Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: 9-15-21 Reds @ Pirates 6:35pm

Re: 9-15-21 Reds @ Pirates 6:35pm

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Like the rose growing out of the cracks of a dingy, broken sidewalk after the Apocalypse.
    I can't wait to see what happens if, God forbid, the Reds get swept tomorrow.

2. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (09-16-2021),Wonderful Monds (09-15-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Would I be a bad person if I, someone who is assuming this team is already toast anyway, was sort of rooting for that to happen just to see how insane the chaos here gets?

5. Likes:

gagliano (09-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    And sometimes that criticism is accepted or properly disputed and sometimes we get the "You must be loving this" nonsense. its the latter which has precipitated the current discussion.
    this ^^^

- - - Updated - - -

rooting for the reds to lose, are we?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I feel bad for Votto (yeah yeah, not that bad because he’s worth hundreds of millions of dollars) but this was likely his last shot. And it’s done. Might have to fire sale this offseason if we’re being honest.
    I know we can't really read body language, bla bla bla, but ... tonight when they put the camera on him, he look resigned to the fact that this is probably it for him. Anyone else think he hits about .250-.260 next season and hangs it up? The guy is beat up, the NL doesn't do the DH, he can't run, isn't getting to balls to his left anymore like he used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Would I be a bad person if I, someone who is assuming this team is already toast anyway, was sort of rooting for that to happen just to see how insane the chaos here gets?
    No you would not, but I'd channel that rooting toward ownership. I want ownership to FEEL THE PRESSURE. The discontent from the fans. The complaints on the call-in show. I want there to be a firesale, and for the guys who went through the motions this season to be playing somewhere else next season.

9. Likes:

gagliano (09-19-2021)

We go to DEFCON 4. All moderators are recalled to their silos and await retaliatory orders.

...I personally don't want to be recalled....come on Reds - don't ruin my weekend!

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Man I woke up this morning really sad at the state of this team right now all I wanted to do was lose to the Dodgers in a one-game playoff

13. Likes:

forfreelin04 (09-16-2021)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I dunno. I think the impetus for this classic thread was the fact that just about all of us came to terms with this thing being over after that spectacular 9th inning.

I may be wrong, but I think Chernobyl was yesterday, but those gases will pollute this place for the remainder of the season.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

If David Bell is an honorable man he will resign his job rather than have the Reds fire him. He put a man in the lineup in LF who cannot catch the ball.

There are posters who only appear when things go bad, so they can post how 'terrible' the team is... we see you almost every game thread, and there are some guys who appear to be multiple personalities and create multiple identities to agree with themselves.

So yes, some of you guys must really be loving this recent streak of games.

Myself? I laugh at the pitiful loser who has to go somewhere where he isn't liked, to try and irritate other fans. Please keep it up, I can only hope your life doesn't get any better and the only way to get someone to talk to you is by being irritating. It is actually funny to listen to some of these guys cry about a game.

I'd say it's 50-50 the Reds win tomorrow. I'm sure to enjoy the game regardless of the outcome. Considering where I thought this team would be in March, I'd say this has been a successful year, and the chance at a playoff spot is still within the likelihood of possibilities. Some guys will call this season an epic collapse up to the 7th game of the World Series. I don't think this is the best team in baseball, or would go far in the playoffs if they make it all, but I'm enjoying every game of the season. And if you were honest about today's game, a good fan would have been thrilled when they tied the game at 4... certainly an enjoyable game up the bottom of the 9th... such is baseball

17. Likes:

Banshee (09-16-2021),cumberlandreds (09-16-2021),NebraskaRed (09-16-2021),Ron Madden (09-16-2021),Wonderful Monds (09-16-2021),WrongVerb (09-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    No you would not, but I'd channel that rooting toward ownership. I want ownership to FEEL THE PRESSURE. The discontent from the fans. The complaints on the call-in show. I want there to be a firesale, and for the guys who went through the motions this season to be playing somewhere else next season.
    Sadly I agree with this and it also sounds like how I felt rooting for the Bengals from 1991 through 2002. Especially when you’ve following these teams since the early to mid 70s and for some since the early 60s. You saw so many good times. Reds had 2nd best record in MLB from 1961-1981. 1985-1999 was good too but also lots of underachieving and some real bad years too. However there was always a chance. Always a rebound waiting.

Now all you see is dysfunctional tight fisted organization based on a lot of nepotism.

Turn Off Ads?