Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone monitoring the Brian & Gabby situation?

Re: Anyone monitoring the Brian & Gabby situation?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    When someone's "news" starts with, "Y'know what I heard?", it wasn't news to begin with.
    I saw it on YouTube is the bottom of the barrel

2. Likes:

SteelSD (09-29-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I saw it on YouTube is the bottom of the barrel
    I dunno. "I read on Facebook that my brother's best friend's wife has a cousin who says that their co-worker heard..." is probably at least two or three rungs worse.

And I do look to YouTube for watch repair information and how to cook baked potatoes. So it's got that going for it.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

5. Likes:

Kinsm (09-30-2021),westofyou (09-29-2021)

YouTube’s algorithms is one of the worst things that has happened to human civilization, and I am being completely serious.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

7. Likes:

westofyou (09-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    I dunno. "I read on Facebook that my brother's best friend's wife has a cousin who says that their co-worker heard..." is probably at least two or three rungs worse.

And I do look to YouTube for watch repair information and how to cook baked potatoes. So it's got that going for it.
    Repairs and old music videos

I get my news from news organizations

I'm funny that way

9. Likes:

SteelSD (09-30-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    YouTube’s algorithms is one of the worst things that has happened to human civilization, and I am being completely serious.
    Yep, garbage data in a a way that keeps feeding,junk food for the uninterested

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I am sure you are correct. However, I do enjoy what it feeds me. I'm a big broadway fan, so I have fun going down the youtube rabbit hole, watching 37 different versions of Wicked's "Defying Gravity" including the ones in Korean.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

If that weird blonde bounty hunter dude finds this guy before the FBI the FBI should be forced to disband and close shop.

13. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-30-2021)

"It's her fault he got killed." -said no one in this thread.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

Yep, pretty much.

Recreational. Outrage.

I'm so triggered by him saying that sometimes choosing poor partners has dire consequences. You animal!
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Oh I see the problem. Everyone's still clinging to the outdated idea that we human beings make sober, rational choices, and insightfully reassess those choices constantly. The reality is we make decisions based on emotions (sometimes those emotions are evident, sometimes not), hormones, or sometimes even our gut biome, and then backfill a justification with logic and rationality. I submit that Gabby was acting on emotion or hormones, so any warning signs were rationalized away.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

16. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-30-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Oh I see the problem. Everyone's still clinging to the outdated idea that we human beings make sober, rational choices, and insightfully reassess those choices constantly. The reality is we make decisions based on emotions (sometimes those emotions are evident, sometimes not), hormones, or sometimes even our gut biome, and then backfill a justification with logic and rationality. I submit that Gabby was acting on emotion or hormones, so any warning signs were rationalized away.
    Agreed 100 percent. Being in love throws logic right out the door. You could say that is also a reason she is no longer with us. It's not her fault at all, but actions do have consequences. Pointing those actions out doesn't make SeaRay a monster, in my opinion.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Agreed 100 percent. Being in love throws logic right out the door. You could say that is also a reason she is no longer with us. It's not her fault at all, but actions do have consequences. Pointing those actions out doesn't make SeaRay a monster, in my opinion.
    But do you hear yourself? "It's not her fault that she suffered the consequences of her actions" is literally what you just said. That's ghoulish victim blaming right there.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

19. Likes:

BernieCarbo (09-30-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    You could say that is also a reason she is no longer with us. It's not her fault at all, but actions do have consequences.
    By that logic, anyone that does anything more risky than going to a church picnic on Sundays is at fault if something goes wrong. No wonder you're so scared all the time.

Next up: Bernie Carbo gets killed by a drunk driver while going to Home Depot to pick up materials to hang a picture, and Bob comes to the conclusion if I had only gone to Lowe's, I'd be alive. Actions have consequences.

21. Likes:

dabvu2498 (09-30-2021),Wonderful Monds (09-30-2021),WrongVerb (09-30-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    But do you hear yourself? "It's not her fault that she suffered the consequences of her actions" is literally what you just said. That's ghoulish victim blaming right there.
    I cannot even understand how someone doesn't see that logic as disgusting.

23. Likes:

WrongVerb (09-30-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    By that logic, anyone that does anything more risky than going to a church picnic on Sundays is at fault if something goes wrong. No wonder you're so scared all the time.

Next up: Bernie Carbo gets killed by a drunk driver while going to Home Depot to pick up materials to hang a picture, and Bob comes to the conclusion if I had only gone to Lowe's, I'd be alive. Actions have consequences.
    Poor analogy. If Bernie has drunk driver drive him to Lowes and has a fatal accident on the way would be a much more apt analogy

25. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-30-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    I cannot even understand how someone doesn't see that logic as disgusting.
    Some of us don't let such things get so personal. Some of us react differently such as "I don't see it that way. I see it this way and here's why." Some people say "you're a disgusting human being so to punish you I'm going to block you."

Turn Off Ads?