Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-23-21 Reds vs Nats 6:40pm

Re: 9-23-21 Reds vs Nats 6:40pm

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    He's not been very good for about 3 months now. Here are his numbers through September, and the end of the two previous months.

BAVG-OBP-OPS
    SEP .276 / .313 / .852
    AUG .261 / .327 / .827
    JUL .214 / .298 / .703
    UMM you do realize over .800 OPS is good?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Schrock is a nice bench player and start once a week guy.
    Friedl way too soon to tell if he is a major leaguer let alone a starter. Teams would run wild on his noodle arm. At best he could make it as a bench player.
    Stephenson needs to be the starter so there is no need to spend money on a aging veteran like Barnhart. If he is only starting once or twice a week tops.
    Aquino just needs to be gone. I have predicted for a while now he will be sold to Japan. No idea if he will or not, but I do think he will be non tendered and be gone.
    I hope you are right about Senzel being on the team in some capacity and healthy.
    As of now if healthy. Moose will be the DH against RHP next season IMO.
    I forgot about Friedl's noodle arm. Maybe he could play IF? Aquino I don't honestly think will be here, either, but I was thinking the happy compromise if he's not going to be somewhere else, is for him to be in AAA learning how to it, and maybe he finally gets it. He's got a lot of power. I just didn't want certain people saying OMGZ REDZ HATERZ ALERT

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    UMM you do realize over .800 OPS is good?
    I said "very good".

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    Why on Earth would you want to see that?
    Because that's the best of what we've currently got to work with. It's my only rational. I don't expect the FO to actually go out and get great players.

E6 Gnats fielding like gnats.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I forgot about Friedl's noodle arm. Maybe he could play IF? Aquino I don't honestly think will be here, either, but I was thinking the happy compromise if he's not going to be somewhere else, is for him to be in AAA learning how to it, and maybe he finally gets it. He's got a lot of power. I just didn't want certain people saying OMGZ REDZ HATERZ ALERT

- - - Updated - - -

I said "very good".
    Someone mentioned the other day and I had forgot all about it. Maybe this has something to do with how bad Aquino has been. Maybe it has nothing to do with it and he is just bad. But he did break his Hamate bone.

Because that's the best of what we've currently got to work with. It's my only rational. I don't expect the FO to actually go out and get great players.
    There's nothing rational about Winker in CF or Schrock as a regular RF. Add in a guy with 4 MLB games under his belt and it would be a historically bad OF.

8. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    There's nothing rational about Winker in CF or Schrock as a regular RF. Add in a guy with 4 MLB games under his belt and it would be a historically bad OF.
    This is what we currently have. Castellanos isn't resigning. Senzel is far too often injured. By putting Schrock in RF I'm minimizing his exposure to RHP. Winker can play CF. Until we have new acquisitions, and assuming guys perform similarly next year, this is it. I don't keep up with the lower leagues. All just my opinion, of course!

Even MASN has Peloton. Lets go plant dads!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Lecure sounds frustrated with how bad the offense is.

12. Likes:

Monster Man (09-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    6. .182
    7. .172
    8. .148
    9. .152

I mean...
    I agree with Crosley58 ; that should be an automatic forfeit.

14. Likes:

gagliano (09-23-2021)

Cast can't lay off that slider.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Maybe Cast is trying to work his way back to the Reds after all.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

17. Likes:

malcontent (09-23-2021)

Castellanos not been good of late

Following up on the Cast discussion, I think he may be back next year. His second ball is down from the first by a large margin. Now he had an injury and I don’t know if that is part of it or not but since I have t heard anything I’ll assume it’s not an issue. His numbers in GABP are also way higher than his road numbers and that will be a negative in FA. I’m not sure how much interest there will be in beating the Reds price. The Reds could also sweeten the pot some to have him not use his opt out option. I think his salary may be close to his market value so I think it will come down to whether he thinks he can win with the Reds. I think any offers he may get will come from teams in about the same boat as the Reds.

Soto is pretty good.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?