Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: 9-10-21 Reds @ Cardinals 8:15pm

Re: 9-10-21 Reds @ Cardinals 8:15pm

I thought Yadi's curtain call was cringe-worthy and made him seem a lot like a rock star who thinks he is more loved than he actually is. It was the 4th inning and the crowd wasn't exactly going ape****.

2. Likes:

NebraskaRed (09-11-2021),Ron Madden (09-11-2021),Tom Servo (09-11-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Hopefully he is kept after Farmer returns. He brings something to the team. If they stick with Farmer. Barrero can still pinch hit, Pinch run. Double switch etc. Brach brings nothing. He did earlier this season when the pen was pretty much Brach and Hembree. But Brach is no longer needed.
    To me, Barrero (if he can find his place on offense/fielding in the show) would be a no-doubter in this lineup. He seems to be one of those all-around great athletes… potentially Tatis Jr, Trea Turner-esque, as we saw with the RBI double in the gap and the slide/speed on the play at home plate late in tonight’s game. Going forward, if he can find a way to make the most of the chances he gets right now, he could the missing piece to this club. Whether it’s this year or years to come.

5. Likes:

Mitri (09-11-2021),wlf WV (09-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Regulus View Post
    Reds are 10-7 against these bastards. It seems like an eternity since the Reds claimed the season series.
    Hoping it's seven stright at Busch after Sunday.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Of all the teams fighting for the second wild card, we have the best starting pitching.

At this time of the year, that’s everything.

We get our hitting at at all on track, we won’t be beaten.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-11-2021),M2 (09-11-2021),Ron Madden (09-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Congratulations to Joey Votto, who has passed legendary Hall of Famer Frank Robinson for second place on the Reds all-time home run list!

#notelite #happybirthday

Updated Reds HR list (players in italics are active):

Reds 100-Home Run Club
    1. Johnny Bench - 389
    2. Joey Votto - 325
    3. Frank Robinson - 324
    4. Tony Pérez - 287
    5. Adam Dunn - 270
    6. Ted Kluszewski - 251
    7. George Foster - 244
    8. Jay Bruce - 233
    9. Ken Griffey, Jr. - 210
    10. Eric Davis - 203
    11. Barry Larkin - 198
    12. Brandon Phillips - 191
    13. Vada Pinson - 186
    14. Eugenio Suárez - 184
    15. Wally Post - 172
    16. Gus Bell - 160
    17. Joe Morgan - 152
    17. Pete Rose - 152
    19. Lee May - 147
    20. Dan Driessen - 133
    21. Reggie Sanders - 125
    22. Ernie Lombardi - 120
    23. Sean Casey - 118
    24. Frank McCormick - 110
    25. Todd Frazier - 108
    26. Dave Parker - 107
    27. Chris Sabo - 104
    28. Dave Concepción - 101
    C. Trent Rosecrans
    @ctrent
    All these Reds all-time lists for Joey Votto just remind you how damn good Frank Robinson was. Dude's numbers are unreal. All of his Reds numbers are in 10 years

10. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-11-2021),RedsfaninMT (09-11-2021),UKFlounder (09-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by coryfly View Post
    Mahle just won't ever change so guess there is no reason to hope he does. Just going to be a dude with average control who throws a thousand pitches an inning and taxes your bullpen most times out.
    Please look up what you post,
    You look like an idiot. Mahle has 4 less innings than anyone else. The league average for
    Innings per game is less than Mahle. Mahle gives the Reds a chance to win almost every game infact the BP has blown a league leading #
    Of games Mahle has handed over a lead.

I guess Reds fans don’t understand greatness and appreciate plays that are truly fighting to give the reds a win. Lets try to keep winners like Mahle and get rid of losers
    Like you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    So posters are now getting angry at other posters for being critical about Mahle’s consistently high pitch counts? Nothing anyone posted is off base or even inaccurate. It’s a legitimate issue for him.

Every one of these game threads devolves into one group of posters who make critical remarks about players (yes, oftentimes baseless) and another group of posters who criticizes the first group. Both of these factions are no stranger to hyperbole and baseless ad hominem attacks. Every night. It’s more predictable than the Reds looking lost against a junk tossing lefty.
    You are wrong if he throws
    Pitches every time out and 80 are in the first inning and he leaves in the 5th,
    6th or 7th inning with a chance to win every time out but almost every time with a lead. When has inning pitch are barely below 1 one other pitcher 4 innings on the season.

I see what you are trying to say but it’s just a inaccurate as the other’s that don’t understand what it takes to win.

We have a great pitching staff (Starters ) and Mahle has been at worst 2nd and a game away from first.

We need zeros right now and or lock down if a run is scored. Nobody has been better for the reds the entire season long.
    Last edited by StatJunkie; 09-11-2021 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Agree with the first part. But Barrero just sort of Pipped Farmer. At least I hope. Not as 100% starter, but he should be here to stay and it's been made evident this fine evening.
    Should have been a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by StatJunkie View Post
    Please look up what you post,
    You look like an idiot. Mahle has 4 less innings than anyone else. The league average for
    Innings per game is less than Mahle. Mahle gives the Reds a chance to win almost every game infact the BP has blown a league leading #
    Of games Mahle has handed over a lead.

I guess Reds fans don’t understand greatness and appreciate plays that are truly fighting to give the reds a win. Lets try to keep winners like Mahle and get rid of losers
    Like you.
    Mahle is a guy who has made huge strides from last season to now. He's probably at least a top 20 pitcher in the league and he's only gonna get better. Barring injury, I think he has a chance be a stud in future seasons.

I think I’ll start a Mahle must go thread. My reasons for wanting him to go are much different than Reds fans. Mine is that ANY team would appreciate him as he has worked his ass of to earn.

So we are so much alike we want him out of here. I for one will sit down with him this Winter and discuss this with him.

Turn Off Ads?