Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Anyone monitoring the Brian & Gabby situation?

Re: Anyone monitoring the Brian & Gabby situation?

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Jeez, securities fraud is pretty serious in itself and people go to prison for it all the time. In this case, they didn't cooperate because they didn't have to and their lawyer told them not to. And then going back a month and saying you got your time line off by a day will not land you in prison. This is so silly.

They won't go to jail, but they will be scumbags forever. How they treated Gabby's parents was incredibly cruel. All I can think of is maybe he confessed to them, and then said he wanted to go camping one more time and then he'd come back and turn himself in, but he offed himself instead. What a weird family.
    Martha Stewart didn’t go to prison for securities fraud. She went to jail for lying to the FBI when they initially talked to her about her case. There were no charges against her at the time.

Again, they did cooperate, and when they did, they were inconsistent in what they told the police and with what the police later learned to be true. Maybe that leads to a case, maybe not, but it definitely should not be ruled out. I know law enforcement have not ruled it out, they have said they haven’t decided on whether or not any charges will be made.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    This thread is a great example of why we need more women on this board.
    Ha, and now we learn OldFashionedRed is a woman. Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Ha, and now we learn OldFashionedRed is a woman. Classic.
    I knew that when I posted that. It really doesn’t change anything.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Lawyer representing Brian Laundrie's family says he died by suicide

An attorney representing the family of Brian Laundrie said in a statement on Tuesday that he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

"Chris and Roberta Laundrie have been informed that the cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head and the manner of death was suicide. Chris and Roberta are still mourning the loss of their son and are hopeful that these findings bring closure to both families," Steven Bertolino said Tuesday.

Laundrie's skeletal remains were found on Oct. 20 at the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Brian Laundrie’s parents trying to get notebook still in FBI custody

NORTH PORT, Fla. (NewsNation Now) — The parents of Brian Laundrie, the boyfriend of Gabby Petito and person of interest in her death, are trying to get back items found near his body, including a notebook that is still in FBI custody, his family’s lawyer confirmed to NewsNation Tuesday.

Steven Bertolino told NewsNation’s Brian Entin that this was part of the formal proceedings to administer Laundrie’s estate and confirmed the notebook was part of the request.

“Nichole Schmidt filed to obtain Gabby’s belongings that are in the Laundrie home or in police custody,” Bertolino told Entin. “Rick Stafford (Petito’s family attorney) and I are trying to work this out cordially.”
    https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-new...n-fbi-custody/
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Brian Laundrie claimed responsibility for Gabby Petito's death in notebook, FBI says

In its final report on the investigation into Gabby Petito's death, the FBI wrote that Brian Laundrie claimed responsibility for his fiancée's death in a notebook found near his remains. Petito's body was found in Wyoming in September, and Laundrie's body was found in a Florida reserve weeks later.

The FBI in Denver, which led the investigation, said a notebook, a backpack and a revolver were found near the remains later identified as Laundrie. In the notebook was Laundrie's written confession, the FBI said

"A review of the notebook revealed written statements by Mr. Laundrie claiming responsibility for Ms. Petito's death," the FBI wrote.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?