Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NL Wild Card Schedules Week of September 20

Re: NL Wild Card Schedules Week of September 20

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Their bullpen will negate whatever their rotation can muster. And Miley and Gray have gone in the tank.
    Mileyís had some tough outings lately. Gray? Not sure what tank youíre referring to.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Their bullpen will negate whatever their rotation can muster. And Miley and Gray have gone in the tank.
    Gray has been up and down all season. Miley is out of gas. Since the deadline moves the bullpen has been about as good as the starters, but the truth is that none of the squads (SP, Pen, Bats, Defense) have been great now that most of the results are in. It's an average team that teased us by winning a bunch of games in the middle third of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Luis was wonderful against the Dodgers but he all but handed the Cardinals the lifeline they needed to go on this run that likely gives them the WC. If he holds that 4 run lead, the Cardinals likely get swept by the Reds, who likely go on to win at least two against Pittsburgh. The Cardinals would be toast. It's not a popular opinion here but Luis Castillo letting a big lead get away in possibly the biggest game of the season all but sealed the fate of our beloved Redlegs. It is what it is.
    You have GOT to be kidding me. Youíre saying you believe the season was lost single handedly because of one guy and the Reds wouldíve magically won a bunch of games they lost in embarrassing fashion because ??????

This is one of the most absurd things Iíve read here in my many years on this board.

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-20-2021)

Gray’s ERA from his first August start, August 5, to today has gone from 4.44 to 3.84.

His season’s FIP in that time frame has been steady at around 3.70.

He’s pitched quite well down the stretch this year.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-19-2021 at 08:44 PM.

7. Likes:

757690 (09-19-2021),RedsFanInMS (09-27-2021)

Phils lost to Mets. Going into week of 9/20, Phils trail Braves by 2 in NL East race.

In WC Reds trail Cards by 3. Phils and Pads 1/2 game behind Reds.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-19-2021 at 10:52 PM.

9. Likes:

REDREAD (09-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    As the remaining games dwindle, Redsí odds are reduced, sure. But Iíd argue that this weekend wasnít too bad. Itís the series losses to the Cubs and Tigers and Pirates that are ruining Redsí chances.

Reds faced two Hall of Farmers and a Cy Young candidate this weekend, and the tough Dodger lineup. I canít look at 1-2 this weekend as a big failure.
    Oh I agree 100%, the previous 7 series are what dug us into this whole.
    I should have been more clear.. Being 3 games back seems insurmountable. Today was the culmination of us going 8-16 (?) recently.
    I wasn't expecting us to win today. I was hoping SD would win to keep us within 2.
    Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

11. Likes:

Kc61 (09-20-2021)

With NL Wild Card race all but over, not going to update this fully.

Reds have final six games next week, Pirates (1 home, 3 at Pittsburgh) and at White Sox (2).

Potentially interesting series next Tuesday to Thursday with Phils at Braves. Going into today, Sunday, Phils are 1.5 behind Braves in the NL East race, two games back in the all important loss column.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-26-2021 at 10:31 AM.

13. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-27-2021)

Turn Off Ads?