Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reds front office directory

Re: Reds front office directory

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    There is plenty of evidence. Castellini has been mocked for some of that evidence. “The losing stops now!” So many quotes about how much he wants to win, how committed he is to winning.

Oh yeah, there also are the periods where Castellini put his money where his mouth is and spent to get a winning team. It hasn’t always worked out, but he has spent the money needed to win, more than once. I would say that main problem the Reds have had is that Castellini went overboard with the spending around 2012, and the team has been paying the price for that since then.

You may not care which owners are the real problem, but it’s extremely relevant. It likely is the major problem, the reason for the schizophrenic behavior of the team, that fact that not all the owners are on the same page all the time. You ignoring it doesn’t make the problem go away.
    I'm a results oriented person and the team has mostly been terrible under this ownership group, Castellini owns that. The rest of this, again, who cares
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Likes:

Redsfan6272 (11-17-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I'm a results oriented person and the team has mostly been terrible under this ownership group, Castellini owns that. The rest of this, again, who cares
    Reds fans should care.

If there is a problem, properly identifying that problem is the first and an essential step. Identifying Castellini generally as the problem without going deeper is like saying the problem with this country is the government. It may make you feel better but it achieves nothing.

If all you want to do is vent, fine, vent away. But if you want things to get better for Reds fans, you're going to have to do more than venting.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Reds fans should care.

If there is a problem, properly identifying that problem is the first and an essential step. Identifying Castellini generally as the problem without going deeper is like saying the problem with this country is the government. It may make you feel better but it achieves nothing.

If all you want to do is vent, fine, vent away. But if you want things to get better for Reds fans, you're going to have to do more than venting.
    lol none of us have any power, there's nothing to do but vent

6. Likes:

mth123 (11-17-2021),RedTeamGo! (11-16-2021),Roy Tucker (11-17-2021)

lol none of us have any power, there's nothing to do but vent
    Fans have plenty of power. The number of people here who have declared that they won’t support the Reds shows that power.

This site was founded in order to provide a place that goes beyond the standard comment section venting. A place where in depth analysis and debate can occur. It’s valuable and debates on sites like this have real power, real influence.

If you all you want to do is vent, fine, but this site expects better.

Fans have plenty of power. The number of people here who have declared that they won’t support the Reds shows that power.

This site was founded in order to provide a place that goes beyond the standard comment section venting. A place where in depth analysis and debate can occur. It’s valuable and debates on sites like this have real power, real influence.

I've been here since 2002, I'm pretty clear on RedsZone, which I find extremely valuable, but not in relation to it's ability to make these rich idiots change their behavior.

9. Likes:

mth123 (11-17-2021),westofyou (11-17-2021)

I've been here since 2002, I'm pretty clear on RedsZone, which I find extremely valuable, but not in relation to it's ability to make these rich idiots change their behavior.
    You’ve been one of the posters here I respect the most since I joined. You’re posts have almost always been thoughtful, intelligent, detailed, and full of meaningful facts and evidence. I’ve learned a lot from you over the years, on many subjects.

Which is why these game thread level, reactionary posts like this one are so surprising and disappointing.

This was in response to me providing evidence to a statement about Castellini that you said there was no evidence to back up. You asked for evidence, I provided it, and your response was, “Castellini sucks, who cares about that evidence.”

I’ll chalk it up to you being angry and just wanting to vent, but still, it’s rather disappointing coming from you.

11. Likes:

Redsfaithful (11-17-2021)

I have seen this movie before.

This is all the same back and forth as Cincinnati Bengals fan discussions in the 1990s.

1. The Cincinnati Reds are a monopoly. There is not another MLB franchise to choose from in the Greater Cincinnati area.
    2. The franchise itself, appreciates regardless of on-field performance.

This combination of 1 and 2 means that whoever owns the Reds are free to be as cheap and/or incompetent as they like, without the consequences that would normally occur when doing so as owners of a traditional business. Because no matter what they do, the franchise continues to print money, essentially.

Fans have no say in the matter. Owners operate without consequence. Nothing will ever change in that regard. Some teams find a way. Other teams find a way to make excuses. Happy Same Year, everyone. Castellini is on Line 1, from his 85 million dollar resort. It's a collect call, I hope that's ok.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 11-17-2021 at 11:31 AM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

When someone says Redszone is a good barometer for the fanbase I have to chuckle, Redszone is full of the 1% of baseball fans, the others are the ones going to games, striving to high five Votto, collecting bobbleheads, buying kids jerseys at Super Kroger.

The City bought them a stadium, infilled the space with restaurants and destinations and you can bet will they be filled next summer, especially if the pandemic dies down.

Sheep need to graze.

14. Likes:

Redsfaithful (11-17-2021),Roy Tucker (11-17-2021)

Yes, shockingly, for the vast majority of people professional sports are mostly mindless entertainment, and the outcomes of the games don't change their lives.

16. Likes:

Redsfaithful (11-17-2021),RedTeamGo! (11-17-2021),Roy Tucker (11-17-2021),westofyou (11-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    When someone says Redszone is a good barometer for the fanbase I have to chuckle, Redszone is full of the 1% of baseball fans, the others are the ones going to games, striving to high five Votto, collecting bobbleheads, buying kids jerseys at Super Kroger.

The City bought them a stadium, infilled the space with restaurants and destinations and you can bet will they be filled next summer, especially if the pandemic dies down.

Sheep need to graze.
    I agree with this.

Which is why when a respected, experienced member of Redszone posts like those other fans, it’s surprising and disappointing.

It would be difficult for an experienced Cincinnati sports fan not to recognize the Mike Brown 1990s Ownership Playbook when they see it.

"The willing suspension of disbelief." I get it. And I'm all in for that in March and April. But this is November, and Reds ownership is already crying poor for 2022.

It's lame. And I don't see the problem is calling it out for what it is.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

I agree with this.

Which is why when a respected, experienced member of Redszone posts like those other fans, it’s surprising and disappointing.
    I don’t know of anyone on this site that has actually had a meaningful dialogue with any senior staff at the Reds about how the club is run.

Sure, we can not buy tickets and not watch games on TV. We can write strongly worded detailed essays to the front office explaining in great detail what is wrong and how to get better. I just very seriously doubt it make any difference to the front office. I don’t think they listen in any meaningful way. I don’t know how me as a fan can make any impact on the direction of the club.

My issue is with their competency. I don’t think the front office is competent.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

20. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-17-2021),Chip R (11-17-2021)

It seems my points have been misunderstood.

This is what I said:

I made two separate points.

1. Fans do have power in the way they spend their time and money. That absolutely can influence how owners run their teams.

2. The debate here on Redszone is different from most everywhere else and that difference is meaningful. Debates here have real force, in informing other posters here, and in rare instances, changing people’s minds.

I apologize if I implied that those two points were connected. They are not.
    Last edited by 757690; 11-17-2021 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    It would be difficult for an experienced Cincinnati sports fan not to recognize the Mike Brown 1990s Ownership Playbook when they see it.

"The willing suspension of disbelief." I get it. And I'm all in for that in March and April. But this is November, and Reds ownership is already crying poor for 2022.

It's lame. And I don't see the problem is calling it out for what it is.
    It's just like a shell game that moved from the corner of 6th and Vine to the one on 5th and Main

23. Likes:

Bob Sheed (11-17-2021),Roy Tucker (11-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Yes, shockingly, for the vast majority of people professional sports are mostly mindless entertainment, and the outcomes of the games don't change their lives.
    Lucky bastards, wonder what they do think about?

Turn Off Ads?