Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone monitoring the Brian & Gabby situation?

Re: Anyone monitoring the Brian & Gabby situation?

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Nope, you can't assure anything, and there are exactly four. I don't police speech at all, but I don't have to read ignorance about how this girl had a hand in her own murder.
    She did. It's all over the Internet. You going to wait until the "news" tells you what you think is the truth? There was A LOT wrong in their relationship, anyone who's been in a bad relationship will say that it's often easier to try and put certain things about the other person aside, because ... who wants to be alone? In fact, that's one of the things he was doing to her, threatening to abandon her. Go look it up on Reddit / Twitter / Instagram. The guy is a scary dude between the ears. She went out there to document her trip and grow her Instagram account, he had other ideas.

2. Likes:

Sea Ray (09-29-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    She did. It's all over the Internet. You going to wait until the "news" tells you what you think is the truth? There was A LOT wrong in their relationship, anyone who's been in a bad relationship will say that it's often easier to try and put certain things about the other person aside, because ... who wants to be alone? In fact, that's one of the things he was doing to her, threatening to abandon her. Go look it up on Reddit / Twitter / Instagram. The guy is a scary dude between the ears. She went out there to document her trip and grow her Instagram account, he had other ideas.
    I don't get my news from Reddit / Twitter / Instagram.

Go look it up on Reddit / Twitter / Instagram.
    The library of the absurd

6. Likes:

SteelSD (09-29-2021)

They call me "chef"

I hope SeaRay uses his OldFashionedRed account to bring us the character of his "judge friend". I always wanted to see that character brought to life and interacting here.

Nope, you can't assure anything, and there are exactly four. I don't police speech at all, but I don't have to read ignorance about how this girl had a hand in her own murder.
    I didn't say she had a hand in her murder. Your words were that she didn't take any unnecessary chances. I said she absolutely did. You couldn't handle it and went crying away.

I don't get my news from Reddit / Twitter / Instagram.
    If you don't think this guy was bad news then you are misinformed. Normal guys don't just kill their girlfriends. You don't need more evidence than that. You're very naïve

Yeah... this is typical back and forth here.

Sounds like she was in a really bad relationship. Sometimes that's enough to get someone killed. Not exactly a hot take.

How that is victim blaming, is beyond me.

But that's RedsZone for you. I think some people just like to argue.

Here's the recipe:

1. Take a point.
    2. Exaggerate it. Distort it. Now you have a strawman.
    3. Sprinkle in a heavy dose of concentrated recreational outrage to said strawman.
    4. Add the same handful of chuckleheads chiming in, affirming the initial recreational outrage.
    5. Stir in any combination of the same old playground insults.
    6. Smell that? Kind of resembles the smell of sewer gas? Now you're cooking some RedsZone stew right there!
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 09-29-2021 at 05:57 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

11. Likes:

Boston Red (09-29-2021)

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post

Sounds like she was in a really bad relationship. Sometimes that's enough to get someone killed. Not exactly a hot take.

Here's the recipe:

1. Take a point.
    3. Sprinkle in a heavy dose of concentrated recreational outrage to said strawman.
    4. Add the same handful of chuckleheads chiming in, affirming the initial recreational outrage.
    6. Smell that? Kind of resembles the smell of sewer gas? Now you're cooking some RedsZone stew right there!
    Recreational outrage, huh? Do you have an example of what that looks like in practice?

13. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (09-29-2021)

Here's the recipe:

1. Take a point.
    You nailed it. That's RZ for you. You put it better than I could have. This is why this site is far down the list of places I frequent on the net. There are much higher quality places to have meaningful debate. I don't know why someone thinks I should care if I'm placed on ignore. I don't care what anyone on the net thinks of me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Recreational outrage, huh? Do you have an example of what that looks like in practice?
    If you don't get it, you never will. That's your problem

This is what was said:

As to this case, there's plenty of evidence that they had a violent relationship. This wasn't a random guy who killed her. This was her choice of boyfriends. Very poor judgment on her part and she paid for it with her life
    This is the very definition of victim blaming. The victim of a murder is being blamed for her own death. It’s repulsive, disgusting, and there is zero place for it anywhere.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

16. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (09-29-2021),WrongVerb (09-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    This is what was said:

This is the very definition of victim blaming. The victim of a murder is being blamed for her own death. It’s repulsive, disgusting, and there is zero place for it anywhere.
    It's actually a fact and something apparently you can't handle. If she'd not chosen him as a boyfriend she'd be alive today. To be clear: she did not deserve this fate.

But her poor choice of boyfriends constituted an unnecessary risk that she took.

18. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-30-2021)

I can’t believe I need to post this, but one fundamental fact about abusive relationships is that it is never, ever, ever, ever, okay to blame the victim for being in one. Anyone who knows anything about abuse, trauma, or basic psychology understands this.

Any suggestion of this needs to stop, immediately. It’s vile, destructive, wrong, and there is no place for it anywhere.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

20. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (09-29-2021)

I can’t believe I need to post this, but one fundamental fact about abusive relationships is that it is never, ever, ever, ever, okay to blame the victim for being in one. Anyone who knows anything about abuse, trauma, or basic psychology understands this.

Any suggestion of this needs to stop, immediately. It’s vile, destructive, wrong, and there is no place for it anywhere.
    Blame is your word. I'm sticking to facts and I stand by what I've stated

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The library of the absurd
    When someone's "news" starts with, "Y'know what I heard?", it wasn't news to begin with.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

23. Likes:

westofyou (09-29-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

As someone who grew up in a household with a lot of domestic violence, and suffer from PTSD that I’m still treatment for over it, I’m pretty disgusted by half of this thread.

25. Likes:

757690 (09-29-2021),Larkin Fan (09-29-2021),Roy Tucker (09-29-2021),SteelSD (09-29-2021),westofyou (09-29-2021),WrongVerb (09-29-2021)

Turn Off Ads?