Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Derek Johnson explains the team's direction in pitching development

Re: Derek Johnson explains the team's direction in pitching development

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    they don’t know what WAR is
    Or what it’s good for…

2. Likes:

BRM13 (09-25-2021),Revering4Blue (09-24-2021),Tony Cloninger (09-24-2021),wlf WV (09-25-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Haunted by walks

Friend only to the undertaker.

5. Likes:

camisadelgolf (09-26-2021),wlf WV (09-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Friend only to the undertaker.
    So they use WAR in Rasslin', too?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

7. Likes:

camisadelgolf (09-26-2021)

Just how much influence did Boddy have over the minor leagues? There was no 2020 season and the 2021 season was shortened. Yet, with the exception of AAA, the 2021 Reds minor league system had an overall winning record for the first time in years.

The issue with the major league team was the bullpen. Even with the injuries to Gray and the lousy April and May from Castillo, the meltdown of the bullpen was epic. And most fans blame the FO for the awful bullpen, rather than blaming DJ and his coaches.

I hope the organization continues the analytical approach, with or without Boddy. I think DJ deserves a little leeway considering the effects of the pandemic on coaching over last couple seasons. It’s hard to instruct individual pitchers via Zoom.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

9. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-25-2021)

Cold calling corporate clients will include talk about, food, parking, events etc over the makeup of the developers in the ML system.
    I get emails almost weekly from vendors inviting me to Reds games in their boxes. I used to take them up on it but it’s not all that much fun. You sit with people you don’t know, a lot of times they don’t know the Reds or baseball, and the sales guys pump you for every bit of info they can get (“so, what are your plans/budget/direction/etc?”. Telling them to leave you alone so you can watch the game isn’t cool either.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

11. Likes:

westofyou (09-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I get emails almost weekly from vendors inviting me to Reds games in their boxes. I used to take them up on it but it’s not all that much fun. You sit with people you don’t know, a lot of times they don’t know the Reds or baseball, and the sales guys pump you for every bit of info they can get (“so, what are your plans/budget/direction/etc?”. Telling them to leave you alone so you can watch the game isn’t cool either.
    “Nice seats, you can see the ear hair if the umpire, let me get some beers… so, what’s your organization’s Cloud strategy?”

Kill me

13. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (09-25-2021)

“Nice seats, you can see the ear hair if the umpire, let me get some beers… so, what’s your organization’s Cloud strategy?”

Kill me
    I think I resorted to leaving the box around the 5th-6th inning saying I had an early morning meeting but went and found a seat far away from the box and watched the game in peace. I did lol at your cloud thing because I remember being asked that more than once.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

15. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-27-2021)

Turn Off Ads?