Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3: Is Zac the right coach?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Saw an interesting note the other day:

The last four years the Vikings have used either a first or second round pick on an offensive lineman:

Christian Darrisaw
    Ezra Cleveland
    Garrett Bradbury
    Brian O’Neill

Two thoughts:

The Vikings aren’t getting return on their investment.

It makes a compelling point not to keep investing capital to protect your QB. The Vikings are essentially what people wanted the Bengals to do and keep doing. Invest in the O-line and ignore everything else.
    Darrisaw hasn't been able to get on the field yet. The other guys actually graded out pretty well last year. The Bengals DL just worked them

2. Likes:

membengal (09-13-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Hopkins is the key to the line. The tackles and Spain are solid. XSF is a placeholder for Carmen, who I think starts as early as Week 4 (work him in against the Jags) and as late as after the bye. Need Hopkins to be an average center.

I am expecting more of the conservative playcalling the next two weeks. Hopefully the defense turns in another performance like yesterday to get them to 2-0.

"So Fla Red"

The D-line was fun to watch. Keeping Cook in check was a welcome surprise.

The BJ Hill trade looks like it could pay huge dividends and Ogunjobi looked great as well. Should be fun watching the Dline against the Bears shaky oline. Assuming playing the full OT doesn't take its toll.

Jessie Bates "pissed off" about lack of new deal from Bengals

https://theathletic.com/news/jessie-...s/a4VtLcAOLGw2

We’re pissed off too Jesse.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

7. Likes:

RiverRat13 (09-14-2021)

Burrow is apparently fine, but Wayne’s is already out for next week.
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 09-13-2021 at 07:28 PM.

PFF O-line grades

Jonah Williams = 73
    Spain = 79.7
    Hopkins = 36.3
    Su'a Filo = 59.6
    Rieff = 62.2

Spain looked good yesterday...Hopkins definitely needs to get on track.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Jessie Bates "pissed off" about lack of new deal from Bengals

https://theathletic.com/news/jessie-...s/a4VtLcAOLGw2

We’re pissed off too Jesse.
    They really seem to make a habit out of giving the wrong guys long term deals and letting good players walk.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

11. Likes:

WVRed (09-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    They really seem to make a habit out of giving the wrong guys long term deals and letting good players walk.
    They can tag him. Up to twice. He's not walking until 2023 or 2024 if they use the tag twice.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    They can tag him. Up to twice. He's not walking until 2023 or 2024 if they use the tag twice.
    They'll definitely tag him. But the Bengals are supposedly about drafting, developing, and re-signing their own. Bates should be the poster boy for that.

On the other hand, he's only had one truly elite year. So perhaps they want to see another one before committing that much money.

Not sure why the Bengals are dragging their feet with Bates...the price is only going to go up the longer they wait.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I would cut the Blackburn family some slack in this case.

They've been vacationing on the slopes in Switzerland since last June and the cell reception there is lousy.

Supposedly, that's also why the TVs at PBS haven't been replaced. They're trying to fax the order in to Service Merchandise but the line keeps dropping.

My understanding is they will be back in town briefly in late October to meet with their financial planner and verify the franchise is still accruing record profits. Sources close to Geoff Hobson are indicating that deals could be finalized at that point.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

16. Likes:

Benihana (09-14-2021)

"So Fla Red"

Was enjoyable to watch the Raiders/Ravens mistakefest last night with the Ratbirds snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Quite the entertaining last quarter and overtime. The Ravens refused to let the Raiders implode.

Lamar two fumbles and the Ravens OLine is a disaster. Villanueva was a windmill at RT. Lamar is a one man show for the Ravens and took a few solid hits last night.

18. Likes:

UKFlounder (09-14-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I would cut the Blackburn family some slack in this case.

They've been vacationing on the slopes in Switzerland since last June and the cell reception there is lousy.

Supposedly, that's also why the TVs at PBS haven't been replaced. They're trying to fax the order in to Service Merchandise but the line keeps dropping.

My understanding is they will be back in town briefly in late October to meet with their financial planner and verify the franchise is still accruing record profits. Sources close to Geoff Hobson are indicating that deals could be finalized at that point.
    Riverrat made a great point, he has had one elite year. You can keep him an additional two years so why not wait if he will truly be elite. Why throw money at this point if you aren't sure if he deserves it? They didn't sit on their hands they signed Hubbard. This is a business and negotians are complicated and drag on. If the Bengals don't believe he is worth what he is asking why pay him just to pay him?
    When Joe Burrow sat down for his post-game press conference right after Chase finished, the first thing he said, before he took any questions, was, “I thought he was dropping everything.”

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/9/1...esday-trenches

I love Burrow. He is someone who gets it. That is rare these days. He is a great leader on and off the field. I see a very bright future for him.

"So Fla Red"

Of all the faults with the front office, the Bengals have actually been pretty good at taking care of their own players with 2nd and 3rd contracts. Sometimes to a fault.

They let WJ3 and Lawson walk for overpays which look like two major dodged bullets.

Bates can be tagged. Not sure why an extension wasn't done, but worst case the safety position is a good position use of the franchise tag if necessary.
    Last edited by oregonred; 09-14-2021 at 11:49 AM.

That was a blast to watch, especially the mega cast version. Seeing the Mannings reactions (especially Eli’s after the delay of game) at the end was cool. They were pretty muck like us normal fans “what the heck?” at times.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Was enjoyable to watch the Raiders/Ravens mistakefest last night with the Ratbirds snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Quite the entertaining last quarter and overtime. The Ravens refused to let the Raiders implode.

Lamar two fumbles and the Ravens OLine is a disaster. Villanueva was a windmill at RT. Lamar is a one man show for the Ravens and took a few solid hits last night.

Turn Off Ads?