does stay up they do need to get him starts. At least a couple a week. Maybe you try a OF of Castellanos Barrero and a Naquin/Aquino platoon. Barrero is very athletic so I imagine with some work on the side he would do fine in either LF or CF.
This tickled my funny bone. Nice!