Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-12-21 Reds @ Cardinals 2:15pm

Re: 9-12-21 Reds @ Cardinals 2:15pm

Toronto with 16 runs in 4 innings so far today. Reds making Happ look like Denton True Young.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    This doesn't make any sense.
    Yeah it does. I've watched 140 games. They don't play smart baseball. I don't mean they are dumb guys. I still say make anyone but Nolan beat you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Yeah it does. I've watched 140 games. They don't play smart baseball. I don't mean they are dumb guys. I still say make anyone but Nolan beat you.
    I'm not following you. Why is it unbelievable that Nolan Arenado would do well?

You would have walked Arenado and faced Carlson with two men on? Wouldn’t be the usual call, Carlson has hurt the Reds too.

At some point Reds have to execute pitching, hitting, defense. I blame the lack of execution more than the thinking.

6. Likes:

mhs95_06 (09-12-2021),mth123 (09-12-2021)

Maybe Arenado felt sorry for Cabrera

Reds top five in OPS for the season in MLB, over last 14 days are 23rd.

Time to start hitting the ball again fellas.

Single for India, two on, let’s do something guys.

Well, one pitch, nope.

Stephenson continuing to slump

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    You would have walked Arenado and faced Carlson with two men on? Wouldn’t be the usual call, Carlson has hurt the Reds too.

At some point Reds have to execute pitching, hitting, defense. I blame the lack of execution more than the thinking.
    You may be right. I've just watched this Arenado guy kill our pitching over the years, including last night, that I want to make someone else beat us. Maybe not an intentional walk in that case but I don't come anywhere near the plate. Intentional but not intentional.

You may be right. I've just watched this Arenado guy kill our pitching over the years, including last night, that I want to make someone else beat us. Maybe not an intentional walk in that case but I don't come anywhere near the plate. Intentional but not intentional.
    Arenado likely isn’t going fishing. If you pitch around him, he’ll walk. Maybe it’s an ok strategy but if the Reds don’t start hitting it won’t matter. Can’t think or strategize your way into victories if you don’t hit and score runs.

My take is the Reds just may not be good enough. When that’s true, eventually the weaknesses show up. Hope that’s wrong, they get hot again and make the Wild Card.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-12-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Since the Luzardo fail in Miami two weeks ago( when Jesus, Jesus, and Jesus beat the Reds), the Reds have scored 2 runs in 22 innings in Sunday games. Maybe the Almighty is saying 'NO" to Reds' postseason.
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 09-12-2021 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Arenado likely isn’t going fishing. If you pitch around him, he’ll walk. Maybe it’s an ok strategy but if the Reds don’t start hitting it won’t matter. Can’t think or strategize your way into victories if you don’t hit and score runs.

My take is the Reds just may not be good enough. When that’s true, eventually the weaknesses show up. Hope they get hot again and make the Wild Card.
    True.

how in the world is washed-up, chunky soup azzdrubal cabrera on an MLB roster? especially one competing for a playoff spot.

deshields being on the roster also makes no sense. he's bad.

nepotism.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    how in the world is washed-up, chunky soup azzdrubal cabrera on an MLB roster? especially one competing for a playoff spot.
    Apparently we aren't very good.

Apparently we aren't very good.
    barrero is far better than him.

18. Likes:

Banshee (09-12-2021)

Turn Off Ads?