Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone monitoring the Brian & Gabby situation?

Re: Anyone monitoring the Brian & Gabby situation?

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    It hits home to anybody that has kids. As a parent, I’m not afraid of getting cancer, getting in a car accident, being shot, having a stroke, or anything like that. if it happens, it happens. But my kids? Even though they are between ages 18 and 33, I don’t think an hour goes by where I don’t wonder if they’re OK. It would be my worst nightmare if anything happened to them. It’s just part of our DNA, and it never goes away.

So yeah, when I read about this girl, who did absolutely nothing out of the ordinary and didn’t take any unnecessary risks, it hits home as a reminder that it could happen to anyone, no matter how remote the chances could be. I’d feel the same way about a young black or Latino girl as well, but you’ll have to talk to the media about that.
    Wouldn't you say her choice of boyfriends was an unnecessary risk? It appears that she chose a very violent partner. I doubt you'd have approved of your daughter dating such a guy. In fact I'd go so far as to say you'd have killed him first.

2. Likes:

OldFashionedRed (09-28-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Bernie plenty of homicide victims and missing people right in your own neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Bernie plenty of homicide victims and missing people right in your own neck of the woods.
    Sure, and if the media plasters them all over the news, I'll read about them and relate to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Wouldn't you say her choice of boyfriends was an unnecessary risk? It appears that she chose a very violent partner. I doubt you'd have approved of your daughter dating such a guy. In fact I'd go so far as to say you'd have killed him first.
    So you think I would kill someone? No, I wouldn't

I don't now how violent the guy is. Even her parents were taken by surprise.

edit: And that's some major victim blaming you got going on there.
    Last edited by BernieCarbo; 09-28-2021 at 05:20 PM.

6. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (09-28-2021)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Just goes to show how not everything is as it seems on social media. So many people try to paint a picture of how great their life is, and oftentimes that's the only version of them we really get to see. But it just ain't like that.

It's a sad story. I hope they find that POS, and that this story generates more interest in other missing persons.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

8. Likes:

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Who would’ve guessed that Sea Ray would find a way to blame this woman for getting murdered, absolute shocker I tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Who would’ve guessed that Sea Ray would find a way to blame this woman for getting murdered, absolute shocker I tell you
    Clearly she was asking to be murdered, did you see what she was wearing?

Apologies, I shouldn’t joke about this, but that might have been the most nauseating, repulsive post ever here on Redszone, including any of mine, which is saying something.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

11. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (09-29-2021)

Yes, her parents are so dumb for not seeing this coming (I''m being facetious). This is before they found her body:

She said she can't understand why neither Brian nor his parents have reached out to her in the aftermath of her daughter's disappearance.

'It's a very mysterious situation. We don't understand why he's doing this. Everybody's assuming the worst and thinking he's guilty of this. But I don't want to believe that. I want to believe she's just in need of help out there and that everybody needs to keep searching.'

Schmidt described how Brian's parents had been warm and welcoming to Gabby during their relationship. She recalled a time when his mother even knitted her future daughter-in-law gifts for Christmas.

'She loved her like a daughter,' Schmidt said. 'As far as I knew they were all very caring and treated her like one of the family. His mom was so excited about the engagement.'

13. Likes:

They call me "chef"

He is fishing for negative attention. It's an important pre-cursor to turning this thread into yet another discussion centered around him.

15. Likes:

For the record so that this doesn't get twisted all around back on me, when I said "unnecessary risks", I meant it isn't like she posted her pic on tinder and said, "Hey I need a ride to Florida and don't have any money but we have to leave today!" She wasn't a drug mule. She wasn't a prostitute. Even then, no one deserves to be murdered, but this girl didn't do anything that millions of young people haven't done before.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He is fishing for negative attention. It's an important pre-cursor to turning this thread into yet another discussion centered around him.
    And then blaming everyone else for making it personal about him.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

18. Likes:

I think Kinsm is asking, why does this story in particular rivet you to your seat and make you pay attention? Is it her age? Race? Looks? Family background/income? Poor white parents, Black parents, Latino parents lose children far more often, just as brutally, just as undeservedly. Yet there’s no outrage or calls to do anything.

Her age is the particular rivet --same age as my daughter. And when I was that age I knew everything, which makes that age so dangerous in this and many other situations.

And blaming her for any of this is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I think Kinsm is asking, why does this story in particular rivet you to your seat and make you pay attention? Is it her age? Race? Looks? Family background/income? Poor white parents, Black parents, Latino parents lose children far more often, just as brutally, just as undeservedly. Yet there’s no outrage or calls to do anything.
    For me it's that video of her VISIBLY SHAKEN AND CRYING to police after the altercation, that is seared in my mind. My heart breaks for her. She had dreams, and it seems maybe she put aside her intuition about the guy in favor of living out those dreams. The other thing that's really bothering me about the guy is how he orchestrated this whole thing. If you go looking for details on the relationship, including what web sleuths uncovered in social media, you see that she had NO IDEA that everything about her trip up to her death was part of the guy's masterplan. He (or they) were apparently interested in some sort of cult. He was reading about violent topics, and sketching violent images. He also put up posts on Instagram, that when viewed in light of all that's been uncovered, scream SERIAL KILLER.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    For the record so that this doesn't get twisted all around back on me, when I said "unnecessary risks", I meant it isn't like she posted her pic on tinder and said, "Hey I need a ride to Florida and don't have any money but we have to leave today!" She wasn't a drug mule. She wasn't a prostitute. Even then, no one deserves to be murdered, but this girl didn't do anything that millions of young people haven't done before.
    We know what you were saying.

Well, all but one of us.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    We know what you were saying.

Well, all but one of us.
    I drove all over the country with my twenty year old girlfriend. I can relate to that, I didn’t have social media to generate any interest in that journey though, that’s the key point I’m seeing. Not only is it a media story it’s a social media fueled circus.

Turn Off Ads?