Turn Off Ads?
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    As weird as it sounds, it's Burrow's personality and confidence that makes this feel different. He has that intangible or trait that seemingly every great has.
    It wasn't just that he said it (and that was BEFORE the game btw) - it was the matter of fact way he said it. Combined with the casual shoulder shrug. That easy earned confidence will positively impact EVERYTHING. Like I said, it's different by a factor of a million from Dalton, at least...
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

2. Turn Off Ads?

Conversation reminds me of this tweet I saw this week:

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/stat...43771165822976

Someone asked me this before the 2020 draft to describe Joe Burrow—"Do you know how difficult it is for a kid from rural Ohio to go into that LSU program and assert himself as the Alpha?" Ask anyone that knows that program, they'll tell you he did that.

Bengals have a real one.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

4. Likes:

membengal (10-28-2021)

This is fantastic from Goodberry - click through to the tweet - quick vid - just phenomenal prep from ZT, Callahan and Burrow. This WILL mess with teams' heads in the future - including the Ravens...

https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/sta...705616395?s=20
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

6. Likes:

Boss-Hog (10-28-2021),RedEye (10-28-2021),Stray (10-29-2021),The Operator (10-28-2021),UKFlounder (10-28-2021),wolfboy (10-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    This is fantastic from Goodberry - click through to the tweet - quick vid - just phenomenal prep from ZT, Callahan and Burrow. This WILL mess with teams' heads in the future - including the Ravens...

https://twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/sta...705616395?s=20
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

8. Likes:

membengal (10-29-2021),wolfboy (10-29-2021)

Lost in everything is how good Uzomah has been this year. He's become a legitimate big play TE. Matchup nightmare for defenses who are already worried about Chase getting by them.
    He’s going to be set up for a big payday after this season.

Again, too early to be looking at mocks, but I did see Jalen Wydermeyer linked to the Bengals should they move on from Uzomah after this season. Think there are other places to invest in but Wydermyer is a talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

We had that kicker game with the Pack. Well it turns out they just might be the best team in the NFC this year. I kinda think they are. Their D is REALLY good.

11. Likes:

wolfboy (10-29-2021)

I watch our games on NFL Sunday Ticket, but my favorite part of the week is when I get the Dan and Lap calls (Dan usually tweets a Soundcloud link). Lap's woos and cheers are freaking awesome.

Like this
    https://soundcloud.com/dan-hoard/ben...17-oct-24-2021

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    He’s going to be set up for a big payday after this season.

Again, too early to be looking at mocks, but I did see Jalen Wydermeyer linked to the Bengals should they move on from Uzomah after this season. Think there are other places to invest in but Wydermyer is a talent.
    He has 17 catches on the season I don't see him breaking the bank...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    He has 17 catches on the season I don't see him breaking the bank...
    He’s also hauled in 5 TD passes and will likely keep
    adding to it.

Breaking the bank might not be the best analogy but I could see him getting paid more than the Bengals want to spend to keep him.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Not sure how robust the TE market will be a for a player near 30 on the wrong side of an Achilles injury. My thought is the Bengals want him here and he wants to be here and a nice raise can be worked out that doesn't even mildly stress a bank.

True, but he seems to have a good connection with Burrow (even before he got hurt last year, he had a decent start to the season) do thst might help the Bengals keep him if they mske a reasonable offer

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    He’s also hauled in 5 TD passes and will likely keep
    adding to it.

Breaking the bank might not be the best analogy but I could see him getting paid more than the Bengals want to spend to keep him.

We had that kicker game with the Pack. Well it turns out they just might be the best team in the NFC this year. I kinda think they are. Their D is REALLY good.
    I think TB, Dallas and the LA Rams are better than the Pack. Like the Bengals game, this is another where luck was on their side and they end up on the winning side of a game that could have gone either way. You win the turnover battle 3-0 you're likely to win

I watched the Bengals/ Ravens game again last night. Only took about an hour, fast forwarding through the commercials.

They had Jackson scrambling from the beginning. And the 1st half offense didn't look as flat as I remembered.

Also, Burrow's footwork in the pocket finally seems like it used to be and resulted in 2 big plays.

Best. Game. Ever.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 10-30-2021 at 05:16 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

19. Likes:

membengal (10-30-2021)

Well the defense has been gashed on the first two plays from scrimmage.

I really hope we’re not about to witness a letdown game.

Turn Off Ads?