Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 8-30-21 Reds vs Cardinals 6:40pm

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Re: 8-30-21 Reds vs Cardinals 6:40pm

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Problem is though the Reds have 4 good pitchers. They have no clear cut ACE to go to in a WC game. May be best to go with whoever is pitching best down the stretch. All 4 has been hit in the first inning at times. I think he was/is mentally ready. He just misses spots more than a true ACE would.
    I don't know. Living outside in this park is suicide. That seems more like a mental mistake than an execution mistake.

Just wish we weren't in a stupid 1-game situation. MLB should have that 3 games, minimum, even though that doesn't necessarily increase our chances. I just think baseball's meant to be played that way, not a do-or-die game.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

2. Likes:

KeefeCato (08-30-2021),Red Raindog (08-30-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Naquin's hot streak may be over. But if he goes back to hitting like he was pre hot streak this offence is in trouble if a couple guys don't pick it up.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Agree, and I wasn't the one who brought it up here.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

6. Likes:

KeefeCato (08-30-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    I don't know. Living outside in this park is suicide. That seems more like a mental mistake than an execution mistake.

Just wish we weren't in a stupid 1-game situation. MLB should have that 3 games, minimum, even though that doesn't necessarily increase our chances. I just think baseball's meant to be played that way, not a do-or-die game.
    Yeah, I thought it would be a 3 game series since they did that last season. I thought it was how it was going to be moving forward. If the offence don't pick it up soon might not make it in. For the Reds in a WC game they are going to have to score at least 5 runs or more I think. Because whoever they start probably gives up 2-3 and you know the pen would have to cover 2-3 innings and will give up at least 1.

Problem is though the Reds have 4 good pitchers. They have no clear cut ACE to go to in a WC game. May be best to go with whoever is pitching best down the stretch. All 4 has been hit in the first inning at times. I think he was/is mentally ready. He just misses spots more than a true ACE would.
    Sonny Gray is such a bulldog competitor. He seems to be rounding back into form after his injuries. If Sonny keeps pitching like he has of late all the way to the end of the season, I'd consider throwing him against the Dodgers if Luis is having any struggles down the stretch. It probably won't happen, but I'd feel pretty good with Sonny on the bump and the season on the line.
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 08-30-2021 at 07:26 PM.

Ten likes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Sonny Gray is such a bulldog competitor. He seems to be rounding back into form after his injuries. If Sonny keeps pitching like he has of late all the way to the end of the season, I'd consider throwing him against the Dodgers if Luis is having any struggles down the stretch. It probably won't happen, but I'd feel pretty good with Sonny on the bump.
    Yeah, the more I think about it the more I think there is no right or wrong choice between the 4. All are capable of pitching great and bad games. I probably go with whoever is the hottest the last three games they pitch. One thing I would not do is pitch Mahle at home in any playoff game.
    Like I was saying earlier I am not convinced they make the WC. I don't know maybe just me but the Offence has looked really bad for a week or so now. They always seem to bounce back after bad stretches though. Lester is horrible and they really need to beat him up here 2nd time through the order.

I don't know if Wisdom is still considered a rookie but he has been on fire and India is slumping. I hope he don't lose his ROY award in Sept.

I really would be mad if this was the one decent start for Lester for the Cardinals this year.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Farmer did make some good plays in Miami but Larkin who is praising him would have made those look routine.
    Well Barry Larkin is in the HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Well Barry Larkin is in the HOF
    Yes, but more to the Hall as you know then just making tough plays look routine.

4-yessiree-3!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Yes, but more to the Hall as you know then just making tough plays look routine.
    Larkin was pretty HOF at many aspects of baseball. Farmer never going to touch any aspect of what Larkin thrived at.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I’ll take “Things you never thought you’d say in late August” for a thousand.

“Eugenio Suarez has a lower batting average than Luis Castillo (.170 < .171.).”
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

18. Likes:

SomeCallMeTim (08-30-2021)

I’d rather get rid of the wild card game than go to a series.

Second and third place teams should be at a huge disadvantage, or just not be there.

I hate it when wild card teams regularly win titles.

20. Likes:

Big Klu (08-30-2021)

Turn Off Ads?