Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-1-21 Reds vs Cardinals Game 2

Re: 9-1-21 Reds vs Cardinals Game 2

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    It's almost as if he's pulling a Calipari. Put guys in who are not contributing just to drive home a point with the fans. I don't think I'm far off. No logical manager I can think of would make out a lineup like that. Why? He better not pull the "it's a double header". These guys are DIGGING A HOLE, there isn't the time for making sure everybody gets to play like it's a little league game or something. It has to be the best players in the lineup, every game, and you ride those guys until they drop.
    OLDFashioned, I need to apologize to you. I got you mixed up with KY reds fan. The other day. When I talked about hating Moose. He took it all in stride. But the comment was meant for him not you. So I am Sorry for that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If most of RZ can clearly see that the Reds' two sub Mendoza Latin black holes shouldn't be playing, why can't astute basball minds like Bell and Krall?

Votto is 10 out of his last 51 AB's, .196 BAVG.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cabrera in his last 65 PA's - .206/.206/.309/.515 - No walks, no power.

There is a chance he's done or hurt.
    I’d rather see him gets starts over Suarez but yeah the way it’s being spoken of here you’d think the guy was Winker or something. It’s not the scandal of the century.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    I can't understand why Bell doesn't hit Farmer second and Stephenson 5th to give Votto some protection.
    Because he wants someone on base for Votto instead of someone who doesn't walk and hit into a lot of DP's?

the real question is why is he batting above the #7 spot.

Very possible, but the Reds thought he was worth getting for some reason, right? But they certainly aren't trying to use him very much, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    Votto is 10 out of his last 51 AB's, .196 BAVG.
    Had to figure he would crash a little after his torrid streak, But I never thought it was be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    OLDFashioned, I need to apologize to you. I got you mixed up with KY reds fan. The other day. When I talked about hating Moose. He took it all in stride. But the comment was meant for him not you. So I am Sorry for that.
    Lot of the new guys/girls are running together in my mind, probably because it’s mostly the same stuff. Bell is an idiot, Aquino poisoned our crops and destroyed the offense, etc etc.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

10. Likes:

KeefeCato (09-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Very possible, but the Reds thought he was worth getting for some reason, right? But they certainly aren't trying to use him very much, so far.
    And without looking I imagine those horrible numbers are still better than Aquino or Suarez in that stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    If most of RZ can clearly see that the Reds' two sub Mendoza Latin black holes shouldn't be playing, why can't astute basball minds like Bell and Krall?
    Redzone's Hive Mind isn't exactly anything but a bunch of fans who don't work in baseball or for the Reds, there is probably a lot of information we don't have that they do. I wouldn't lean on that as a source of great knowledge as much as source that knows where the volume knob is.

13. Likes:

KeefeCato (09-01-2021),Tom Servo (09-01-2021)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I hadn’t watched him this year but his stats looked pretty good and he’s been a quality player for a while, but he looks terrible in this admittedly short audition he’s had.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

15. Likes:

KeefeCato (09-01-2021)

Had to figure he would crash a little after his torrid streak, But I never thought it was be that bad.
    His BABIP is .178 and he's walked 8 times, looks like he is seeing very little to hit as well.

17. Likes:

KeefeCato (09-01-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I hadn’t watched him this year but his stats looked pretty good and he’s been a quality player for a while, but he looks terrible in this admittedly short audition he’s had.
    At one time and I am probably wrong but it doesn't seem that long ago. He used to actually steal bases. I am not sure he could outrun Votto now.

LOL , I knew when I read it that was the case. Btw, I never get offended at anything anyone says on here. I respect your opinion. You know your baseball. I'm still rooting hard for Moose to get hot. Right now, I just want any of the guys to get hot. It's getting to be kinda dicey.

20. Likes:

KeefeCato (09-01-2021)

It's all good. Now I can read your posts again. Seriously, it's okay.

I guess Servo thinks I'm boring, there's only so many ways you can describe the pain we're going though as Reds fans, before you hit the fork of either saying something similar or going silent. When I watch the Reds I'm jumping out of my chair and pumping my fists in the air, and when things have gone awry I'm venting on here and justifying my opinions with stats occasionally. I'm a much better auditor than cheerleader.

Servo motors are boring, too.

22. Likes:

KeefeCato (09-01-2021)

Turn Off Ads?