Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Norm Macdonald

Re: RIP Norm Macdonald

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F6dXcW-_Fc

Grainy, and probably full of ads if you don't have a blocker, but Norm ripping into Carrot Top is also comedy gold. Albeit pretty dated at this point.

Offsite playback is disabled so you'll have to go to the YT link itself to watch.
    I watch this at least once a year. RIP to one of the greatest of all time.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-14-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    It's all true too

5. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-14-2021),Redsfaithful (09-14-2021)

One of my favorite comedians of all time. This sucks.

This, however, doesn't suck.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F6dXcW-_Fc

Grainy, and probably full of ads if you don't have a blocker, but Norm ripping into Carrot Top is also comedy gold. Albeit pretty dated at this point.

Offsite playback is disabled so you'll have to go to the YT link itself to watch.
    Conan O'Brien's channel just uploaded a higher quality version:

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

9. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-14-2021),Chip R (09-15-2021),RedTeamGo! (09-14-2021),RiverRat13 (09-15-2021)

SNL Jeopardy as Burt Reynolds. So funny….

So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    It’s just a classic.

Fun side note about how right he was about everything he said: “Chairman of the Board” made $180,000 at the box office on a $10 million budget. It was Carrot Top’s only movie he made. Truly box office poison. You have to figure that movie was made to launder money or something.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

12. Likes:

Chip R (09-15-2021),NebraskaRed (09-15-2021),RiverRat13 (09-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    “Chairman of the Board” made $180,000 at the box office on a $10 million budget. It was Carrot Top’s only movie he made. Truly box office poison.
    Or so the Germans would have us believe...

This clip is also part of his legacy:

In a classic clip from The View in the aftermath of the 2000 presidential election, MacDonald shocked the show’s hosts by repeatedly insinuating that former President Bill Clinton was a “murderer.”

“I think we should get the homicide out of the White House” he said, much to the chagrin of hosts Joy Behar and Barbara Walters.

“We don’t want any more murderers,” he continued.

Behar responded, “who are the murderers?” to which MacDonald bluntly replied, “well Clinton, he murdered a guy.”

After being chastised by Walters, MacDonald proclaimed “I thought it was a matter of record!” to which several of the hosts jokingly tell him to “shut up!”

“I love George Bush man, he’s a good man, decent,” he said. “He’s not a liar or crook murderer.”
    https://dailycaller.com/2021/09/14/n...gjy0h4ls8cmmv5

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    This clip is also part of his legacy:

https://dailycaller.com/2021/09/14/n...gjy0h4ls8cmmv5
    As I mentioned on the last page, like many comics, his anti-authority nature that earned him fans in the 80s and 90s slipped into a darker, narrower place towards the end of his life. In his prime, he went after powerful people who abused their power and he bucked social and comedy convention and was very free as a comedian. Towards the end, he seemed to grow more chaste around certain topics (jokes about religion) and he aimed his anger at normal people who were trying to make their scene/world better while standing up for pretty gross people in comedy. If you look at his work, at least what is recorded (I'm not sure what his most recent shows looked like), his personal views later in life are footnotes and don't represent the spirit of what he created and gave the world.

16. Likes:

M2 (09-17-2021),Redsfaithful (09-17-2021)

I’m game for any other opinions.

But as the tributes role in, I can’t think of another present-day comedian who comedians liked, respected and laughed at more than Norm.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I’m game for any other opinions.

But as the tributes role in, I can’t think of another present-day comedian who comedians liked, respected and laughed at more than Norm.
    Across his life, he became a favorite for such a wide group of comedians, across several generations and affiliations.

19. Likes:

Chip R (09-15-2021)

I'm genuinely sad that Norm is gone. Even more so than when Robin Williams left us.

We all want the ride to last forever, but it doesn't. I'm probably mourning for myself too. It's hard not to let the existential doom creep in when processing stuff like this.

He will truly be missed. Someone else said, he was always the smartest guy in the room pretending to be the dumbest guy in the room. Who also happened to be blessed with all those comedic gifts that always seemed effortless.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

21. Likes:

Kilgore_Trout (09-17-2021),Redsfaithful (09-16-2021),Roy Tucker (09-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Best SNL Weekend Update joke ever…

From Better Than Ezra themselves:

We are saddened by the news of Norm Macdonald. He was a hilarious man and an absolute legend. Thankful to have been the inspiration behind one of the “Best Weekend Update Jokes of All Time,” according to the internet. Rest In Peace Norm, and may your jokes live on forever.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

23. Likes:

M2 (09-17-2021)

This one sucks. Norm was so funny and unique. He was fearless in ways I didn't really expect to miss. Too many to name, but him working over early 2000s daytime shows sticks out as hilarious to me.

25. Likes:

Boston Red (09-27-2021)

Turn Off Ads?