Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 349

Thread: David Bell is Awful.

  1. #61
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    51,501

    Re: David Bell is Awful.

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Or because everyone throws 100 out of the pen now instead of having David Weathers throwing 89
    Geno also has always struck out, he has 4 of the highest K years in Reds history, he strikes out more than Dunn add that fact to an all time low in BABIP and it's a disaster

    Worst BABIP in MLB 200 PAs or more

    Code:
    Player	BAbip
    Jarred Kelenic	.189
    Eugenio Suarez	.189
    Cody Bellinger	.203
    Yasmani Grandal	.204
    Meanwhile Tucker Barnhart is having perhaps his best hitting season and his BABIP is .354
    Last edited by westofyou; 08-31-2021 at 07:19 PM.


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    8,807

    Re: David Bell is Awful.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    I am not talking about Suarez, I am talking about Castellanos, Votto, et al...the assertation was made that they are not hitting well this week because they don't like seeing Suarez and Aquino in the lineup and are therefore too discouraged to hit well.
    Source?

  4. #63
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    51,501

    Re: David Bell is Awful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Source?
    There is none, the assumption is that that’s going on because someone once played baseball and they felt that way.

    https://youtu.be/KEP1acj29-Y

  5. #64
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    33,639

    Re: David Bell is Awful.

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Geno also has always struck out, he has 4 of the highest K years in Reds history, he strikes out more than Dunn add that fact to an all time low in BABIP and it's a disaster

    Worst BABIP in MLB 200 PAs or more

    Code:
    Player	BAbip
    Jarred Kelenic	.189
    Eugenio Suarez	.189
    Cody Bellinger	.203
    Yasmani Grandal	.204
    Meanwhile Tucker Barnhart is having perhaps his best hitting season and his BABIP is .354
    Kind of flown under the radar how bad he's bad when he was supposed to be the next big thing, they should call him Jarred Kolonic because he stinks!!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

  6. Likes:

    westofyou (08-31-2021)

  7. #65
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16,563

    Re: David Bell is Awful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Kind of flown under the radar how bad he's bad when he was supposed to be the next big thing, they should call him Jarred Kolonic because he stinks!!
    Yasmani is a freak.

    But the other 3 are arguably the biggest disappointments in the league this year.

    So is it the chicken or the egg when it comes to BABIP and a player’s poor production?

  8. Likes:

    Tom Servo (08-31-2021)

  9. #66
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    33,639

    Re: David Bell is Awful.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Yasmani is a freak.

    But the other 3 are arguably the biggest disappointments in the league this year.

    So is it the chicken or the egg when it comes to BABIP and a player’s poor production?
    Yeah I think BABIP is largely irrelevant when it comes to those specific guys. I honestly haven't seen enough of Bellinger to diagnose the issue but Kelenic is simple overmatched and Suarez has basically taken the Todd Frazier profile (weak contact/high strikeout/HR or bust) to it's highest extreme.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

  10. #67
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    51,501

    Re: David Bell is Awful.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Yasmani is a freak.

    But the other 3 are arguably the biggest disappointments in the league this year.

    So is it the chicken or the egg when it comes to BABIP and a player’s poor production?
    It’s a combo I think, Bellinger and Suarez are off shoulder injuries which means they might only be comfy approaching an AB one way and thus failing in every other one

  11. Likes:

    Tom Servo (08-31-2021)

  12. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    109

    Re: David Bell is Awful.

    Quote Originally Posted by gagliano View Post
    Any chance geno might man up and quit for the season...for the good of everyone?
    If I was him? Nope. He's having way too much fun. Get'tem next time!

  13. #69
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    61,754

    Re: David Bell is Awful.

    Quote Originally Posted by gagliano View Post
    Any chance geno might man up and quit for the season...for the good of everyone?
    How is quitting manning up?

    Him still playing is all on the Reds.
    Go Gators!

  14. #70
    Pitter Patter TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Letterkenny
    Posts
    20,196

    Re: David Bell is Awful.

    This is just my opinion on Geno.

    He's trying to homer his way out of a slump. He just needs to barrel. That's it. Nothing more. Just hit the ball hard. He needs a swing makeover, and a bit better understanding of how to recognize what he can't do.

    Now my opinion on Bell. He got his team in the playoffs last year under trying circumstances, lost a brother this year and has his team in the playoff hunt. despite the FO giving him, at best, a bad bullpen. It's a little better now, in theory, but it is also a sample size mirage to a certain extent.

    And he's had some bad luck too.

    Bell is not the problem. Winker being out is a problem. Mahle having trouble getting through 5 is a problem. Geno/Moose is a problem. No real CF is a problem.

    And yet despite those problems, the Reds are in the playoff hunt.

    pfft.
    Mock a mocketty mockmock.

    mock

  15. Likes:

    Cursh14 (09-08-2021),CySeymour (09-01-2021),Old school 1983 (09-01-2021)

  16. #71
    Member SomeCallMeTim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    615

    Re: David Bell is Awful.

    Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    How is quitting manning up?

    Him still playing is all on the Reds.
    It is mostly on the Reds to let this debacle continue as long as it has.

    However, Lou Gehrig did have the decency to “quit” and get help when he realized something was wrong and he was hurting the team.

  17. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    CHATTANOOGA, TN USA
    Posts
    365

    Re: David Bell is Awful.

    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    This is just my opinion on Geno.

    He's trying to homer his way out of a slump. He just needs to barrel. That's it. Nothing more. Just hit the ball hard. He needs a swing makeover, and a bit better understanding of how to recognize what he can't do.

    Now my opinion on Bell. He got his team in the playoffs last year under trying circumstances, lost a brother this year and has his team in the playoff hunt. despite the FO giving him, at best, a bad bullpen. It's a little better now, in theory, but it is also a sample size mirage to a certain extent.

    And he's had some bad luck too.

    Bell is not the problem. Winker being out is a problem. Mahle having trouble getting through 5 is a problem. Geno/Moose is a problem. No real CF is a problem.

    And yet despite those problems, the Reds are in the playoff hunt.

    pfft.
    Very solid breakdown.

    - I'd add Bell's usage of bullpen was a problem before the last few weeks. Using Doolittle, Hembree when you had Lorenzen, Givins, etc...he blew a few games IMO. Also, pulling starters and/or good bullpen pithing to early has also been a part of the "TinkerBell" label. Why Lorenzen had to come out after pitching 1 inning of 29 pitches instead of letting him go 2 innings, Why pull Castillo after 6 innings when he's under 100 pitches and not laboring, etc...he's done this stuff even going back to last year. Bell is very much a pitchers pitch no more than 6 innings, bullpen pitches no more than 1 inning, etc.. kind of guy.

  18. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    53

    Re: David Bell is Awful.

    The way he’s managed this current game is just another example...


  19. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (09-01-2021)

  20. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    4,588

    Re: David Bell is Awful.

    He definitely should have instructed Miley not to pitch like hot garbage today.

  21. Likes:

    Chip R (09-02-2021),Cursh14 (09-08-2021),GullyFoyle (09-01-2021),TRF (09-02-2021),westofyou (09-01-2021)

  22. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    30,924

    Re: David Bell is Awful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    He definitely should have instructed Miley not to pitch like hot garbage today.
    If Miley was hot garbage why was he left in so long?
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-01-2021 at 03:39 PM.

  23. Likes:

    WVKing304 (09-01-2021)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator