Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: India vs. Stephenson for 2021 ROY

Re: India vs. Stephenson for 2021 ROY

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    It’s awesome that all 3 are having great seasons. To this day, one of the coolest things about being a baseball fan is watching a rookie grow right in front of our eyes. India has arguably been the most pleasant surprise of any rookie in my life time.

Regarding your post, India has it locked up over his teammates unless Stephenson pulls a Votto or Gutierrez pulls an ‘ 88 Hershiser.
    I thought watching Larkin grow was pretty awesome, but he didn't make a huge impression offensively his first full year. Nor did Eric Davis, who also took a couple years. What's been fun with India is he had no games in the MLB prior to this year, not even a late season call up to introduce himself. In my life, I have never seen a rookie get to business of being an impact player so quickly.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-23-2021),Redsland (08-23-2021),RichRed (08-23-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

The really impressive thing to me about India is not just that he is making an impact, but that he truly seems viewed as one of the core bedrock type of guys in the locker room. Often it seems when a rookie is doing well, there is this big brother vibe from the elder statesmen of 'yeah, that's our rook.' But India seems to be on equal footing.

Between him, Ty Steve, and Vlad.... maybe its luck, maybe its drafting with a focused on character, maybe its our system, or its a combo of all three... but these guys are just ready for the major leagues. Its really impressive as they just seem unflappable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Let's stop talking about those people and shun them as they deserve.

Joey is a Red for life. I really don't care if there are people that don't like it.

Sabo or Zavi as my phone likes to spell it out led the league in doubles for most of the season. He foundered the last 3 weeks in September and was overtaken. In addition to the SB and BA which were valued more along with the AS game he made and his Spuds glasses. He has the hype for most of the year. A weak September makes it look more like Grace was robbed.

I’ve seen worse ROY robbery. 1969 Ted Sizemore over Richie Hebner and someone else I can’t recall. Todd Hollingsworth in 1996?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Sabo or Zavi as my phone likes to spell it out led the league in doubles for most of the season. He foundered the last 3 weeks in September and was overtaken. In addition to the SB and BA which were valued more along with the AS game he made and his Spuds glasses. He has the hype for most of the year. A weak September makes it look more like Grace was robbed.

I’ve seen worse ROY robbery. 1969 Ted Sizemore over Richie Hebner and someone else I can’t recall. Todd Hollingsworth in 1996?
    I did not mention it to highlight it as the greatest ROY injustice, but rather because of the symmetry it had with 2008. 2 LH 1B who have long successful careers were both beaten out by comparative flashes in a pan... and in one it was the Red beating the Cub and in the other the Cub beating the Red.

As I type this, it makes me wonder of this did not add a little to the fire/animosity Joey seems to feel about the Cubs and Cub fans.

7. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (08-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Trevor Rogers has likely actually been the best rookie but it’s close.

It’s a two man race with lots of time to go.

While with the CYA there is a bias with MVP, none exists for ROY.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    He had a 4.08 earnie in July, and hasn't pitched in August. Heckuva start to the season...but ya gotta play.
    Unless he pitches the rest of the year like he did in May, it's India/Wisdom to the finish line.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Turn Off Ads?