Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Samuel Cosmi was the #1 guy I wanted in the second round, and is doing just as well as any rookie tackle.

Next year's class for tackles is fairly deep. Unsure what's gonna happen with Reiff, or what their plans are with D'Ante Smith (we'll get to see him in action this Sunday at guard), but there are a number of guys I like next year.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Smith missed practice for the 2nd straight daydream to a knee injury, so we might not see him and who knows who might play RG Sunday if he’s out?

This off-season they likely need to add 2 starting OL, not just a repeat of ”Reif and some projects” from this past year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Samuel Cosmi was the #1 guy I wanted in the second round, and is doing just as well as any rookie tackle.

Next year's class for tackles is fairly deep. Unsure what's gonna happen with Reiff, or what their plans are with D'Ante Smith (we'll get to see him in action this Sunday at guard), but there are a number of guys I like next year.

4. Likes:

RiverRat13 (10-15-2021)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

If Smith misses Sunday's game, I imagine Fred Johnson will start at RG.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

If Smith misses Sunday's game, I imagine Fred Johnson will start at RG.
    Maybe or the put Hill at Center and Hopkins at guard...

Hopkins best season as a Bengal was at guard.

Tre Flowers also signed at corner...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

SI has ranked our Bengals #10:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...?ocid=msedgntp

I think that's a little high but interesting

Carmen is clear to play Sunday

9. Likes:

Sea Ray (10-15-2021)

Smith to IR with his knee...

Hill or Carmen will start at RG on Sunday depends on how Carmen's recovery from Covid goes.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Smith to IR with his knee...

Hill or Carmen will start at RG on Sunday depends on how Carmen's recovery from Covid goes.
    Carmen should be good to go. This morning, I read that he was asymptomatic.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

The Smith thing is sad. He was going to start the second preseason game and missed it due to dehydration. Now the week of his first regular season start he gets hurt enough that it might end his year.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    The Smith thing is sad. He was going to start the second preseason game and missed it due to dehydration. Now the week of his first regular season start he gets hurt enough that it might end his year.
    Yep supposedly this week in practice he hurt it further which is why he is deciding to get the surgery...tough break but the Bengals seem to like him.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

It wouldn't be the Bengals if they weren't losing first year players to season ending injuries.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Bummed that D'Ante Smith got injured. He seemed to have a lot of promise.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I like the CB they picked up from Seattle. Have to look for improvements when they are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I like the CB they picked up from Seattle. Have to look for improvements when they are available.
    Agreed. He's not a world beater, but he does have 40 NFL starts under his belt. Depth like that is important in the secondary.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Looks like the Bengals Lions broadcast has the A Group calling the game today.

But how did they get Ronald Reagan's stunt double on such short notice?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Turn Off Ads?