Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Lot of guys need expunged from this club for next season

Re: Lot of guys need expunged from this club for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Why would an NPB team give up a single dollar for him, when they can simply wait for the Reds to outright release him at which point he can go sign with them.
    That argument always makes me scratch my head. If someone wants someone from another team, a transaction with that team is the only way to guarantee that they get him. Waiting for him to be released means you will be in a bidding war(plus at the mercy of the player's preferences other than money) with any other team that wants him also.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by foster15 View Post
    That argument always makes me scratch my head. If someone wants someone from another team, a transaction with that team is the only way to guarantee that they get him. Waiting for him to be released means you will be in a bidding war(plus at the mercy of the player's preferences other than money) with any other team that wants him also.
    A bidding war?

Right on, as we old-timers used to say. I believe he has one more year on his contract, which amounts to $7 million. Is a buyout worth it?
    And, as someone else said, what scout failed to pick up on the fact that Shogo can't hit a MLB fastball?

5. Likes:

REDREAD (10-08-2021)

the same one that drafted chad mottola

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    A bidding war?
    Uhh, yeah! What's the problem with that. You said why should they buy out his contract when they could wait for Reds to let him go. Well, if one team wants him, then I'm guessing another team might want him too.

Turn Off Ads?