Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Have You Been Right/Wrong About: 2021 Edition

Re: What Have You Been Right/Wrong About: 2021 Edition

I was wrong about Suarez. I thought they would stick with him at SS all year. Because I thought he would mash but make tons of errors.
    I was wrong about India. Thought he would be in AAA by may.
    I was wrong about Miley. Thought he would be either bad or on IL half the season.
    I was wrong about Castillo. Because I thought he would get several CY Young votes.
    I was right about Votto bouncing back. But I never had him hitting 30 plus HRs.
    I was right about Stephenson. I had him getting a few ROY votes. Despite not being a starter.
    I was right about Castellanos and Winker having big seasons.

- - - Updated - - -

I was wrong about Suarez. I thought they would stick with him at SS all year. Because I thought he would mash but make tons of errors.
    I was wrong about India. Thought he would be in AAA by may.
    I was wrong about Miley. Thought he would be either bad or on IL half the season.
    I was wrong about Castillo. Because I thought he would get several CY Young votes.
    I was right about Votto bouncing back. But I never had him hitting 30 plus HRs.
    I was right about Stephenson. I had him getting a few ROY votes. Despite not being a starter.
    I was right about Castellanos and Winker having big seasons.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I was so right and so wrong about those things. For some reason it was posted twice.

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-13-2021),Roy Tucker (09-13-2021)

I was wrong about Votto, I thought he was washed up and done.

6. Likes:

Banshee (09-13-2021)

I was right about the defense and bullpen being a huge question mark. I was right about the Brewers being the class of the division and the Cubs being an also-ran. I also thought Castillo would struggle but just because he wouldn't get much run support and not because he would be awful for the first two months of the season although I see that lack of run support for him (and the other starters) has raised its ugly head as of late.

I was wrong about those liabilities keeping the the Reds from being a .500 team. In fact I thought they would lose 90 games. I thought Amir Garrett may have some struggles as a closer but I didn't think he would be so bad that he's barely used at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

A few years back I thought combining the SunDeck and The ORG would be a pretty good Idea.

Now it's 2021 and I realize man was I wrong.

9. Likes:

Chip R (09-14-2021),cumberlandreds (09-14-2021),KeefeCato (09-14-2021),Roy Tucker (09-20-2021),Tom Servo (09-13-2021),UKFlounder (09-16-2021),WildcatFan (09-16-2021)

I thought there was enough talent there to stabilize a bullpen.
    I did not think Nick Castellanos would be worth the money.
    I thought Shogo would be useful.
    I was pretty sure that Castillo, Gray and Garrett were going to be the standouts that kept this pitching staff afloat.
    FWIW I did not think that Barrero would ever be a major league starting player.

Sadly I was right about Senzel, Aquino, Moustakis and Suarez.
    I did think that both Votto and Winker were going to hit.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

I was wrong about Votto being done.
    Unfortunately, I think I was right about the Reds finishing 4-5 games over .500.

I nailed the NL Central standings (unless the Cards pass us), and will hopefully win a bet with my buddy that the Reds will win 83+ games.

I undervalued Votto, India, and Farmer. I overestimated the starting pitching (except Miley and Gutierrez). I was clamoring for Alejo Lopez for awhile, so that looks pretty silly.

Also… 8 words: irrational prediction: the reds will win in June.

I was partially right about Garrett. I thought it was laughable that he named himself the closer coming out of spring.
    But even I didn't think he would be as bad as he has been. His stuff in the past had never screamed. Closer.
    Huge weakness on this club in that they have zero dependable LH relievers.
    Last edited by KeefeCato; 09-14-2021 at 05:03 AM.

14. Likes:

Chip R (09-14-2021),mth123 (09-14-2021)

Right about: Offense being a major problem. Reds depend so much on home runs. One dimensional.
    No speed at all. Must be the slowest team in MLB. Fewest stolen bases. Bonehead baserunning. Defense another major problem. Votto showing his age trying to move to get to plays around first base. Suarez fielding whether at short or third. Suarez hitting...way too many K's. Always thought Winker would hit.
    Bullpen deplorable. Pitchers with no control where the ball is going. At or near the top in walks in MLB.

Wrong about: Votto skills continually declining. (Had a great mid-summer, but slowing now.) Shogo being able to hit MLB pitching. Can't catch up to fastballs. Senzel finally staying healthly to energize the team.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I was wrong to emotionally invest so heavily in this team. I will be wrong about that again next year.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Turn Off Ads?