Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Injury Update

Re: Injury Update

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    David Bell says Tyler Naquin is expected to miss the rest of the regular season with his rib injury.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The #Reds today placed on the 10-day injured list, retro to Wednesday, LHP Wade Miley (neck strain) and recalled from Triple-A Louisville LHP Cionel Pérez.

Charlie Goldsmith @CharlieG__

David Bell says Joey Votto tweaked his knee on the extra innings play on Friday where he sprinted to the base, and he landed awkwardly on the base.
    Bell says there’s a good chance Votto will be back soon.

Votto says he could probably hit today.

Why in the hell is a Riley O’ Brien listed as the starter tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Why in the hell is a Riley O’ Brien listed as the starter tomorrow?
    A Riley O'Brien is starting tomorrow.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

7. Likes:

Big Klu (09-27-2021),Ron Madden (09-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Can’t compute.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I want them to wear the all greens and the announce team to speak with brogues.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

10. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Can’t compute.
    Luis Castillo is missing his start due to being on the bereavement list.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

12. Likes:

kaldaniels (09-27-2021)

C. Trent Rosecrans @ctrent

Reds SS Kyle Farmer was scratched before Friday's game in Pittsburgh and may be done for the season with either an oblique or intercostal sprain, manager David Bell said.

Farmer started 115 games at SS this season and hit .263/.316/.416.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 10-02-2021 at 11:37 AM.

Not only does Farmer lead the Reds in appearances at SS, but he is also second on the club (behind India) in appearances at 2B, and third on the club (behind Suárez and Moustakas) in appearances at 3B.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Kudos to Kyle Farmer for having a very solid season. He's probably our SS next year along with Barrero. I'm OK with that. Our most pressing position is CF.

16. Likes:

mth123 (10-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Kudos to Kyle Farmer for having a very solid season. He's probably our SS next year along with Barrero. I'm OK with that. Our most pressing position is CF.
    I'm not. He's a utility guy, not a starting-caliber SS.

The Reds need to turn Barrero loose. Barrero has proven himself at AA/AAA and he's not going to grow as an MLB player unless he's getting regular playing time at SS.

18. Likes:

757690 (10-03-2021),Revering4Blue (10-02-2021),Tom Servo (10-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    I'm not. He's a utility guy, not a starting-caliber SS.

The Reds need to turn Barrero loose. Barrero has proven himself at AA/AAA and he's not going to grow as an MLB player unless he's getting regular playing time at SS.
    I'm in favor of Barerro getting the nod on opening day, but Farmer should still play a lot all over and get 3 or 4 starts per week and he should be in there every time a lefty is on the mound for the opponent. If Barrero hasn't produced any offense by Memorial Day I'd turn back to Farmer unless the reds are already hopelessly out of it (in which case I'd let Barrero take his lumps).
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

20. Likes:

DocRed (10-03-2021)

I guess Barerro should get first crack at short. He has more upside. But here’s my concern -

The Reds are a lousy defensive team. Looking at the defensive metrics two guys stood out as superior this season - Barnhart and Farmer.

I know Barrero is talented defensively and has the range. But I’m not sure he is as consistent, avoiding errors as Farmer. Not sure Farmer can repeat that either, frankly.

To eliminate Barnhart and Farmer defensively could be a real (fill in the phrase). I’d feel better about it if Reds meaningfully upgrade the defense at other positions, outfield primarily and some bench members.
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-03-2021 at 09:53 AM.

On Barrero and Farmer, I’d also note that if Jose is to start at short, Farmer may be trade bait.

A team with a hole at starting shortstop could make a good offer for him. He certainly had a creditable season, decent hitting, occasional hot streak, and very good fielding.

I couldn’t justify turning down a good trade if Farmer is to be a utility man with the Reds.

23. Likes:

757690 (10-03-2021)

Turn Off Ads?