Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone monitoring the Brian & Gabby situation?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Anyone monitoring the Brian & Gabby situation?

I might be the only person in America who couldn't give a hoot about this story.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I might be the only person in America who couldn't give a hoot about this story.
    Nope. I don't either
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Well, you don't have kids, so you can't relate.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Sad story, incredibly pathetic that it's generating this much news
    The only thing that's pathetic is that these stories don't *always* generate this much news. Why shouldn't we care? Pathetic is tuning it out imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    The only thing that's pathetic is that these stories don't *always* generate this much news. Why shouldn't we care? Pathetic is tuning it out imo.
    We should care, the point is that the caring is not making a media event out of a select few.

That's my point

7. Likes:

Stray (09-30-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Well, you don't have kids, so you can't relate.
    This is probably true.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    No, what's pathetic is that we have any of these types of stories in the first case.

If you're upset that this story is being covered, y'all must be going nuclear over the Brittany Spears nonsense.

11. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-29-2021)

Sure, and if the media plasters them all over the news, I'll read about them and relate to them.

So you think I would kill someone? No, I wouldn't

I don't now how violent the guy is. Even her parents were taken by surprise.

edit: And that's some major victim blaming you got going on there.
    My point in saying you'd kill him first was that I'm sure you'd have a strong reaction to a boyfriend slapping your daughter

As to this case, there's plenty of evidence that they had a violent relationship. This wasn't a random guy who killed her. This was her choice of boyfriends. Very poor judgment on her part and she paid for it with her life

There is a teachable moment in all of this:

She encouraged anyone in a relationship to look for the warning signs in the beginning of dating.

“Maybe commenting on how you dress, commenting on the friends you have, starting to control the activities that you do,” she said.

If you’re a bystander of friend of someone in an abusive relationship, she encouraged you to support the victim.

“Don’t give them ultimatums that if they don’t leave the person, I won’t talk to you anymore, I’ll cut you off financially, that’s already happening to them by the person that they’re in this relationship with that’s perpetrating violence on them,” she said.

Stephens is hopeful Petito’s case can be an eye opener for anyone who is in a similar situation.
    https://www.kfvs12.com/2021/09/23/he...rian-laundrie/

It's not "victim blaming". It's a warning to others that may have also made a bad choice in boyfriends: Get out or you may pay the price that Gabby did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    My point in saying you'd kill him first was that I'm sure you'd have a strong reaction to a boyfriend slapping your daughter

As to this case, there's plenty of evidence that they had a violent relationship. This wasn't a random guy who killed her. This was her choice of boyfriends. Very poor judgment on her part and she paid for it with her life
    Wow. I have no words. Well, other than this is block number four. I have no idea why anyone would ever look at another post from this guy.

15. Likes:

757690 (09-29-2021),Larkin Fan (09-29-2021),westofyou (09-29-2021),WildcatFan (09-29-2021),Wonderful Monds (09-29-2021),WrongVerb (09-29-2021)

Wow. I have no words. Well, other than this is block number four. I have no idea why anyone would ever look at another post from this guy.
    I understand my posts are rarely popular around here. I have no problem with anyone blocking me. Doesn't bother me in the least

17. Likes:

OldFashionedRed (09-29-2021)

I understand my posts are rarely popular around here. I have no problem with anyone blocking me. Doesn't bother me in the least
    I assure you the guy has blocked more than 'four' people. And, don't worry about it. There are posters here who all they do is criticize other posters and play speech police. It's wrong.

19. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-29-2021),Sea Ray (09-29-2021)

They call me "chef"

Listen, my friend. There is nothing you could ever say that would make me publicly reflect on the content of your statements so long as I can pretend to be your friend to antagonize my perceived message board enemies. What you said doesn't bother me and I stand with you.

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    I assure you the guy has blocked more than 'four' people. And, don't worry about it. There are posters here who all they do is criticize other posters and play speech police. It's wrong.
    Nope, you can't assure anything, and there are exactly four. I don't police speech at all, but I don't have to read ignorance about how this girl had a hand in her own murder.

Turn Off Ads?