Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    The Pats have an easy schedule. Mac Jones is Chase's biggest competition for ROY.
    Not to mention the media will be salivating at the thought of Brady’s successor being declared ROY. Chase will have to keep being other worldly to overcome that narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Likes:

RiverRat13 (10-24-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Check out the blocking on the right side of the line here

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/14523...iFdRKiQgyy6aeQ

5. Likes:

Playadlc (10-24-2021),Redsfaithful (10-24-2021),RiverRat13 (10-24-2021)

2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Is a young Hines Ward a good comp for Chase?

They are built similar and Chase has great blocking ability like Hines did.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

Ward didn't have 4.2 speed.

Chase is faster...much faster. Hines was a 4.5 guy in college...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

National Media lining up falling over themselves to get on the bandwagon...posers we have been here since Day 1

Geoff Schwartz
    @geoffschwartz
    · 4h
    Time to take the L. I was wrong about the Chase-Sewell debate. Chase has transformed the Bengals offense.
    s
    hannon sharpe
    @ShannonSharpe
    ·
    3h
    Man, I’ve undervalued the Bengals. Burrow 2 Chase is already one of the best combos in the league. They took apart a very good Ravens tm today.
    Skip Bayless
    @RealSkipBayless
    ·
    3h
    Joe Burrow arrived today as a star big-play QB with a career-high 416 yds passing at Lamar. Bengals 41, Ravens 17. I like him even more than I do Justin Herbert because of his fire and swagger and fearless leadership.
    Last edited by KoryMac5; 10-24-2021 at 07:42 PM.

10. Likes:

Sea Ray (10-25-2021)

No. Chase so much faster.

- - - Updated - - -

I am still buzzing.

---Love LOVE how businesslike they were on the sidelines in the 4th quarter - like they expected this. Those cues come in large part from Joe Burrow.
    ---He gets better as games go on. Multiple times this year his passes has have seemed off in the first quarter and then he locks in. He was 4 for 11 but finished 23 for 38 - so 19 for his next 27. Impressive.
    ---really impressive work from the o-line after they took some punches early from a jazzed ravens d and crowd.
    ---I almost cried watching the o-line impose their will late as we closed the game down running the ball. That's the way it should be (when you are a good team).
    ---Pretty much 100% of the bengals world owes LouA an apology. (me included)
    ---Not sure what else can be said about Ja'Maar Chase - but having him on this team gives us legit room to dream. Like Super Bowl dream at some point. Montana to Rice kinda dreams.
    ---Really happy for Uzomah - AND glad to see us punish teams for trying to guess at tendancies. That first TD to Uzomah was pure filth from our play design - so good.
    ---It's lost in the shuffle, but that was a weirdly important 3 points early from McPherson - 52 yards in that spot - it was nice to score early.
    ---This team's ability to respond in the second half is strange days for this fanbase. Down 17-13 and the crowd going insane and Burrow just calmly answers and the D then backs it up before the Chase 82 yard magic. Just not a normal sequence for us as fans.
    ---Major MAJOR props to Zac Taylor. He had the team ready and had a really good gameplan ready on offense.
    ---I am so happy.
    Last edited by membengal; 10-24-2021 at 09:17 PM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

12. Likes:

Bob Sheed (10-24-2021),forfreelin04 (10-24-2021),Kilgore_Trout (10-24-2021),Patrick Bateman (10-25-2021),Redsfaithful (10-24-2021),ScotlandRed (10-25-2021),The Operator (10-25-2021),Tony Cloninger (10-25-2021),UKFlounder (10-24-2021)

Not sure of a good comp for Chase. He’s more compact than most of the GOAT WRs, not as tall. Moss, Johnson, Fitzgerald, Rice, etc.

I think maybe best comp is Antonio Brown.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Not sure of a good comp for Chase. He’s more compact than most of the GOAT WRs, not as tall. Moss, Johnson, Fitzgerald, Rice, etc.

I think maybe best comp is Antonio Brown.
    He’s taller than Brown though.

The blocking and size is why I made the Ward comp but as others have said Chase is more lethal in the open field. So yeah, it’s a struggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Chase sort of reminds me of a bigger and more physical version of DeSean Jackson, who love or hate him was one of the best (perhaps the best) deep threats to ever play in the NFL. Every other game he was catching a 50+ yard bomb. Chase now has caught at least one of those in 4 of 7 games.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

NFL.com around the draft thought Torry Holt might be a good comp both 6 feet similar speed though I think Chase is stronger and faster...Remember Chase ran a 4.5 4.6 in HS he continues to refine his game and get better.

Burrow looks like his old self moving within and out of the pocket to find throwing lanes. That as much as anything has helped the offensive line.

My God, this is the most fun Bengals team since the 2015 squad that started 8-0. And we can put to bed the Chase vs. Sewell talk. An amazing game changer. Great job by the Bengals scouting/drafting department.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

19. Likes:

Bob Sheed (10-24-2021),Sea Ray (10-25-2021)

Best quote from social media:

"Sleepy Joe can't even finish the game. SAD!"
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

21. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (10-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Burrow looks like his old self moving within and out of the pocket to find throwing lanes. That as much as anything has helped the offensive line.
    It's so much better! He made a play on the first drive avoiding the rush and then finding Perine for a 1st down that he definitely wouldn't have made a few weeks ago. He's getting better every week. These last two weeks have been great. If this is what to expect of the Bengals offense, then I'm going to get my hopes up too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turn Off Ads?