Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worse FA signing: Eric Milton or Moose?

Re: Worse FA signing: Eric Milton or Moose?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I’ve heard he loves eating bbq ribs, cheeseburgers, and ass. And he’s all out of ass.
    I just spit my beer all over my keyboard.... Damn funny post on a really frustrating night. Thanks for the levity.
    Nothing but gas

2. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (09-16-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Defend him if you must
    But our Moose has been a bust

Moose

Why only these two? Sounds like someone doesn't like Moose! LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I mentioned this before and I'm still going Milton.

Money notwithstanding, there are other options to make up for Moose's lack of availability/productivity. Now it doesn't help that Suarez became horrible. But as seen this year, they can survive without Moose doing much.

Even though he played only every fifth day or so, the Reds needed Milton to be pretty much the best pitcher in an awful rotation. Obviously he didn't come remotely close.

I will go with Milton because he was never good to begin with. They overpaid for a mediocre innings eater and it went south quickly...no surprise there.

Moustakas, on the other hand, was a decent and durable player who hasn't worked out due to injuries. It's not looking good in retrospect. Maybe it wasn't the wisest signing, especially considering that they planned to play him out of position out of the gate, but at least he had a track record of being a solid player.

I am sure he wants to be on the field and producing and is doing everything he can to be conditioned to do so. It sucks for him and the Reds that it hasn't worked out.

This is the sort of thing that happens when you dabble with 30+ year old players in the FA market.

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-17-2021)

Easily Milton. Just a terrible fit for the Reds. He was a fly ball pitcher coming to a HR park. It was just never going to work. Moose has been hurt for the most part. Not his fault or anyone else. Just one of the risks of signing a FA as you never know what will happen with them.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

11. Likes:

mbgrayson (09-16-2021),Revering4Blue (09-17-2021)

Turn Off Ads?