Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Well, I feel vindicated, but it is obvious when observation matches data. Some have been quick to trash the Oline, but it is obviously deeper than that.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Well, I feel vindicated, but it is obvious when observation matches data. Some have been quick to trash the Oline, but it is obviously deeper than that.
    Why do you think the coaching staff didn't throw the ball down field much? I mean, I remember watching Burrow get sacked 8 times last year vs Philly in Week 2 not looking much different than Sunday. Everyone wants us throw downfield more but that requires more time to throw and our coaching staff knows how much our OL blows. Even Jonah looked like garbage.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 09-23-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Why do you think the coaching staff didn't throw the ball down field much? I mean, I remember watching Burrow get sacked 8 times last year vs Philly in Week 2 not looking much different than Sunday. Everyone wants us throw downfield more but that requires more time to throw and our coaching staff knows how much our OL blows. Even Jonah looked like garbage.
    not included in my take at all. The numbers so far this year seem to be saying it is not always a "time to throw" issue. The offensive coordinator and head coach are incompetent. They said as much themselves. "We know how the Bears scheme, and we had no answers" is their hot take to criticism from Burrow and Chase on the impotent game plan Sunday.

not included in my take at all. The numbers so far this year seem to be saying it is not always a "time to throw" issue. The offensive coordinator and head coach are incompetent. They said as much themselves. "We know how the Bears scheme, and we had no answers" is their hot take to criticism from Burrow and Chase on the impotent game plan Sunday.
    I mean, it's really hard to take either of their criticisms seriously right now. Chase was partially responsible for 1 sack and Burrow missed a wide open receiver and probable TD with a receiver who was open DOWN THE FIELD. I don't understand their takes because they could've easily made up for some of those mistakes and yet, they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I mean, it's really hard to take either of their criticisms seriously right now. Chase was partially responsible for 1 sack and Burrow missed a wide open receiver and probable TD. I don't understand their takes because they could've easily made up for some of those mistakes and yet, they didn't.
    any good organization, no matter the industry, better listen to their frontline workers, even if they didn't do their job on an occasion. Good leaders listen to their workers.

any good organization, no matter the industry, better listen to their frontline workers, even if they didn't do their job on an occasion. Good leaders listen to their workers.
    Well given the head leader of this organization is 86 years old, he's probably hard of hearing, so it would make sense the Bengals aren't a good organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Well given the head leader of this organization is 86 years old, he's probably hard of hearing, so it would make sense the Bengals aren't a good organization.
    no, but the poster seemed to think that the players should shut up and play since they made a mistake in the game. If the Bengals were a good org. they would have a forum for player input, even in game planning.

no, but the poster seemed to think that the players should shut up and play since they made a mistake in the game. If the Bengals were a good org. they would have a forum for player input, even in game planning.
    I think we all know the Bengals aren't a good organization and "not taking player feedback into consideration" is another reason on a very long list.

2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

I think we all know the Bengals aren't a good organization and "not taking player feedback into consideration" is another reason on a very long list.
    well, this is a discussion board, so I'm discussing. Feel free to ignore my stating the obvious if it bothers you.

well, this is a discussion board, so I'm discussing. Feel free to ignore my stating the obvious if it bothers you.
    It doesn't bother me....in fact, I was agreeing with you lol. I was just commenting that this is reason #24 of 100 as to why the Bengals are a bad organization.

12. Likes:

traderumor (09-24-2021)

It doesn't bother me....in fact, I was agreeing with you lol. I was just commenting that this is reason #24 of 100 as to why the Bengals are a bad organization.
    sorry, didn't take it that way, my bad.

Saw this online:

Today, head coach Zac Taylor announced that Tee Higgins, Xavier Su’a-Filo and Trae Waynes are doubtful to play this week. Taylor also confirmed rookie Jackson Carman will start at right guard if Su’a-Filo is inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Saw this online:

Today, head coach Zac Taylor announced that Tee Higgins, Xavier Su’a-Filo and Trae Waynes are doubtful to play this week. Taylor also confirmed rookie Jackson Carman will start at right guard if Su’a-Filo is inactive.
    They will miss Tee Higgins.

Havent even seen Trae yet.

Can't get any worse with Su'a-Filo so might as well roll with Carman.

Burrow needs to get rid of the ball quicker or take off running. He's still getting his timing back there.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

16. Likes:

Stray (09-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Burrow needs to get rid of the ball quicker
    Agreed. Not trying to defend our line which has been terrible, but there have been several sacks that happened because Burrow held the ball and didn't trust himself to get out of the pocket and extend. I think he'll get better with this as the season goes on and he trusts his mobility more.

Hope Carman holds up because drawing the Steelers for your NFL debut is rough.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?