Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-18-21 Reds vs Dodgers 2:10 pm

Re: 9-18-21 Reds vs Dodgers 2:10 pm

Something that I'm seeing in replays is that the Reds are WAY out in front of pitches. As boring and cliche as Larkin is, he does talk about "staying back". If you do that, you have a better read on whether a pitch will end up in the strike zone. But, then you have to have the bat speed to still make contact. Maybe the guys are being encouraged to look at some 'imaginary spot' that's closer to the pitcher? Kinda' like in basketball when you're told to focus on something other than the front of the rim.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    Moose has never seen a pitch a foot or more off the plate that he doesn't like. As soon as he had two strikes I knew that he wouldn't have the discipline (Larkin mentioned it lol) to lay off anything thrown to home plate. Not only that, but the guy's swing looks really slow. Is he losing strength, too?
    Please, enough.

This is one of the very top pitchers in baseball. Moose is a three time all star who’s been injured. Nobody else has hit him except for a walk and little dribbler that went for a hit.

4. Likes:

NebraskaRed (09-18-2021),Wonderful Monds (09-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Please, enough.

This is one of the very top pitchers in baseball. Moose is a three time all star who’s been injured. Nobody else has hit him except for a walk and little dribbler that went for a hit.
    False. Not talking about the pitcher. Moose has no concept of what a strike is, at this point. It's not even about injury. He's swinging at literally everything. Yes, the pitcher is great, but a strike's a strike. Swing at strikes, and we'll go from there.

6. Likes:

Monster Man (09-18-2021)

3 innings, no hits, only 26 pitches thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Please, enough.

Has been a three time all star is the key. Moose is not good right now and hasn't been good as a Red. Injured or not. Your man crush on Moose is strange.

9. Likes:

Monster Man (09-18-2021),OldFashionedRed (09-18-2021)

It'll be interesting to see what Gray does the second time thru the order, but he has been incredible so far.

Moose has never seen a pitch a foot or more off the plate that he doesn't like. As soon as he had two strikes I knew that he wouldn't have the discipline (Larkin mentioned it lol) to lay off anything thrown to home plate. Not only that, but the guy's swing looks really slow. Is he losing strength, too?
    One of Webster's definitions of "slow" in it's new collegiate dictionary is "like or pertaining to Reds' infielder, Mike Moustakas."

Seriously, I want the guy to be exceptional but I think the time for that has passed. As you mentioned, he's slow, undisciplined, and just seems lost and confused. I hope somehow it can turn around but it doesn't look promising. At this point, I think I would give Suarez his ABs .

I like Gray driving up the pitch count for Scherzer.

False. Not talking about the pitcher. Moose has no concept of what a strike is, at this point. It's not even about injury. He's swinging at literally everything. Yes, the pitcher is great, but a strike's a strike. Swing at strikes, and we'll go from there.
    I assure you, Mike Moustakas has a concept of what a strike is.

And the pitcher is not just some footnote. Scherzer makes most hitters look bad.

This is the way tough playoff-type games go. Usually the pitchers make things very tough.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Moose vs. Scherzer... the biggest mismatch since Ga Tech creamed Cumberland(TN) 222 to 0.
    Shut up, Jesus Christ.

India hit it almost where he hit it in the first inning, but a little harder and that results in a double.

- - - Updated - - -

Gray out performing Scherzer and some of you can't stop posting about Moose's one AB

Not a bad approach by Cast, hitting that to RF, just hung up there for third out.

Reds getting a few baserunners, keep plugging away.

With the Dodgers….hitters are only 1 for 36 with RISP

That’s decent

Dude can fly.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Bad throw by Moose

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure why that was scored a hit

Turn Off Ads?