Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: 8-25-21 Reds @ Brewers 8:10pm

Re: 8-25-21 Reds @ Brewers 8:10pm

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Look maybe it’s sour grapes but the Brewers suddenly having an entire STAFF full of guys who pitch like they’re Josh Hader has alarms going off to me. I obviously don’t know what they’re doing but it’s fishy.
    At this point, given their success the last five years or so, they’re just doing what the A’s and Rays do. Maybe it’s fishy… I don’t know. But that team is the 2015 Royals incarnate. With better SP. I promise you, the league wants none of Burnes, Woodruff, Peralta, Williams, and Hader in a playoff series. I think they win the NL. The Dodgers are the only team that should scare them, and they might have to play a WC game.

It’s likely - to me anyway - that they end up with the #2 spot in the NL and face the Braves in the NLDS. I bet $100 on them to win the WS outright in June at 22-1. That was and is a steal.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Brewers fans have become as obnoxious as any in baseball. America 2021.
    Giannis and the guys made them realize that a small market team with competent ownership and management can win. Plus Rodgers is back so they are feeling pretty good about things.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan9988 View Post
    At this point, given their success the last five years or so, they’re just doing what the A’s and Rays do. Maybe it’s fishy… I don’t know. But that team is the 2015 Royals incarnate. With better SP. I promise you, the league wants none of Burnes, Woodruff, Peralta, Williams, and Hader in a playoff series. I think they win the NL. The Dodgers are the only team that should scare them, and they might have to play a WC game.

It’s likely - to me anyway - that they end up with the #2 spot in the NL and face the Braves in the NLDS. I bet $100 on them to win the WS outright in June at 22-1. That was and is a steal.
    I mean they're clearly a talented org, I'm not surprised they're winning. I AM surprised that seemingly every pitcher who puts on a Brewers uniform is not just average-to-good but is like Cy Young now.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-25-2021)

I mean they're clearly a talented org, I'm not surprised they're winning. I AM surprised that seemingly every pitcher who puts on a Brewers uniform is not just average-to-good but is like Cy Young now.
    Any investigation ought to start with the Yankees and that guy Wandy Peralta.

I watched Woodruff tonight, and he just overpowered the Reds. Unless someone was stealing signs, the Reds looked inept on offense. To my eyes everytime we made contact it was on a pitch moving in on the hands. Add to that 95+mph heat, and well ....

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    I hope he is not a Red next season. I would rather have a pen full of RH relievers if Garrett is the best they can do for a LH reliever.
    Agree, Keefe. I've seen enough of him and his shenanighans. Won't miss him when he's one.

10. Likes:

mgbrown66 (08-26-2021)

Can't find anything to b1tch about really. Good pitching beats good hitting, and sheeeeesh, the Brewers have it in spades.

And their lineup is suddenly timely and competent. This might be the best team in baseball.

But the Reds are close.

Turn Off Ads?