Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eugenio Suarez - WT bloody....?

Re: Eugenio Suarez - WT bloody....?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Long term questions abound but short term, they're in a pennant race. They cannot afford to put him in the lineup. Anybody this side of Mike Freeman is a better choice
    His splits from the last 7 days and 14 days say otherwise.

Overall, Moustakas definitely isn't a better choice. Maybe an equal choice if you are looking at splits from 2020 and 2021.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The corpse is stirring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    The corpse is stirring.
    He has been stirring for most of September. It just unfortunate when he woke up, everyone else went to sleep.

We will have to see what he is next year. I know Bellinger has made Suarez look like Babe Ruth and is also coming off shoulder surgery so its possible its one of those things that takes a while to come back from.

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-27-2021)

That’s my hope too. Off-season of rest then further strength training, coming off a bit of momentum is a good start. It’s hard to be terribly optimistic though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

7. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-27-2021),Tom Servo (09-27-2021)

I truly believe Geno can come back next season as good as ever

9. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-27-2021),CaiGuy (09-27-2021),combray (09-27-2021),cumberlandreds (09-27-2021)

I would definitely NOT give up on or trade Suarez now.

I think he’ll be considerably better next year than he was this year. Whether he can return to his 2018/19 form remains to be seen, but I wouldn’t sell low on him.
    Go BLUE!!!

11. Likes:

CaiGuy (09-27-2021),Ron Madden (09-27-2021),wlf WV (09-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I would definitely NOT give up on or trade Suarez now.

I think he’ll be considerably better next year than he was this year. Whether he can return to his 2018/19 form remains to be seen, but I wouldn’t sell low on him.

I have more faith in Suarez than Moustakas because he has produced more. Moose has just 35 singles and 35 xtra base hits since becoming a Red. I hope what we have seen from Gene Suarez in September is what we get for most of '22. Also hoping Moose comes to camp in better shape and is hungry to prove he still has something left.

Bengals fans know this type of performance as the “dead-cat bounce.”

I hope it’s a positive sign for the future, but I’m not overly optimistic that it means much

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    I have more faith in Suarez than Moustakas because he has produced more. Moose has just 35 singles and 35 xtra base hits since becoming a Red. I hope what we have seen from Gene Suarez in September is what we get for most of '22. Also hoping Moose comes to camp in better shape and is hungry to prove he still has something left.
    When one uses counting stats against Moose, such as x number of hits - it’s relevant that he only played in 106 games in that two-season period. Some of them apparently injured. Last year being about two months long.

Using percentages, a better test, he certainly had a poor OPS,.653, this year but it was .799 last season.

I too hope he is healthier and in good shape next season so he can play as well as he usually does.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-27-2021 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    We should not trade Suarez, he's more valuable than Moose and Aquino combined.

I can see one of them getting swapped for another bad contract, stranger things have happened.

I will note that the last two seasons for Suarez represent 19.6 of his career as far as PA's, he strikes out at a prodigious rate, he's kinda like the Latin Mark Reynolds.

Moose has a worse contract, is older too. But his last two years only represents 7% of his career PA's, he's LH and the GAB loves LH's.

17. Likes:

M2 (09-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I can see one of them getting swapped for another bad contract, stranger things have happened.
    I've been hunting around for a challenge trade that might make sense. Haven't found a lot of great options out there, but allow me to say a name and then duck for cover: Jason Heyward.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Suarez will have a bounce back year in 2022. Plus he's a great clubhouse guy.

did moose ever have a 49-HR season? or even close? suarez is by far better than chunky moose.

[moose did have 38 bombs in 2017, but the point remains]

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    did moose ever have a 49-HR season? or even close? suarez is by far better than chunky moose.

[moose did have 38 bombs in 2017, but the point remains]
    Moose never played in a bandbox. So the point doesn’t remain.

Moose finished over 100 OPS+ Every year from 2015-2020.

Moose never hit below the Mendoza line. And Moose never led his league in strikeouts.

22. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (09-27-2021)

Turn Off Ads?