Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: David Bell is Awful.

Re: David Bell is Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by ucnum1 View Post
    Geno Fatback Suarez is making a run for worst batting average in major league history.Standing at .168 with 150 plus strikeouts has also never been done.Hes a all around turd.
    All true, except maybe the turd part

2. Turn Off Ads?

If it weren't for David Bell, the Reds would be 133-0.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

4. Likes:

Chip R (08-31-2021),cumberlandreds (08-31-2021),gagliano (08-31-2021),Ron Madden (08-31-2021),Roy Tucker (08-31-2021),westofyou (08-30-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    This kinda stuff is sort of why despite the record, I’ve had a hard time staying super excited or invested in this season. Because despite the winning record, it feels like they’re still being handcuffed by either embarrassing levels of frugality or just straight up stupidity by ownership and management. Between dragging their feet on fixing the bullpen sinking the ship, inexplicably continuing to platoon Suarez with Moose back, and now this, it feels like the Reds players have to defeat the front office on top of their actual competition.

I said this a couple weeks ago and I still 100% feel this way. Still haven’t had much interest in watching games lately.

I don’t even think this is Bell’s fault as I mentioned. But a team that is seriously trying to win and go to the World Series does not start Eugenio Suarez at this point. At all. A serious team puts him on the DL and tells him to rehab and strengthen that shoulder and get it ready to try again next year. But, at the risk of going full FCB, a team like the Cardinals would not be starting a guy who is hitting as bad as a pitcher when they have alternatives.

I mean, what’s going to happen if they do make the postseason. It’s pretty obvious at this point that they’d put him on the roster. Can you imagine a team that pretends like it’s actually trying to win a championship starting a corner infielder hitting .170 and OPSing in the 500s in the NLCS? Or World Series even? Because that’s the kind of nonsense the Reds are trying to make happen.

And I’m almost certain it’s because he got a long term contract and so Castellini gives down the edict that he has to play. That’s what really pisses me off the most about it.

6. Likes:

gagliano (08-31-2021),m21eagle45 (09-05-2021),Powder River (08-31-2021),WVKing304 (08-30-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Well for one thing Aquino plays the outfield while those other guys don't.

Idk man, what do you know? Sure, Cabrera over Suarez, I'm cool with that. I think we're likely to see the former more than the latter moving forward. But I think you're missing the forest for the trees. None of them are hitting the last few days. I get that Suarez and Aquino are obviously easy targets because they stink it's not like India, Stephenson, Castellanos, Naquin, or Votto are doing much better at the moment. Farmer was the whipping boy de jour until about 2 hours ago. They aren't losing because Bell isn't using the "win game" cheat code, they're losing because they're all going up there and doing nothing but making outs.
    Suarez is hitting .125 vs lefties and has an .OPS under 500 vs them. Cabrera, while not a savior, has an OPS close to .800 vs lefties. At this point in the season, to be batting Suarez 6th and sitting Cabrera is manager malpractice. There’s no defending it. I mean the guy has a -2.7 WAR. By far the worst in baseball.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

At this point I’d rather see Schrock’s bat over Aquino. Guy swings at so many pitches out of the zone.

To think this team is winning because of David Bell instead of in spite of his bullpen mismanagement & questionable lineup cards every night is ignorant. This is the best Reds hitting team in years. They have the #1 WAR among SP. They play in worst division in baseball. Henry Roengarner could have this team over .500

8. Likes:

Indymoon (08-31-2021),m21eagle45 (09-05-2021),MrRedSkull (08-31-2021),Old school 1983 (08-31-2021),Powder River (08-31-2021),UK Reds Fan (08-31-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by WVKing304 View Post
    Suarez is hitting .125 vs lefties and has an .OPS under 500 vs them. Cabrera, while not a savior, has an OPS close to .800 vs lefties. At this point in the season, to be batting Suarez 6th and sitting Cabrera is manager malpractice. There’s no defending it. I mean the guy has a -2.7 WAR. By far the worst in baseball.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

At this point I’d rather see Schrock’s bat over Aquino. Guy swings at so many pitches out of the zone.

To think this team is winning because of David Bell instead of in spite of his bullpen mismanagement & questionable lineup cards every night is ignorant. This is the best Reds hitting team in years. They have the #1 WAR among SP. They play in worst division in baseball. Henry Roengarner could have this team over .500
    To think that this team would be better than 9 plus at this point because Earl Weaver or the ghost of Casey Stengel was the manager is ridiculous

Quote batters WAR all day long, the idiot in the room isn’t the teams offense, despite the black hole at third. It’s the pitching, an average BP adds 5 wins to this team.

The lineup is important, but a manager in today’s game spreads butter on more bread than that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-31-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by WVKing304 View Post

Good post. Shrock and Asdrubal are preferable over Geno and Aquino. When I saw Suarez and AA in the lineup tonight, I felt a little bit down, probably like the rest of the team did. I think those two black holes suck everyone else down into the dark, hitless abyss. The Reds need to get this offense churning. Hopefully, we will see Cabrera and Shrock in game two.
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 08-31-2021 at 12:16 AM.

12. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-31-2021),WVKing304 (08-31-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    When I saw Suarez and AA in the lineup tonight, I felt a little bit down, probably like the rest of the team did. I think those two black holes suck everyone else down into the dark, hitless abyss.
    yeah sure ok
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

14. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-31-2021)

yeah sure ok
    I’m sure there was a community hair shirt ceremony too

16. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-31-2021)

Suarez has had as many chances w/ runners on base than any hitter in baseball. The Reds have the #1 OPS in the NL, they’re number 3 in HRs, 2nd in average, and they lead the NL in hits. This is a very talented team. Wade Miley was the #4 starter coming into the year. He’s pitched like an ace. Reds pitchers are #2 in the NL in quality starts.

Reds fans are so satisfied w/ mediocrity the last 25 years, most are happy w/ .500 baseball. That’s what Bell provides. He’s 177-178 as a manager. 0 playoff wins. Reds had the best rotation in baseball last year & the Cy Young. They have a top 5 pitching staff & top 5 offense this year. The cupboard is not bare...

At some point you’ve gotta be held accountable. Suarez is the worst hitter in all of baseball.... by 30 points. He’s 2nd in the NL in K’s (Baez). 2nd worst in all of baseball in OBP. It’s time to stop sugar coating it and giving Bell a free pass. He’s a dark hole in the lineup, especially when you bat him 6th with India, Winker, Nick, Votto, Stephenson all getting on base at a near .400 clip in front of him.

It’s hard to tell when the Reds will have a more complete roster than this. It’s put up or shut up time for David Bell...

18. Likes:

gagliano (08-31-2021),m21eagle45 (09-05-2021),malcontent (08-31-2021),MrRedSkull (08-31-2021),Powder River (08-31-2021)

yeah sure ok
    I don't think we should be so quick to dismiss something like that. It's human nature in competition of really any sort, to be aware of the weak links on your team, to feel more energized when certain components of your team are being called upon. It HAS to be draining to know that the offense has to come from YOU because three of the nine batters in the lineup are virtually automatic outs.

20. Likes:

gagliano (08-31-2021),onehand (08-31-2021),Powder River (08-31-2021),WVKing304 (08-31-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Out of the all contenders right now, there's only one franchise that would be running Eugenio Suarez out there on a regular basis.
    The dodgers are running Bellinger out there more times than not so yeah this isn’t true
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

22. Likes:

Big Klu (08-31-2021),CaiGuy (08-31-2021),Ron Madden (08-31-2021)

awfully great, am i right?

This has been such a weird season and team. Can't believe they're 29 games away from maybe making the playoffs.

24. Likes:

Chip R (08-31-2021),cumberlandreds (08-31-2021),Ron Madden (08-31-2021),westofyou (08-31-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    The dodgers are running Bellinger out there more times than not so yeah this isn’t true
    Jackie Bradley Jr and Elvis Andrus say hi too

26. Likes:

Big Klu (08-31-2021),Ron Madden (08-31-2021)

Stick a fork in em, they can't bottom feed the rest of the way.
    Pitching is gross, cards are better I see them scrapping with padres for the last spot.
    Reds would get punched in the mouth in the wildcard anyways.
    On to football.

28. Likes:

gagliano (08-31-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by albwan View Post
    Stick a fork in em, they can't bottom feed the rest of the way.
    Pitching is gross, cards are better I see them scrapping with padres for the last spot.
    Reds would get punched in the mouth in the wildcard anyways.
    On to football.
    Thanks for stopping by, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

30. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-01-2021),Chip R (08-31-2021),Indymoon (08-31-2021),KeefeCato (08-31-2021),Mitri (08-31-2021),Ron Madden (08-31-2021)

Turn Off Ads?