Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-1-21 Reds vs Cardinals Game 2

Re: 9-1-21 Reds vs Cardinals Game 2

Maybe the media should start asking the tough questions, and we can then know where these lineup decisions are coming from instead of "wanting it to stop". I don't know, I tend to look for obvious solutions.

2. Likes:

Rantly (09-01-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Cabrera should be playing, like I said I can only guess that Suarez starts against LH is a demand that comes from the top. Because why they would allow it to continue otherwise doesn't make any sense to me.
    It's baffling to me because the front office that would be dictating that Suarez be in there is the same front office that signed Cabrera, ostensibly for games like this. I've stayed out of the lineup stuff pretty much all year, but my head hurts from all the scratching now.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I am sure Cabrera is happy to be on a team that is still in the playoff race. But at the same time he has to be scratching his head at lack of starts with all the LHP they been facing this past week.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Bell gets a good share of the blame for this recent string of losses with these awful lineups he keeps running out there. He has arguably had them overachieving much of the year to his credit, but the buck also stops at him now that they’re s***ing their pants when it matters most. Of course he’s not in the box flailing away himself, but he is putting guys like Suarez out there every other night when he has the power to not do so. I don’t even know why Asdrubal Cabrera is on the roster.

It’s beyond ridiculous at this point. It’s a borderline fireable offense IMO.
    Couldn't agree more. Just flabbergasted and bumfuzzled...

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    It's baffling to me because the front office that would be dictating that Suarez be in there is the same front office that signed Cabrera, ostensibly for games like this. I've stayed out of the lineup stuff pretty much all year, but my head hurts from all the scratching now.
    Because it’s probably not Krall, it’s probably Castellini doing his idiot huckster act deciding the lineup based on who is the most fan favorite (and therefore more likely to sell tickets in his eyes), or getting their money’s worth for his contract, or something equally asinine and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I thought for sure Cabrera would start game 2.
    I don't understand why they even signed him if they don't even want to use him.At this point could he me any worse than some of the guys ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    Maybe the media should start asking the tough questions, and we can then know where these lineup decisions are coming from instead of "wanting it to stop". I don't know, I tend to look for obvious solutions.
    Media isn't going to ask tough questions for fear of being locked out. They have cushy jobs and are not going to rock the boat.

10. Likes:

Rantly (09-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    I am sure Cabrera is happy to be on a team that is still in the playoff race. But at the same time he has to be scratching his head at lack of starts with all the LHP they been facing this past week.
    I just don't get it . I thought for sure they brought him over here to hit regularly against lefties. Guess not...

12. Likes:

KeefeCato (09-01-2021)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

SD is losing 6-0 to Arizona. So that’s good.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I agree with that, I can’t really comprehend it otherwise. It’s just hard to not be frustrated and vent with how bad they’ve played under the spotlight lately, and it feels like the required level of urgency to slam the brakes on the skid isn’t there. That really probably isn’t Bell’s fault, but man I just want it stop either way no matter who’s responsible lmao
    That probably is the case. If it is. I wish the GM would grow a backbone and tell the owner to let us make the baseball decisions or get a new GM. If I were a GM, I would want to make my own decisions good or bad.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (09-01-2021)

I can't understand why Bell doesn't hit Farmer second and Stephenson 5th to give Votto some protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Just flabbergasted and bumfuzzled...
    If the Reds don't get into the playoffs, I see Bell fired at season end. Yes, he's gotten some of these guys to over-achieve, and was able to massage Votto into a brief resurgence, but putting some of these guys in day in and day out, to the detriment of the club's success, is a fireable offense.

18. Likes:

Ky Fried Redleg (09-01-2021)

Also as bad as the roster is currently playing, they really need to get creative. Barrero really should be up here starting at SS with Farmer in LF or something against LHP. As soon as his 10 days are up, I’d like to see that. They desperately need any shot in the arm they can get.
    Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr

Jose Barrero wasn't eligible to be called up yet. Players who are optioned to the minors must spend 10 days off the big-league roster unless replacing an injured player (or some exceptions like a player on the paternity list).

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    I can't understand why Bell doesn't hit Farmer second and Stephenson 5th to give Votto some protection.

Thats a good point, and one that Im sure has eluded our glorious leader

Cabrera in his last 65 PA's - .206/.206/.309/.515 - No walks, no power.

There is a chance he's done or hurt.

22. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-01-2021)

Turn Off Ads?