Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-1-21 Reds vs Cardinals Game 2

9-1-21 Reds vs Cardinals Game 2

I am just amazed at this lineup. Suarez is batting .125 with a .229 OBP against lefties. Not only should he not be playing but batting 5th

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 9-1-21 Reds vs Cardinals Game 2

Nayquin has a .580 OPS vs LH's, Shogo can't hit LH's who should start?

4. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I thought for sure Cabrera would start game 2.
    I though that 100% he would be in there. Not sure why they even added him if he can't draw a start vs. a LHP.

6. Likes:

NebraskaRed (09-01-2021)

Old friend JVM just hit a 2 run bomb to make it 4-0 over the Padres.

8. Likes:

Red Raindog (09-01-2021),REDREAD (09-01-2021),Ron Madden (09-01-2021),Tom Servo (09-01-2021)

Stupid David Bell!!

10. Likes:

NebraskaRed (09-01-2021),Ron Madden (09-01-2021),Tom Servo (09-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Sorry running a bit behind today
    I almost posted the other days lineup. But didn't wanna be bad mojo.

12. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-01-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Is he secretly hiding some great players on the bench though? Like this is just what the roster is.
    I can get Aquino being in there out of sheer necessity given they don’t really have any other options. But Cabrera has a .791 OPS against lefties, he’s practically Babe Ruth in comparison to Geno. It’s extremely frustrating to watch given the position they’re in right now and how they’ve been playing, where basically every run matters and they need to claw their way to every win they can get. There’s not really any good excuse to keep running him out there anymore.

14. Likes:

KeefeCato (09-01-2021),REDREAD (09-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Sorry running a bit behind today
    lol you're totally fine I just figured if I jumped the line maybe it could bring good luck
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

16. Likes:

KeefeCato (09-01-2021),Ron Madden (09-01-2021)

Padres are not going to the playoffs. I just don't see it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I can get Aquino being in there out of sheer necessity given they don’t really have any other options. But Cabrera has a .791 OPS against lefties, he’s practically Babe Ruth in comparison to Geno. It’s extremely frustrating to watch given the position they’re in right now and how they’ve been playing, where basically every run matters and they need to claw their way to every win they can get. There’s not really any good excuse to keep running him out there anymore.
    Cabrera should be playing, like I said I can only guess that Suarez starts against LH is a demand that comes from the top. Because why they would allow it to continue otherwise doesn't make any sense to me.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

19. Likes:

NebraskaRed (09-01-2021),Wonderful Monds (09-01-2021)

Also as bad as the roster is currently playing, they really need to get creative. Barrero really should be up here starting at SS with Farmer in LF or something against LHP. As soon as his 10 days are up, I’d like to see that. They desperately need any shot in the arm they can get.

21. Likes:

REDREAD (09-01-2021)

What is with the fascination with starting Aquino and Suarez at the same time? Let alone giving either of them a start at all.
    It's almost as if he's pulling a Calipari. Put guys in who are not contributing just to drive home a point with the fans. I don't think I'm far off. No logical manager I can think of would make out a lineup like that. Why? He better not pull the "it's a double header". These guys are DIGGING A HOLE, there isn't the time for making sure everybody gets to play like it's a little league game or something. It has to be the best players in the lineup, every game, and you ride those guys until they drop.

Cabrera should be playing, like I said I can only guess that Suarez starts against LH is a demand that comes from the top. Because why they would allow it to continue otherwise doesn't make any sense to me.
    Playing Geno so much tells me that if they do decide to unload one of Geno or Moose in the offseason. It will 100% be Moose who goes. Unless someone offers some crazy deal for Geno.

I agree with that, I can’t really comprehend it otherwise. It’s just hard to not be frustrated and vent with how bad they’ve played under the spotlight lately, and it feels like the required level of urgency to slam the brakes on the skid isn’t there. That really probably isn’t Bell’s fault, but man I just want it stop either way no matter who’s responsible lmao

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Name:  C16DB726-E55E-46EF-958F-5F723400F2BD.jpeg
Views: 222
Size:  88.6 KB
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

26. Likes:

RichRed (09-01-2021)

Turn Off Ads?