Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Bengals look pretty solid. Burrow looks like a star. Happy for Bengals fans.

As a person that grew up in Toledo watching Barry Sanders, it blows my mind that the Lions have gone this long being just absolutely terrible. I always thought Stafford was overrated. The second he leaves town he looks like an MVP candidate. The Lions could do absolutely nothing with him, makes you wonder if he would have been a Hall of Famer in any other organization. The Lions had perhaps the most talented WR in football history. Could not do a thing with him. The Lions had the best RB in NFL history. Could do nothing with him. The lions are looking like they are going 0-17 this year, will be the first team in history to go 0-for twice in franchise history. I feel like if that happens the owner should immediately be forced to sell. Just shameful.
    The Lions are bad but I'll take the bet that they won't go 0-11 the rest of the way. They'd be 2-4 right now if not for an NFL record game-winning FG (that probably shouldn't have counted) and another 55-yard walk-off FG.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

2. Likes:

RiverRat13 (10-17-2021),wolfboy (10-17-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

NFL on CBS American football
    @NFLonCBS
    ·
    25m
    First 6 career games:

Ja'Marr Chase Randy Moss
    27 Rec 27
    553 Rec Yds 527
    5 Rec TD 6

CRAZY how close this is.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

6. Likes:

membengal (10-17-2021),ScotlandRed (10-18-2021),Sea Ray (10-18-2021),wolfboy (10-17-2021)

Goodberry
    @JoeGoodberry
    Currently, only 3 AFC teams have scored more points than the Bengals (148).

Oh and only 2 AFC teams have allowed less points than the Bengals (111).
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

8. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (10-17-2021),Sea Ray (10-18-2021)

Baker just got sacked and landed super awkwardly on his already injured shoulder. Not moving on the field. I bet his partially torn labrum just became completely torn. Will be shocked if he plays again this year. This division is officially between Bengals and Ravens.
    I hope I’m wrong and probably am, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Steelers put together a winning streak and are right back in the thick of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Only two teams in the NFL are undefeated in Conference play...the Cardinals in the NFC and the Bengals in the AFC.

Why is this important? Because the Bengals win every tie-breaker at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I hope I’m wrong and probably am, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Steelers put together a winning streak and are right back in the thick of it.
    Go Seahawks!!!! Now tied at 17.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

11. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (10-18-2021)

Baker came back out - looks very uncomfortable
    Dislocated his shoulder, honestly really amazed and impressed that he played more.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Only two teams in the NFL are undefeated in Conference play...the Cardinals in the NFC and the Bengals in the AFC.

Why is this important? Because the Bengals win every tie-breaker at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Go Seahawks!!!! Now tied at 17.
    Steelers won in OT.

Bengals and Steelers are the only teams so far to play teams from their division. Bengals get the Ravens next Sunday too. They’ve wrapped up the NFC North before even getting into conference play. Crazy NFL scheduling.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    71.7% completion rate is pretty darn good...the play calling could stand to be better...re-discovering the intermediate pass, and being better on 3rd and short will help.
    I'm being picky, but it's because I think this actually could be a really good team if the offense can become a top 10 unit, which I think is a reasonable expectation based on talent.

I agree with your assessment about the intermediate pass, but I think that's a combo of the playcalling and Burrow. It's weird because Burrow was the best QB in the NFL last year on intermediate passes, and then this year they've had very few. It feels like Burrow is still a little skittish back there and maybe not allowing plays to develop, except for a few deep shots. That's nobody's fault, but just the reality of a QB not even being a year from significant surgery.

I'm probably guilty of expecting too much of Burrow early in the season. Just because he's physically healthy and ready to play doesn't necessarily mean he's fully back. He's been looking better every week, and hopefully that continues.

Bengals look pretty solid. Burrow looks like a star. Happy for Bengals fans.

As a person that grew up in Toledo watching Barry Sanders, it blows my mind that the Lions have gone this long being just absolutely terrible. I always thought Stafford was overrated. The second he leaves town he looks like an MVP candidate. The Lions could do absolutely nothing with him, makes you wonder if he would have been a Hall of Famer in any other organization. The Lions had perhaps the most talented WR in football history. Could not do a thing with him. The Lions had the best RB in NFL history. Could do nothing with him. The lions are looking like they are going 0-17 this year, will be the first team in history to go 0-for twice in franchise history. I feel like if that happens the owner should immediately be forced to sell. Just shameful.
    I know the Bengals made them look like an 0-17 team today but remember, they'd have beaten the Ravens if the officials enforced the delay of game rule. The Lions don't look this bad every week

With 17 games and an extra playoff team, I don't have a sense of the win total needed for playoffs. Does 10-7 do it? In the mix at 9-8? Barring devastating injuries to the core four (let's say Burrow, Chase, Wilson, and Bates), I have the Bengals going 5-6 the rest of the way but I'm pessimistic by nature as a Cincinnati fan. Maybe they can steal one or two of these:

@ Ravens (L), @ Jets (W), vs. Browns (W), @ Raiders (L), vs. Steelers (L), vs. Chargers (W), vs. 49ers (W), @ Denver (W), vs. Ravens (L), vs. Chiefs (L), @ Browns (L).
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Baker just got sacked and landed super awkwardly on his already injured shoulder. Not moving on the field. I bet his partially torn labrum just became completely torn. Will be shocked if he plays again this year. This division is officially between Bengals and Ravens.
    I don't think losing Baker would move the needle much for the Browns. My guess is that with increased reps their backup would put up similar numbers and the Browns wouldn't miss their #1 overall pick. He's a mediocre starting NFL QB

18. Likes:

traderumor (10-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Steelers won in OT.

Bengals and Steelers are the only teams so far to play teams from their division. Bengals get the Ravens next Sunday too. They’ve wrapped up the NFC North before even getting into conference play. Crazy NFL scheduling.
    Yeah, I don't know what conference Jax is playing in. Maybe the England Conference?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    With 17 games and an extra playoff team, I don't have a sense of the win total needed for playoffs. Does 10-7 do it? In the mix at 9-8? Barring devastating injuries to the core four (let's say Burrow, Chase, Wilson, and Bates), I have the Bengals going 5-6 the rest of the way but I'm pessimistic by nature as a Cincinnati fan. Maybe they can steal one or two of these:

@ Ravens (L), @ Jets (W), vs. Browns (W), @ Raiders (L), vs. Steelers (L), vs. Chargers (W), vs. 49ers (W), @ Denver (W), vs. Ravens (L), vs. Chiefs (L), @ Browns (L).
    I see a lot of winnable games on your (L) list

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post

I see a lot of winnable games on your (L) list
    No doubt. The Bengals can win every game remaining on the schedule. But it's the Bengals. And it still feels like a young team that has a lot of ups and downs left in them.
    -Walt Whitman

21. Likes:

Sea Ray (10-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    No doubt. The Bengals can win every game remaining on the schedule. But it's the Bengals. And it still feels like a young team that has a lot of ups and downs left in them.
    To be fair, there are a lot of "losable" games on your (W) list

Turn Off Ads?