Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: 9-23-21 Reds vs Nats 6:40pm

Re: 9-23-21 Reds vs Nats 6:40pm

All this Aquino talk reminds me of Adam Duvall. You know how he's doing these days?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    All this Aquino talk reminds me of Adam Duvall. You know how he's doing these days?
    Same as he did as a Red. Great power with very low OBP.

Duvall has 37 homers and a league leading 109 RBIs this year. When Aquino produces that, please let me know.

5. Likes:

REDREAD (09-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Duvall has 37 homers and a league leading 109 RBIs this year. When Aquino produces that, please let me know.
    Not to mention his defense, which is very valuable.

7. Likes:

REDREAD (09-24-2021),Revering4Blue (09-23-2021)

I don’t see that

I don't think that's a good comparison. Before he was traded Duvall was an all star and he was able to fetch Sims and another pitcher in a trade (who I think ended up being a mediocre reliever elsewhere).
    In contrast, Auqino was exposed maybe 3-5 years ago (I forget which year) and no one wanted him.
    If he was let go tomorrow, a good chance his career is over. Aquino has zero trade value.. Every team has minor leaguers that can't make contact and they are hoping something clicks.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Who would you rather have? Vuckovich, Chaney, Crowley and Rettenmund or Bailey, Lum and Youngblood?
    Clay and Tom Carroll, Hall and Kirby or Alcala, Hinton, Henderson and Zachry?
    Didnt the first group all play 3b for the reds at one time? Second group all relievers? Help me out

There is a reason I grouped these guys together. What is the reason? It has nothing to do with performance.
    First part of each group played on the 75 Reds and the 2nd part of each group played on the 76 Reds.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

12. Likes:

KeefeCato (09-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    First part of each group played on the 75 Reds and the 2nd part of each group played on the 76 Reds.
    Correct.

14. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by gagliano View Post
    Didnt the first group all play 3b for the reds at one time? Second group all relievers? Help me out
    Fun useless fact of the day. For some reason. Crowley never played the field in 1975 till Mid August. Only Pinch Hit till then.

Fun useless fact of the day. For some reason. Crowley never played the field in 1975 till Mid August. Only Pinch Hit till then.
    Very odd

Quote Originally Posted by gagliano View Post
    Terry Crowley was left-handed. He only played RF, LF, and 1B in his major-league career.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?