Get rid of the loooooooosers :
    Garrett
    Lorenzen
    Moustakas
    Senzel
    Hoffman
    Suarez
    Aquino

If Krall can't find replacements for these duds the organization has no hope. While they are at it dump Krall as well. He left this club high and dry with a freaking weak pen from square one. I posted on here how this pen was bad and how having a solid closer and pen could add 15 games or more to win total. Brewers are 70-4 after leading in sixth inning.

2. Likes:

gagliano (10-02-2021),REDREAD (10-03-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lot of guys need expunged from this club for next season

Since they're bringing back Bell, there's no reason to acquire better players.

Name:  it crowd.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  62.7 KB
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

6. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (10-02-2021),CaiGuy (10-03-2021),camisadelgolf (10-02-2021),Chip R (10-04-2021),dubc47834 (10-05-2021),GAC (10-04-2021),Griffey012 (10-04-2021),GullyFoyle (10-03-2021),HokieRed (10-02-2021),Hoosier Red (10-04-2021),Larkin Fan (10-03-2021),mth123 (10-02-2021),Old school 1983 (10-03-2021),Red Raindog (10-05-2021),RedTeamGo! (10-03-2021),StRedlegs900 (10-04-2021),wolfboy (10-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by zigbeenuthouse View Post
    Garrett
    Lorenzen
    Moustakas
    Senzel
    Hoffman
    Suarez
    Aquino

If Krall can't find replacements for these duds the organization has no hope. While they are at it dump Krall as well. He left this club high and dry with a freaking weak pen from square one. I posted on here how this pen was bad and how having a solid closer and pen could add 15 games or more to win total. Brewers are 70-4 after leading in sixth inning.
    You said it bro! What a pack of duds.

If you have guys who can lock down games from the seventh inning on, you have a playoff contender. This team didn't ave anything close to that. Count the games that were blown in the last three innings of a game. Conservatively, I think you could add 12 to15 games to a win total with lockdown guys from the seventh inning on. The Reds will finish with 82 or 83 wins. You do the math !!!

Garrett
    Lorenzen
    Moustakas
    Senzel
    Hoffman
    Suarez
    Aquino

Add Shogo to that list too.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

10. Likes:

MR X (10-03-2021),mth123 (10-03-2021),Red Raindog (10-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Add Shogo to that list too.
    He should be the first name on it. AAAA player.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

12. Likes:

GAC (10-04-2021),REDREAD (10-04-2021)

Suarez? Granted he's been bad overall but he's been by far the best hitter on this team for over a month now. He's been over a +2.0 bWAR guy during that stretch. I sure as hell wouldn't dump him or give away prospects in a trade with him...
    Last edited by DocRed; 10-03-2021 at 11:08 AM.

14. Likes:

MR X (10-03-2021),mth123 (10-03-2021),RiverfrontRed (10-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Suarez? Granted he's been bad overall but he's been by far the best hitter on this team for over a month now. He's been over a +2.0 bWAR guy during that stretch. I sure as hell wouldn't dump him or give away prospects in a trade with him...
    I don't see any way that the Reds come out ahead by removing Suarez, Moose or Senzel. The cost of removing and replacing them is likely to provide less value and cost than keeping them. Shogo, Aquino, Garrett need to go. I'd keep Hoffman, He's been a decent reliever.. I'd probably let Lorenzen go and do what it takes to bring back Givens. The RH Bullpen would be Givens, Cessa, Santillan, Warren, Hoffman and Sims. Getting a high end late inning lefty is the primary need in the bullpen. Givens made $4 Million this year.

IMO, the big decisions are Barnhart and Naquin. I'd let Barnhart walk I lean towards keeping Naquin but could see either decision.

Castellanos will opt out and Asfrubel Cabrera and Delino Deshields are FAs.

Other guys on the 40 man roster who should be removed: Alex Blandino, Ryan Hendrix.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

16. Likes:

757690 (10-04-2021),Chip R (10-04-2021),GullyFoyle (10-03-2021),HokieRed (10-03-2021),Mitri (10-03-2021),Red Raindog (10-05-2021),REDREAD (10-04-2021),wally post (10-04-2021)

Garrett
    Lorenzen
    Moustakas
    Senzel
    Hoffman
    Suarez
    Aquino
    Garrett, Lorenzen and Aquino I completely agree with.

Moustakas unfortunately is unmovable unless you pay almost all of the contract or also give up a top prospect as the real prize.

Hoffman showed just enough that I'd consider him as long man again. Senzel could definitely still be useful and I'd give Suarez a shot to prove September's not a fluke and he can still be a productive bat who plays decent D.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I don't see any way that the Reds come out ahead by removing Suarez, Moose or Senzel. The cost of removing and replacing them is likely to provide less value and cost than keeping them. Shogo, Aquino, Garrett need to go. I'd keep Hoffman, He's been a decent reliever.. I'd probably let Lorenzen go and do what it takes to bring back Givens. The RH Bullpen would be Givens, Cessa, Santillan, Warren, Hoffman and Sims. Getting a high end late inning lefty is the primary need in the bullpen. Givens made $4 Million this year.

IMO, the big decisions are Barnhart and Naquin. I'd let Barnhart walk I lean towards keeping Naquin but could see either decision.

Castellanos will opt out and Asfrubel Cabrera and Delino Deshields are FAs.

Other guys on the 40 man roster who should be removed: Alex Blandino, Ryan Hendrix.
    I agree with all of this except for Moose - I do hope they poke around for a way to shed some of Moustakas' salary. Might not be possible, will definitely take a lot of creativity, but a healthy Moustakas might intrigue a team needing a veteran infielder on a severe discount.

19. Likes:

HokieRed (10-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I agree with all of this except for Moose - I do hope they poke around for a way to shed some of Moustakas' salary. Might not be possible, will definitely take a lot of creativity, but a healthy Moustakas might intrigue a team needing a veteran infielder on a severe discount.
    I'd do this too but I wouldn't part with any of our better prospects to move Moose. I'm wondering if Max Schrock and Friedl are interesting enough that Naquin can be let go, and the other question is Barnhart. I think they'll let him go. What I wonder about is if they'll get a transition guy to give Kolosvary (sp?) more time at AAA or if they'll go straight to him. Probably depends on what's actually available in the market.

21. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-03-2021)

Garrett
    Lorenzen
    Moustakas
    Senzel
    Hoffman
    Suarez
    Aquino

If it was only that simple. Sometimes it’s cheaper to stay married than get divorced.

23. Likes:

Chip R (10-04-2021),dubc47834 (10-05-2021),Hoosier Red (10-04-2021)

I’m keeping Senzel as a bench player and Suarez because he’s gonna have a bounce back year. The rest I agree, but it isn’t as easy as we’d like.

Aquino looked this season like he was ready to go pro in something other than baseball. Suarez is like the dog who tries to run through the front door with a tree branch.

26. Likes:

demas863 (10-05-2021)

Turn Off Ads?