Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: 9-8-21 Reds @ Cubs 7-40pm

Re: 9-8-21 Reds @ Cubs 7-40pm

Another just awful series for the Reds...that's 5 straight series losses. They really are extremely lucky to be just 1 back in the WC race. They really should be well out of the WC by the way they have limped into the race.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Another just awful series for the Reds...that's 5 straight series losses. They really are extremely lucky to be just 1 back in the WC race. They really should be well out of the WC by the way they have limped into the race.
    Yep, and while they're only 1 game out they (and the Padres) have turned the 2nd WC spot from a 2 team to a 4 team race.

4. Likes:

REDREAD (09-09-2021)

I may be alone here. But I thought it was the right move pulling Vlad. He was gased. Again 60 games last year no minor leagues at all. How many innings did Vlad pitch last year? Less than 10 with the Reds? I know it wasn't many.
    As of last week. Since the all star break. The Reds led MLB in starting pitchers pitching 6 innings or more. They may still lead. Not sure. But for anyone thinking Bell is pulling the starters too early. The Reds as recently as a week ago led MLB 6 innings or more from starting pitchers since the all star break.
    Welcome to 2021 baseball. Loss last night was on the offence and Bell for using Brach. But he had limited options. Bullpen is better but still not deep enough.
    India is wearing down. Farmer is wearing down/ regression to his career norms. Castellanos seems to be wearing down.
    It is hard to rest Votto right now with this recent slide.
    Blame Bell or Votto or both. Everyone wants to see Stephenson play more. I have said for a while now that Votto should have been rested once a week all season with Stephenson playing 1b.
    Preferably when a LHP started. But then you still have Tucker starting against a LHP.
    Team in the offseason needs to trade on of Mahle,Gray or Castillo. Sign a veteran to fill the 5th starter spot till they deem Lodolo or Greene ready.
    They need to sign/trade for multiple relievers.
    They need a couple RH hitting OFers to platoon with Winker and Naquin. Then get a starting CFer. And a 1b rh hitting platoon partner for Votto.
    1. Improve relief
    2. Get a CFer
    3. Get multiple RH hitting platoon bats who have a history of .800 or more ops vs LHP.
    This team has some exciting parts for the future.
    India, Stephenson, Lodolo, Greene.
    They don't have to break the bank in the offseason to fill the holes on this team.
    I know most will say Winker doesn't need to be platoon. But his career numbers say otherwise.
    Long winded post. But I have had a blast following this years team warts and all.
    I look forward to the future as well. Hope my health allows me to see many more seasons.

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-10-2021),REDREAD (09-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    I may be alone here. But I thought it was the right move pulling Vlad. He was gased. Again 60 games last year no minor leagues at all. How many innings did Vlad pitch last year? Less than 10 with the Reds? I know it wasn't many.
    Zero innings last year. I'm sure he pitched some simulated games/scrimmages at the alternate site last year, but no official innings.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    As of last week. Since the all star break. The Reds led MLB in starting pitchers pitching 6 innings or more. They may still lead. Not sure. But for anyone thinking Bell is pulling the starters too early. The Reds as recently as a week ago led MLB 6 innings or more from starting pitchers since the all star break.
    Welcome to 2021 baseball. Loss last night was on the offence and Bell for using Brach. But he had limited options. Bullpen is better but still not deep enough.
    India is wearing down. Farmer is wearing down/ regression to his career norms. Castellanos seems to be wearing down.
    It is hard to rest Votto right now with this recent slide.
    Blame Bell or Votto or both. Everyone wants to see Stephenson play more. I have said for a while now that Votto should have been rested once a week all season with Stephenson playing 1b.
    Preferably when a LHP started. But then you still have Tucker starting against a LHP.
    Team in the offseason needs to trade on of Mahle,Gray or Castillo. Sign a veteran to fill the 5th starter spot till they deem Lodolo or Greene ready.
    They need to sign/trade for multiple relievers.
    They need a couple RH hitting OFers to platoon with Winker and Naquin. Then get a starting CFer. And a 1b rh hitting platoon partner for Votto.
    1. Improve relief
    2. Get a CFer
    3. Get multiple RH hitting platoon bats who have a history of .800 or more ops vs LHP.
    This team has some exciting parts for the future.
    India, Stephenson, Lodolo, Greene.
    They don't have to break the bank in the offseason to fill the holes on this team.
    I know most will say Winker doesn't need to be platoon. But his career numbers say otherwise.
    Long winded post. But I have had a blast following this years team warts and all.
    I look forward to the future as well. Hope my health allows me to see many more seasons.

That's the most important thing of all. Here's hoping that you get many, many more seasons to follow.

9. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-09-2021),cumberlandreds (09-10-2021),KeefeCato (09-10-2021),Roy Tucker (09-09-2021)

Turn Off Ads?