Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: GM Nick Krall: The 2022 budget is the 1st priority for the Cincinnati Reds off-season

Re: GM Nick Krall: The 2022 budget is the 1st priority for the Cincinnati Reds off-se

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232 View Post
    I’m always bragging to my buddies about the franchise value appreciation!
    I spend a lot of time online following the Reds marketing departments attempt to infuse their brand into lateral markets in an attempt to get a bigger piece of the pie in small item goods and partnerships with more licensed vendors

2. Likes:

M2 (10-05-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: GM Nick Krall: The 2022 budget is the 1st priority for the Cincinnati Reds off-se

Outside of the 60’s and 70’s, this organization has mostly lucked into anything like success in the post-Jackie Robinson era. You never get the sense that there are a ton of figures all pulling the franchise in a singular direction with a no-excuses mentality. Just a sloppy bunch.

5. Likes:

REDREAD (10-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Outside of the 60’s and 70’s, this organization has mostly lucked into anything like success in the post-Jackie Robinson era. You never get the sense that there are a ton of figures all pulling the franchise in a singular direction with a no-excuses mentality. Just a sloppy bunch.
    Problem is they were worse before Jackie. Only Crosley's interest and innovation made them good and his wife's death and the war slowed that down.

7. Likes:

Chip R (10-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Problem is they were worse before Jackie. Only Crosley's interest and innovation made them good and his wife's death and the war slowed that down.
    My knowledge of pre-Jackie baseball is minimal.

Maybe we should just target the TBR, A's, Indians and Brewers front office? We did it to some extent with DJ with success so why not continue? Those are proven winners from a budget-management front office standpoint.

10. Likes:

REDREAD (10-07-2021)

They call me "chef"

Oh. You're a Reds fan? Name 5 of their appreciating assets.

12. Likes:

Chip R (10-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    My knowledge of pre-Jackie baseball is minimal.
    That's why I was assigned to this site
    Last edited by westofyou; 10-05-2021 at 07:04 PM.

14. Likes:

919191 (10-06-2021),Chip R (10-06-2021),Fil3232 (10-05-2021),KronoRed (10-05-2021),M2 (10-05-2021),Plus Plus (10-07-2021),savafan (10-06-2021),The Operator (10-07-2021),Tom Servo (10-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Maybe we should just target the TBR, A's, Indians and Brewers front office? We did it to some extent with DJ with success so why not continue? Those are proven winners from a budget-management front office standpoint.
    Plucking a single gun-for-hire doesn’t alter the philosophy of the organization. It should be “win first.” It is in every successful franchise. Win first, we’ll pay for it later with banners. Look at all successful sports’ organizations. That’s exactly how they operate.

The problem is they run the team like a small tool and die company. So putting in the smartest hired hand in the business won’t change the culture. If anything it will just frustrate the hired hand and the franchise.

16. Likes:

boxseat (10-06-2021),REDREAD (10-07-2021),UKWhoDey (10-09-2021)

do you think they should re sign scott heineman, he was incredible when the throw came from second base to first base, he actually caught the ball

Castellini explained it perfectly.

Do the "budget," and strive to break even. If they are under, they will spend what they can. If they are over, cut the spending. Basically, tread water as the franchise appreciates.

Did you hear anything about winning in that mantra?

Me either.

Does that sound like an MLB recipe for championships to anyone?

Me either.

And the beat goes on...
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

19. Likes:

Chip R (10-06-2021),REDREAD (10-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    How are you replacing Sonny and what team is trading an established RF masher for a veteran SP?
    Total spitball here.

Mitch Haniger for Sonny Gray.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Total spitball here.

I've advocated Haniger as a target before but that's a tough deal to pull the trigger on...unless you have serious questions about Sonny's health. And I think there's reason to, so it might be a good deal for the Reds.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Total spitball here.

I assume the Mariners are hoping to contend next season. So they'd definitely want Gray, but no way are they trading their top power hitter to get him. They'd need to get Gray and keep Haniger for it to make sense.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

23. Likes:

mth123 (10-05-2021),Revering4Blue (10-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    And wasn't there a 45-season stretch from 1956-2000 where they had the best overall record in the NL (or maybe second to the Dodgers)? I feel like that just got an epic level of yadda yadda.
    Last edited by M2; 10-05-2021 at 09:22 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

25. Likes:

UKWhoDey (10-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I assume the Mariners are hoping to contend next season. So they'd definitely want Gray, but no way are they trading their top power hitter to get him. They'd need to get Gray and keep Haniger for it to make sense.
    They are both on this list….

https://www.mlb.com/news/prime-mlb-o...ding-into-2022

Turn Off Ads?