Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds Fans but NOT Bengals Fans

Re: Reds Fans but NOT Bengals Fans

I was a big Cowboys fan for many years dating back to the first Super Bowl they won. But in the last 15 years or so I lost interest. I hate Jerry Jones. The typical meddling owner who I don't think will ever win another championship. Also I grew to dislike how the NFL is played now. Which is mainly a passing league. Also I don't like how they have approved of all the celebration dances. I still do watch some on Sundays. But don't make it a priority like I used to. When I do watch its from the Redszone channel which has no commercials. I think with all the commercials that are now inserted in a regular broadcast made the game incredibly boring to watch.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

I grew up a Reds and Bengals fan.....but transitioned to a Bucs fan when I moved to Florida. The Bucs were still a losing team, but they were improving....Sam Wyche was the coach which made it an easy change. I could never change my teams again....too emotionally invested in the Reds, Bucs, and Lakers.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Name:  C36QoDdWcAAhq_W.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  290.7 KB
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

5. Likes:

dubc47834 (09-06-2021),goreds2 (09-05-2021),KronoRed (09-04-2021),redhawkfish (09-04-2021),RiverfrontRed (09-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I was a big Cowboys fan for many years dating back to the first Super Bowl they won. But in the last 15 years or so I lost interest. I hate Jerry Jones. The typical meddling owner who I don't think will ever win another championship. Also I grew to dislike how the NFL is played now. Which is mainly a passing league. Also I don't like how they have approved of all the celebration dances. I still do watch some on Sundays. But don't make it a priority like I used to. When I do watch its from the Redszone channel which has no commercials. I think with all the commercials that are now inserted in a regular broadcast made the game incredibly boring to watch.
    I can count on one hand the number of live sporting events I watch each year. No commercials for me. That's why I have mlb.tv. I skip past the commercials and FF between pitches.

Life long Brown's fan since 1965. Leroy Kelly number 44. Bengals didn't exist. But I've also followed the Bengals since they came into the NFL, and root for them.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

8. Likes:

RedsBaron (09-06-2021),Roy Tucker (09-05-2021)

I too live in the Huntington, WV area. I've been a Reds fan since 1966, when I was not quite 11 years old. However, when I started following NFL football, there was not yet a NFL team in Cincinnati, and back then we could only get the local NBC affiliate, WSAZ-TV 3, which showed AFL games, which in effect meant I would root for an AFL team. While my dad rooted for the Kansas City Chiefs, who went to (and lost) Super Bowl I, I became a fan of the silver & black, the Oakland Raiders.
    I also rooted for the Bengals when they were created, and I was cheering hard for them in their two Super Bowls, but truth be told, when the Bengals played the Raiders, I rooted for the Raiders. Of course, having those two teams as my favorites, it was easy to find a NFL team to root against: the Steelers.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

10. Likes:

GAC (09-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    How many of you are Reds fans but not Bengals fans? I grew up in Huntington WV and was a kid during the Big Red Machine and the Steel Curtain. Both were in our TV market and the choices were easy for me. I'm diehard for both. Who else on this board follows an NFL team outside of Cincinnati?
    Yep, same here concerning the TV as I became a Reds and Steelers fan in lower central Ohio. The 76ers were also on CBS a lot in those days (1970’s) in which I became a fan of the team and Dr. J.

I have stuck will all the teams through thick and thin.
    Last edited by goreds2; 09-05-2021 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Added comment
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

12. Likes:

SteelSD (09-05-2021)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Born in Indiana, raised a Reds fan, can't stand the Bengals!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Go Cowboys!!

Turn Off Ads?