Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If the Reds Don't Make the Playoffs, Who Will You Root For in the NL?

Re: If the Reds Don't Make the Playoffs, Who Will You Root For in the NL?

Quote Originally Posted by herbdizzle View Post
    I'll root for the Braves. I watched them a lot as a kid when they'd play their games on TBS. Dale Murphy was my favorite player as a kid and I always loved their 90's starting pitching. They've got fun guys to watch like Freeman, Acuna, & Albies.

The only other team I'd have interest in seeing win would be the Giants as they have a lot of ex-Reds and it'd be nice to see guys like Disco, Casali, & Cueto get a ring.
    I'd like to see the giants win just as a big F. U. to the reds for their poor judgement re players. Look at how these players have done since being bungled away. Don't forget casali too. Go giants!

2. Turn Off Ads?

If the Cardinals get past the wild card game, I will be too nauseous to continue watching the MLB post season.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    For the record, Dayton also features St. Louis style pizza and it’s terrible in both cities. I grew up in both.

But fried ravioli is amazing. It’s vegetarian, they use spinach instead of meat in them, so you could actually try them.
    Pizza in Dayton is not St. Louis style. You can dislike both and Dayton is a thin crust style pizza but that is where the direct similarities end.

Some have a slightly sweeter sauce, but not all. And they definitely don’t do Provel, which is item one in a unique STL pizza.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Let's stop talking about those people and shun them as they deserve.

Joey is a Red for life. I really don't care if there are people that don't like it.

5. Likes:

757690 (09-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Pizza in Dayton is not St. Louis style. You can dislike both and Dayton is a thin crust style pizza but that is where the direct similarities end.

Some have a slightly sweeter sauce, but not all. And they definitely don’t do Provel, which is item one in a unique STL pizza.
    This is correct. However, they both cut the pizza into squares, so there is more than just the thin crust.

Btw, cutting pizza into squares makes so much more sense, it’s the one thing that Dayton and St. Louis get correct.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

7. Likes:

missionhockey21 (09-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    One more uniqueness. Tomato paste instead of tomato sauce.
    Sounds a lot like Larry's(Schuler) pizza... deep sadness.

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Well said. I have withdrawals when the Reds season ends. I watch a little college football and only Bengals games from the NFL. But football is by far my least favorite. College Basketball is my 2nd favorite sport behind Reds baseball. I am a UK fan but every team takes a back seat to the Reds. They were my first sports team love. After Sam Wyche and before Marvin. I stopped watching the Bengals for several years. No matter how bad it got I never stopped watching the Reds.
    I am just like you in all of this!!!!

You know, as bleak as the Reds' hopes are, and they are pretty darn bleak, if they sweep these three against the Bucs and the Cards lose three of four at Milwaukee, we are right back in contention. Anything short of that, and the outlook turns from bleak to grave.

Quote Originally Posted by gagliano View Post
    I'd like to see the giants win just as a big F. U. to the reds for their poor judgement re players. Look at how these players have done since being bungled away. Don't forget casali too. Go giants!
    The Giants starters ERA + is 126 and the Reds is 109, Cueto hasn't been a Red in six years and I'd bet my house that DeSclafani's numbers in the NL Central would look horrible compared to the ones he gets in the cool pacific air... as for Curt good player but his replacement is pretty good too.

But hey on the Reds board let's just shout... FU Reds!!!

That's where we are eh?

12. Likes:

Chip R (09-21-2021),Ron Madden (09-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Well said. I have withdrawals when the Reds season ends. I watch a little college football and only Bengals games from the NFL. But football is by far my least favorite. College Basketball is my 2nd favorite sport behind Reds baseball. I am a UK fan but every team takes a back seat to the Reds. They were my first sports team love. After Sam Wyche and before Marvin. I stopped watching the Bengals for several years. No matter how bad it got I never stopped watching the Reds.
    CCB is 2nd for me too and UK basketball. But this one and done stuff has about wore me out. I hate having a practically new team every year. I'd much rather watch CFB than the pros too. I don't care for how the pro game has evolved. Baseball was my first love and I will always go back to it no matter what for the years I have remaining in my life.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    CCB is 2nd for me too and UK basketball. But this one and done stuff has about wore me out. I hate having a practically new team every year. I'd much rather watch CFB than the pros too. I don't care for how the pro game has evolved. Baseball was my first love and I will always go back to it no matter what for the years I have remaining in my life.
    Agree with you and Keefe 100%.

Brewers

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

If loving weird American cheese’d mozzarella pizza and deep fried ravioli is wrong, then I don’t wanna be right.

I'm a Reds fan. I can't root for anyone else.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    I'm a Reds fan. I can't root for anyone else.
    Who would you root against THE LEAST?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I usually have really hard time rooting for an NL team after rooting against them all year. And by my Reds religion, I can’t root for an AL team.

I watch them just as baseball games. Every so often, I find myself rooting for a particular team, but that’s a chemistry thing that’s unpredictable.
    In recent years my interest in a post season that doesn't feature the Reds has been extremely limited, but sometimes I still get interested in a team. On occasion I've rooted for a team whose city and fans have gone decades without winning a championship in any sport, which was why I rooted for the Indians in the 1995, 1997 and 2016 World Series, and I even took a passing interest in the NBA championship the Cavs won a few years ago. I sometimes just think their fans have suffered enough, but I still rooted against the Cubs in 2016. I was happy the Royals won in 1985 and 2015.
    During the 1970s I hated the the Reds primary rival, the Dodgers, and I still don't care for Lasorda (R.I.P.). Looking back, I am therefore surprised by how many times I rooted for the Dodgers in the World Series. I was a Sandy Koufax fan and I was happy when he pitched the Dodgers to the world championship in 1965 over the Twins (I did root for the Frank Robinson Orioles in their 1966 Series against the Dodgers). I also rooted for the Dodgers in the 1974, 1977, 1978 and 1981 World Series, during the height of their rivalry against the Big Red Machine. Why? I hated their opponents more. In 1974 (and in 1988) they played the A's-I loathed Charles O. Finley and I have never forgiven the A's for defeating the Reds in the 1972 World Series. Even the four game sweep in the 1990 World Series didn't remove the distaste I have for the Reggie/Catfish/Fingers A's. In 1977, 1978 and 1981 the Dodgers were opposed by the Steinbrenner/Reggie/Billy Martin/Munson Yankees (yeah, I know that only Steinbrenner was there for all three Series but I think of that quartet when I think of those Yankee teams). Short of those Yankee teams being matched up against the Steelers, I was rooting for their opponent. I like Clayton Kershaw, and the Dodgers were cheated out of their World Series against the Astros, so I was happy they won last year.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

20. Likes:

Roy Tucker (09-21-2021)

Turn Off Ads?