Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wendy’s changing its French fries

Re: Wendy’s changing its French fries

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I never met a French fry I did not like.
    I submit to you:

Undercooked Steak n Shake fries
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Likes:

goreds2 (11-09-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Beginning November 15th Wendy's will be selling another new frosty flavor; a Peppermint frosty (vanilla base w/ peppermint syrup).

Additionally, Wendy's will be launching an Italian Mozz Chicken Sandwich, Italian Mozz Burger, and Garlic Fries.
    Finally tried the Peppermint Frosty at Wendy’s. Sadly, I was disappointed. The peppermint flavor was way too weak, I could barely taste it. At first I thought maybe they gave me a strawberry one by mistake, but those are off the menu.

It still was a Frosty, so it was good, but not very holiday tasting. Maybe the peppermint flavor does work well with a Frosty, but if that was the reason, they never should of released it.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

5. Likes:

goreds2 (11-22-2022)

Aww man, no more strawberry frosties?

But they still keep those chemical tasting vanilla frosties?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Back in 1978 Wendy's, at least in Gresham, Oregon, would place one of those small bottles of Tobasco Sauce on each table. I believe the Double was recently introduced. Anyway, at the time, the Wendy's burgers were rumored to be made of worms because of how greasy they were. But, I didn't care because if this is what worms taste like, then I should go into the worm business.

They really did taste better than any other burger in 1978, and what made it great was how I ate them. I ordered two double-burgers and used an entire bottle of tabasco sauce on them, half on one, and half on the other. As I ate those two burgers (I made sure I ordered water, not pop), each with half a bottle of tobasco sauce on it, it was like a physical change overwent my entire body. It was a mind-blowing experience. But, it wasn't the best of that type.

There was a taco place in Salem, Oregon, called "Taco John's", and they had the green sauce....the true, hot, green sauce. I'd order two of their tacos (and get the ice water ready) and poured the green sauce over both of them. The difference between that experience and the Wendy's one is that water would stream down my face from my eyes and onto the table as I ate those tacos. That was my favorite hot sauce experience. I was 19-22 when I did this stuff. My stomach and health were in perfect condition, the top 1% of 1% in the world, so I could handle it then. Now I add seven drops of Tobasco Sauce into a 16 oz V8 drink and I'm barely dealing with it.

Anyway, by 1984 the Wendy's burgers changed so much that I didn't like them anymore. I ate their crappy food for another 25 years, but pretty much stuck to the chili and the chicken nuggets for the last 10 years. I've never liked their french fries, and quit eating anybody's french fries 25 years ago. It's just not worth it. Killer Burger? Keep your fries. Red Robin? Keep your fries. Burger King? Your fries have always sucked. Five Guys? Keep your fries.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

8. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-25-2022)

For the first time, Wendy's is adding a pumpkin spice-flavored Frosty to its menus for a limited time beginning Sept. 12.

Wendy's has found success in experimenting with its Frosty flavors.

Usually, Wendy's only sells chocolate (1969) and vanilla (2006) versions of the milkshake-like treat, with the latter flavor taking a break this fall.

Pumpkin spice (2023) becomes the Frosty's sixth-ever flavor, joining the limited-time edition ranks of peppermint (2022), strawberry (2022), and birthday cake (2019 to celebrate Wendy's 50th birthday).

Wendy's said the new flavor "merges the same creamy, delectable texture Frosty fans know and love with hints of pumpkin and a blend of warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg for a taste of familiar fall flavors in every bite," in a press release.

Carl Loredo, global chief marketing officer at Wendy's, previously told CNN that it's seen "great success" with seasonal flavors and wants to maintain the momentum. He declined to reveal specific sales numbers of the special Frosty flavors.

Turn Off Ads?