Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: 9-18-21 Reds vs Dodgers 2:10 pm

Re: 9-18-21 Reds vs Dodgers 2:10 pm

Quote Originally Posted by Thisyear View Post
    Hate to see it but I as well as a few others were told not to worry about the Cardinals. I think one was the great Tom Servo and anyone who mentioned what everyone knew was going to happen got killed. I think a whole host of people owe FCB an apology. You all say you are life long Reds fans, you must not of watched theast 26years.
    Castillo gave the Cardinals a lifeline and they took it and ran with it. I don't look for them to lose many more this season. Hate to say it but they deserve the last playoff spot. They will throw Wainwright against the Dodgers/Giants in the WC. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Cards win that game. If the Reds hold on to the 4 to 0 lead in the middle game in St. Louis the Cardinals would have been toast...finito...done. Luis and the Reds can think about that one all winter.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Boils down to poor lineup construction with guys who wouldn't be in most any good teams' lineup. No speed, no patience, every man for himself.

Hate to see it but I as well as a few others were told not to worry about the Cardinals. I think one was the great Tom Servo and anyone who mentioned what everyone knew was going to happen got killed. I think a whole host of people owe FCB an apology. You all say you are life long Reds fans, you must not of watched theast 26years.
    I said the Cardinals would be the competition about 3 weeks ago. I said the Padres were done. That wasn't some great prediction though. Padres have by far the most talent. They would have won the WC had they not been decimated with injuries. They just handed the Cardinals a game Friday night by having to start a pitcher who was just released by another team this week. That is how beat up they are.

5. Likes:

DocRed (09-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    I said the Cardinals would be the competition about 3 weeks ago. I said the Padres were done. That wasn't some great prediction though. Padres have by far the most talent. They would have won the WC had they not been decimated with injuries. They just handed the Cardinals a game Friday night by having to start a pitcher who was just released by another team this week. That is how beat up they are.
    Well you were right then. There were a whole lot that said don't worry about them and they were clearly wrong. FCB was the most vocal and got crushed. Anyone who wasn't worried about the Cardinals have not watched the last 26years. Yes, you were also one of these who attacked anyone who was not positive. Being a realist is frowned on.

Well you were right then. There were a whole lot that said don't worry about them and they were clearly wrong. FCB was the most vocal and got crushed. Anyone who wasn't worried about the Cardinals have not watched the last 26years. Yes, you were also one of these who attacked anyone who was not positive. Being a realist is frowned on.
    Never attacked anyone who wasn't positive. I called out one in particular who is negative all the time. And destroyed another board that we used to post on. Him and a couple others all but shut it down. Place is empty now.
    I am negative but also positive. There is many things to be negative about this team but also many reasons to be positive.

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Never attacked anyone who wasn't positive. I called out one in particular who is negative all the time. And destroyed another board that we used to post on. Him and a couple others all but shut it down. Place is empty now.
    I am negative but also positive. There is many things to be negative about this team but also many reasons to be positive.
    Ok, completely understand. Don't get me wrong I waste 4months 3hrs a day watching them. I love them, but gosh sometimes it is hard to be positive watching the same story. I just don't get if someone isnt openly trolling why they can't have negative opinions. It makes you no less of a fan. This is not directed at you as I said your reasoning makes sense.

Ok, completely understand. Don't get me wrong I waste 4months 3hrs a day watching them. I love them, but gosh sometimes it is hard to be positive watching the same story. I just don't get if someone isnt openly trolling why they can't have negative opinions. It makes you no less of a fan. This is not directed at you as I said your reasoning makes sense.
    Been a fan for over 50 years. Spent many of a night with a transistor up to my ear while lying in bed at 2 am in the morning listening to the Reds finish a west coast game on a school night. Probably have over 25,000 hours of time invested in listening to, watching, writing about, or talking about Reds baseball. They've been a part of my life since I was 7 years old. I've earned the right to cheer them on and also criticize a player or player(s) for not pulling his weight for the team(pun possibly intended). This has been both a fun and frustrating season. We had about a 75% chance of making the playoffs until a poorly timed blowing of a 4 run lead in St. Louis, which would have all been ended the Cardinals' chances. Very hard to swallow but I will swallow hard and be back out in support of the team next season.

10. Likes:

Thisyear (09-19-2021)

Turn Off Ads?