Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    That's not much of a defense of WJIII. That defense was excellent last year without him. Not sure what changed, but he is NOT helping.
    I haven't watched the WFT this year, but from what I've heard, most of the criticism seems to be on Del Rio's scheme. Jackson is certainly not making them better, but I'm not sure what should fall on him versus the team/coaching. Either way, I'm very happy to have Awuzie here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I’ll never forget him giving up on that tackle against Pittsburgh. Might have been the softest play I’ve ever seen from an NFL player.
    It makes me livid to this day.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The Seahawks are figuring this out:

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news...ling-pass-rush

Early in his career with the Bengals I recall his Dad warning the Bengals about his son saying something like this "you gotta keep a foot on his back" (to keep him motivated).

In the off season he was a FA and seemed to get no offers so the Seahawks brought him back at about half what he was making and that looks like an overpay now.

Geno Atkins is another interesting case. He hasn't found any work. Is it injury or is he just worn out?

- - - Updated - - -

Anything's possible
    Re: that Dunlap quote...if you are a Bengals fan that is most definitely NOT shocking...
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Any possibility the Bengals get flexed into a Sunday night game before the end of the season?
    I'll bet they get a couple 1pms flexed if they keep playing the way they are.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Week 13 (Chargers) is the most obvious flex candidate. The game right now is Seattle/San Francisco, and both teams may be out of playoff contention by then. Burrow vs. Lawrence got big ratings on a Thursday night, so I'm guessing Burrow vs. Herbert would be enticing for NBC.

7. Likes:

oregonred (10-26-2021),Sea Ray (10-26-2021),Stray (10-26-2021)

"So Fla Red"

Good call on the Chargers/Bengals likely SNF game flex. That would be a hugely hyped and watched game for NBC. I'd say that is a no brainer assuming they can flex it out of a FOX/CBS protected game.

Seahawks should be banned from primetime the rest of the year after providing us the Geno Smith show on Sunday night then Monday night

Some tremendous content here from Orlovsky and Ryan Clark on a few of the wrinkles LouA schemed up against the Ravens...four minute clip - well worth a watch:

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/sta...024754694?s=20

10. Likes:

Bob Sheed (10-26-2021),Hillsdale87 (10-27-2021),Stray (10-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What do you make of John Harbaugh going for it so often on 4th down in the second half? I felt like that was a sign of disrespect for our defense. Who goes for it on 4th and 15? His special teams are always top notch. He's giving up 40-50 yards of field position every time he goes for it and fails on 4th down. Granted players can make coaches look bad or look like geniuses but ZT outcoached JH yesterday
    I look at it as Harbaugh knew they couldn't stop the Bengals. Every TD drive was 5 plays or less, be it from 90 yards away or 38 yards away. Knew he had to score to keep up or the game was over.

By going into Baltimore and winning, the Bengals would have made believers out of many. By going into Baltimore and beating the Ravens 41-17 Sunday, they should see a bunch of folks jumping on the bandwagon.

Burrow threw for a career-best 416 yards and three touchdowns. He's the only quarterback to throw for more than 400 yards and three touchdowns against the Ravens in Baltimore.

The Bengals are legitimate...The Bengals are the favorites in the division right now.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...-in-free-fall/

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Week 13 (Chargers) is the most obvious flex candidate. The game right now is Seattle/San Francisco, and both teams may be out of playoff contention by then. Burrow vs. Lawrence got big ratings on a Thursday night, so I'm guessing Burrow vs. Herbert would be enticing for NBC.
    Week 11 (Raiders) could be as well. The Chargers host the Steelers and while they could still be underperforming by then NBC wouldn’t have to show Steeler fans packing up SoFi Stadium.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Some tremendous content here from Orlovsky and Ryan Clark on a few of the wrinkles LouA schemed up against the Ravens...four minute clip - well worth a watch:

I love to watch analysis like this.

Zac Taylor and his staff are starting to figure it all out too. Pretty wild that we have a 2nd year phenom QB, a rookie phenom WR, and a 38 y/o coach all coming together at the same time. I mean, this is how dynasties happen and franchises change forever. Not trying to get ahead of myself, but man what a time to be a Bengals fan.

FO deserves a ton of credit for not just the Chase pick, which they were shredded for, but also rebuilding this D.

I'm at a loss. I got nothing to complain about. I love everything about this franchise at the moment.

16. Likes:

Big Red Smokey (10-27-2021),Redsfaithful (10-27-2021),WrongVerb (10-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Zac Taylor and his staff are starting to figure it all out too. Pretty wild that we have a 2nd year phenom QB, a rookie phenom WR, and a 38 y/o coach all coming together at the same time. I mean, this is how dynasties happen and franchises change forever. Not trying to get ahead of myself, but man what a time to be a Bengals fan.

FO deserves a ton of credit for not just the Chase pick, which they were shredded for, but also rebuilding this D.

I'm at a loss. I got nothing to complain about. I love everything about this franchise at the moment.
    I want to believe this but at the end of the day, it’s still the Bengals. When you’ve been snakebit so many times you are just waiting for the wheels to fall off at some point.

I think Burrow will be to the Bengals what Peyton Manning was to the Colts. The Colts were nothing in Indianapolis before Manning arrived.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

It was a fascinating look at this defense. And I admit I don't go into the weeds a whole lot on the Bengals defensive scheme. I wonder if Lou's defense requires fast yet undersized LB's. Its almost like once Wilson got his feet under him and became a starting LB, things for this defense really took off.

Zero coverage is awfully risky, but they executed. Its almost like they knew Lamar couldn't beat them with his arm, and making sure they clogged up the interior rushing lanes forcing him to go outside would work.

Agreed clog the lanes and make Lamar beat you with his arm...

I like how they are using ADG more and more each week he really jumped of the screen a few times the last few weeks. Wilson is a stud as well the last few drafts the Bengals have really done a solid job.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?