2. Alcides Escobar (R) SS
    3. Juan Soto (L) RF
    4. Josh Bell (S) 1B
    5. Yadiel Hernandez (L) LF
    6. Luis Garcia (L) 2B
    7. Riley Adams (R) C
    8. Carter Kieboom (R) 3B
    9. Josh Rogers (L) P
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 09-26-2021 at 11:33 AM.

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-26-2021),KeefeCato (09-26-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 9-26-21 Reds vs Nats 1:10pm

Probably the worst hitting lineup conceived by anyone on earth

Cabrera will get his first hit as a Red today. I just know it.

Or maybe he won't, who knows.

6. Likes:

KeefeCato (09-26-2021),Tom Servo (09-26-2021)

Sorry folks, I’ve been out of the news cycle. Is Votto injured? I can’t imagine the face of the franchise not playing the last two home games. I know technically there’s one more.

Quote Originally Posted by 64red View Post
    Sorry folks, I’ve been out of the news cycle. Is Votto injured? I can’t imagine the face of the franchise not playing the last two home games. I know technically there’s one more.
    Bobby Nightengale @nightengalejr

David Bell said Joey Votto injured his knee on the 11th-inning ground ball to first base when he had to sidestep in front of the runner

Votto says he should be available to hit off the bench today.

9. Likes:

64red (09-26-2021)

C. Trent Rosecrans
    @ctrent

Lefty Reiver Sanmartin will start for the Reds on Monday. Sanmartin, 25, will be making his big-league debut.

Sanmartin was 10-2 with 3.32 ERA in 17 starts and 25 appearances between Double-A Chattanooga and Triple-A Louisville.

11. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-26-2021),KeefeCato (09-26-2021),Mitri (09-26-2021),NebraskaRed (09-26-2021),Tom Servo (09-26-2021)

I just don’t get the Reds strategy at all. Why are AC a DDJ getting at bats. Friedl should be playing because he may be part of the future so it would be nice to get him playing time. I would pick up the option on Tucker so I’d have him playing 1st to get some at bats against a lefty. If he’s on the team next year he may have to hit against lefties sometimes. Even if the option isn’t picked up the team should give him their ABs because it may help him out in FA if he can show he’s not just a platoon catcher. Tucker has been a good player for us and has given it his all so he deserves the ABs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama Red View Post
    I just don’t get the Reds strategy at all. Why are AC a DDJ getting at bats. Friedl should be playing because he may be part of the future so it would be nice to get him playing time. I would pick up the option on Tucker so I’d have him playing 1st to get some at bats against a lefty. If he’s on the team next year he may have to hit against lefties sometimes. Even if the option isn’t picked up the team should give him their ABs because it may help him out in FA if he can show he’s not just a platoon catcher. Tucker has been a good player for us and has given it his all so he deserves the ABs.
    Reds want to finish over .500. Feel their best chance is to load up with RHH.

Friedl will get several more starts this week when they face a righty.

As for Barnhart, he’s resting between catching starts late in a long season. Seems pretty usual.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-26-2021 at 12:30 PM.

14. Likes:

M2 (09-26-2021),Ron Madden (09-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by CrosleyVet View Post
    Probably the worst hitting lineup conceived by anyone on earth
    So what you're saying is that lineup couldn't hit a beach ball with a shovel?

Davey should have gone all all out today and given Nick the day off and put Aquino in right. Then the Reds lineup would look like this :

1. India
    2. TySteve
    3. Farmer
    4. Suarez / .188
    5. Assdribble / .228 (.000 w/Reds)
    6. Aquino / .187
    7 DeShields / .226
    8. Bererro / .167
    9. Mahle / .058

Crosley, did Hutch or Sisler fill out as good a lineup card than the one above? Does a manager have to sign his name on the card? I'd be tempted to write "anonymous." lol Even Washington, D.C. native and Cleveland Spider whipping boy, Harry Colliflower could mow down that 4 through 9.

Now, GO REDLEGS!!! Get that series win!
    Last edited by Ky Fried Redleg; 09-26-2021 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama Red View Post
    They need to move on from a aging catcher like Barnhart and Miley as well. I would sign Miley then trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    They need to move on from a aging catcher like Barnhart and Miley as well. I would sign Miley then trade him.
    I’m still an advocate for picking up Barnhart’s option. He’s a valuable player and would help the young pitchers coming up next year.

But I also want to see Reds get younger with pre-arb talent. So I won’t scream if they go in the direction you suggest, Keefe, depending how the overall roster looks.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-26-2021 at 01:06 PM.

I love the look of the shadows on the field in late September/early October day games!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

19. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-26-2021),NebraskaRed (09-26-2021)

Bengals 7
    Stealers 0

Don't ask me why, but for some reason I have the feeling that Asdrúbal Cabrera is the pick to click today.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I love the look of the shadows on the field in late September/early October day games!
    I love this time of year. Just seems to pass so quickly.

Turn Off Ads?