Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-16-21 Reds @ Pirates 12:35pm

Re: 9-16-21 Reds @ Pirates 12:35pm

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    I would much rather see Geno at 3B. He has been hitting well and is better at 3b than Moose. Have Moose get into better playing shape in the off season and hope his feet stay somewhat good. And I think he could be a solid 800 OPS guy next year. But needing to win games now I would sit him.
    You're treading on thin ice, my friend. lol

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't know that we'll ever see Moose at 800 plus OPS over a whole season. I'm just not convinced that he's an elite hitter. Elite bank account but not sure about an elite bat.
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 09-16-2021 at 01:07 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JP321 View Post
    Reds baseball isn't the only thing he hates apparently
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Those Pirate announcers are the worse. I get that Pirate station. You must have Suddenlink and the Reds on the alt. channel. in low DEF. 2021 and those clowns can't bring you the Reds in high Def. Thankfully my friend lets me use his feed on the bally app. And I actually get the games in high def.
    Yes, watching the Pirates high def feed and listening to Brantley on the radio. Those two are synced better than the radio with the suddenling feed of the Bally Reds with the radio. The Reds feed only comes thru on the suddenlink leased access channel that normally has jewelry TV A reds game is not a make-up or rain delayed game. When a 7:10 game goes past midnight the lease goes back to jewelry TV.

A lot of them are trying too hard and it's messing them up.

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-16-2021)

India burnt hurrying for a DP and got no outs!

Every time the Pirate named Moran hits, I remember this:

Name:  moran.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  21.3 KB
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

9. Likes:

NebraskaRed (09-16-2021),TheBigLebowski (09-16-2021),WrongVerb (09-16-2021)

Since the Reds have been so bad lately.. I have started to look towards next season a bit. The Reds imo need to do the following to current roster.

Resign Nick
    Geno/Moose (keep 1, trade other)
    Cut/trade Shogo, Aquino
    Trade Tucker (Tyler is ready for everyday starts, though I don't like him defensively)
    Barrero starts SS, keep Farmer is a backup

There are other moves but that is what I would do right off bat

Nice pickoff

Was winning my fantasy league till 7-8 days ago. I have India, Castellanos, Votto and Winker on IL. Of course those three are doing nothing but the rest of my team isn't either. Now 3 points behind. All the categories are still very close. So there is time but not looking good for me. Roto league and it is between my friend and myself. He used to own me in fantasy leagues but last 6-7 years I have finished ahead of him. Looks like he is going to break my streak.

13. Likes:

REDREAD (09-16-2021)

Beautiful pick-off neutralizes the India error.

Mahle with 19 pitches while Overton had 25, which would have been only 18 if the ump would have correctly called Votto out on strikes.

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    A lot of them are trying too hard and it's messing them up.
    I have a theory that it’s a little like those stages of grief. You’ve been playing loose, but it’s become sloppy. You try to tighten up, but now you’re playing tight. You try harder, but now you’re trying too hard. You have a team meeting, and you play worse. Finally, you get mad and say, “Screw this,” and just play. That’s when you get back to playing loose but alert.

17. Likes:

NebraskaRed (09-16-2021),Ron Madden (09-16-2021)

Stephenson flies out to the notch.

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    Yes, watching the Pirates high def feed and listening to Brantley on the radio. Those two are synced better than the radio with the suddenling feed of the Bally Reds with the radio. The Reds feed only comes thru on the suddenlink leased access channel that normally has jewelry TV A reds game is not a make-up or rain delayed game. When a 7:10 game goes past midnight the lease goes back to jewelry TV.
    Oh I know. I used to call them all the time. Several years ago I actually got them to switch on the first game of a rain out makeup DH. Thankfully I don't have to put up with them anymore. I watch my friends feed from another provider. He was nice enough to give me his ID and Password so I use Bally app. Which is 2-3 pitches behind action but at least it is in HD.

STEPHENSON...CRANnks...it..to left and out....

21. Likes:

REDREAD (09-16-2021)

Turn Off Ads?