Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RIP Tom T. Hall

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RIP Tom T. Hall

“I was between flights in Chicago,” Hall remembers, laughing, “and I stopped into an airport bar where a woman was playing piano and singing. I ordered a drink, looked over at her, and she said, ‘Don’t ask me to sing “Harper Valley.”’ She hadn’t any idea who I was. I just said, ‘That’s okay, I don’t need to hear that one.’

4. Likes:

KeefeCato (08-22-2021)

Love me some Tom T Hall

Especially this one

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jk64JluO4CI

6. Likes:

Falls City Beer (08-22-2021),KeefeCato (08-22-2021)

I too, like beer.

Not sure it makes me a jolly good fellow though.

RIP Tom. Now who's gonna feed them hogs?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

8. Likes:

Falls City Beer (08-22-2021),goreds2 (08-27-2021),KeefeCato (08-22-2021),westofyou (08-21-2021)

He's someone I thought died a long time ago. He had some really good success in the country music field. I share the last name with him so I always had some affinity for him. RIP Tom T. Hall
    Reds Fan Since 1971

10. Likes:

goreds2 (08-27-2021),KeefeCato (08-22-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    He's someone I thought died a long time ago. He had some really good success in the country music field. I share the last name with him so I always had some affinity for him. RIP Tom T. Hall
    He's the exact age of my father, I had not seen him on tv since CMT actually was country music station. Songwriters tend rise and fall and often continue to write for others as they get older, I enjoyed Tom's delivery, it's a bit of the traditional storytelling vibe of folk music and it was often dressed up in the Billy Sherill production tricks of the 70's. The last of country music storytellers are fading, the monoculture of today's world has eclipsed the unique story of growing up somewhere someone has never been, you can only write so many songs about Applebees and Mike's Hard Lemonade

12. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-22-2021),Falls City Beer (08-22-2021),goreds2 (08-27-2021),KeefeCato (08-22-2021),RedsBaron (08-22-2021)

Turn Off Ads?